GCSEs
GCSEs are very rarely a formal requirement for university courses however if you're thinking of applying to anything hyper-competitive (such as medicine/law) at the top universities (oxbridge/london) then the majority of candidates will have all/mostly A*s.
(05-31-2015, 10:39 PM)Safira Wrote: Well, GCSEs mean something certainly in my school - only those who get all As and Bs can continue to the sixth form (It's got the best facilities here, providing A level and IB, so pretty selective).

Fingers crossed I don't f*ck up.

I'm sure you'll be fine! I just sat my GCSE maths calculator paper this morning.

They mean something in my school too to progress to sixth form, but also top level universities will look at them as an indicator.

Definitely found this year's GCSE exams more challenging than previous exam series.

4 more exams to go! Cheese
Regards,
aviator
6 left, two sciences, two history, R.E and stats, they really did leave the best for last.
Had 14 exams, only got 4 left! Ends this week Tounge
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
Well, half-mocks are over...
So if you give a f*ck:

Spoiler :
Geography - A*
English - A (2 marks off A* fml)
French - A (1 mark off A*... fml)
Biology - A (1 mark off A*... FML)
Drama - A
History - A
Physics - A
Chemistry - B (1 mark off A. DO YOU SEE A TREND)
Maths - B

I'm relying on UMS to bump up the chemistry and maths to As...

The following 1 user Likes Safira's post:
  • Tomo
Well. I did Eng Lit, Eng Lan, Maths, Triple Science (3 modules + Controlled Assessment for each Science, Physics Chemistry and Biology), ESMECC (Religious Studies), GCSE ICT (Computer Science, w/e), Geography and History.

Did well in my mocks.
[Image: 39575d6072ed7c11a168b38f6ea15a10.png]
Done all bar 4 of my exams. I have GCSE History, Source Analysis (British Public Health 1800-1914), Biology 456D exam. Physics 456D and Chemistry 456D.

Hope it went well. Also, fuck hannah, greedy shit. Eating 2 of N sweets! Jesus.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
The following 1 user Likes Doctor Internet's post:
  • Tomo
@DoctorInternet
Nice job! Good luck with the rest of 'em.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
I'll be honest. People make school such a big deal....it's really not haha. I have 7 credit standard grades and one general.

Exactly the same as 7 A GCSE's and 1 C

I also 3 highers at B equates to A levers at B...still working in a job as people that failed all their exams...to be fair I also have a job as the manager and worker of a youth project. But I didn't get that from school or grades, that was through years off volunteering my arse off. Working part time jobs etc.

But my day job, in a call centre with dead beats who still can't figure out how to answer a bloody phone.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(06-09-2015, 07:19 PM)Marty Wrote: I'll be honest. People make school such a big deal....it's really not haha.

Depends, like some people online have said - I hate school but love education. No doubt school is important but depends on your career paths. Some careers you do have the pressure of almost maxing out grades in your GCSEs and more importantly performing well at A level.

Just depends on who you are and what you want to do I suppose.

Good luck to everyone! I have AQA Physics unit 1 on friday and then AQA Business & Comms (yuk) on tuesday - then GCSEs are done. Never thought I'd actually get this far XD
Regards,
aviator
Two exams left. Chemistry Modules 4, 5 and 6 (+Section D) today, and Physics Modules 4, 5 and 6 (+Section D) on Wednesday. Working on Tuesday. Working every other weekday after Wednesday. Good luck to anyone else taking exams.
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator