Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
RE
Welsh
Welsh Baccalaurete
And the options I chose were:
GCSE Applied Buisness
GCSE ICT
GCSE Geography!
Hoping to take a BTEC Level 3 for Public Services in collage and then go on to get a degree in Crimonology in Uni! Take a guess of what job I am aiming for.
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
Anyone here do GCSE Irish? Its compulsory here ;-; Just want to hear what grade anyone got in it?
(03-09-2015, 06:01 PM)TheMJ Wrote: Well, in my school or compulsary subjects are:
Maths
English and English Lit
Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
RE
Welsh
Welsh Baccalaurete
And the options I chose were:
GCSE Applied Buisness
GCSE ICT
GCSE Geography!
Hoping to take a BTEC Level 3 for Public Services in collage and then go on to get a degree in Crimonology in Uni! Take a guess of what job I am aiming for.

Hmm. Baker?
The following 1 user Likes Weecow's post:
  • Roachy
The one thing I properly remember about GCSEs is triple science...
I had to do 9 exams for it:
Core Biology - Higher
Core Chemistry - Higher
Core Physics - Higher
Additional Biology - Higher
Additional Chemistry - Higher
Additional Physics - Higher
Extended Biology - Higher
Extended Chemistry - Foundation
Extended Physics - Higher
I managed to get A-B on all of them except for extended chemistry.
All the other exams I took were piss easy. My one tip for you is to practise a shit load of past papers, and to learn the mark schemes.
For computing science, I memorised the last 7 or so mark schemes, and when I go to the real thing, I had already seen the majority of questions beforehand. GCSE's isn't about how clever you are - it's about how well you can remember

***By piss easy, I mean that if you do your revision it's easy***
The following 1 user Likes Gandhi's post:
  • Safira
(03-21-2015, 07:18 AM)Gandhi Wrote: The one thing I properly remember about GCSEs is triple science...

Same for me! 9 exams... I've got 26 exams in total. :/

I suppose I should start revision, but for some subjects it isn't really necessary.
Regards,
aviator
(03-21-2015, 11:44 AM)Aviator Wrote: Gandhi

Same for me! 9 exams... I've got 26 exams in total. :/

I suppose I should start revision, but for some subjects it isn't really necessary.

They say start revising at easter where I go to. But I started staying after school and doing extra work around January (only like an extra hour or two per night.)

As long as you know how the mark schemes work, you'll be fine for most of your tests but science is a different bloody story...

Buy a revision guide (I think I had a cgp one) and try and cram as much of that shit in as possible!

Good luck, I got lucky because everyone's grades got bumped up thanks to the satanic man known as Michael Gove...

On a serious note to end it off - Do your work and you'll do fine.
I'll probably start revising around Easter time.

I tend to just read and answer questions in texts books and then do past papers and look at mark schemes. I don't find those creative revision techniques actually help me!

I'm pretty confident with GCSEs at the moment.

Cheers man!
Regards,
aviator
I can't believe it's already the time!

Tomorrow is my last day before study leave and my first GCSE exam is on Friday. Where the fuck has the time gone?!

Just got to get through 26 exams between now at the 16th June and then a massive summer break before A-Levels!

Good luck to everyone taking their GCSEs this summer.
Regards,
aviator
What sucks about over here is that we have to take our exams at the same time as they're being done in the UK - which means I could just have my 3 hour geography paper at 9 at night. -_-

Wouldn't think you'd be allowed to do it at 9 at night. I've got one more week of college before I'm officially done with my freshman year
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”