Unban request DentedCrown
Your name:
DentedCrown

Your ban ID:

Banned by:
[FL:M] Link66

Reason:
FearRP and failRP. Using a arrest stick to arrest someone who is shooting at them

Involved:
Beam
[FL:RP] Jizes
Mambon the 2nd

Why we should unban you:
It's hard for a new player to understand the rules perfectly, but for what I know RDM (or any other breakage of the server rules) is something out of character, and an arrest/breaking the law ingame is something in character.

The situation was as follows: I was a police officer and I spotted a man going through red traffic light, so I chased him (pointed a tazer at him telling him to stop running, which he didn't, but I have no evidence of him breaking fearRP). An officer saw me run after that man, so he followed us. I was told that I should let people that break this type of laws pay a fine. So when I managed to get in the elevator he was trying to use to get away, I told him he had to pay a fine of $250.00. He then forced me to leave, didn't want to pay the fine and told his friend on skype (or anything) to come over and shoot me. In the meanwhile I warranted him for not paying the fine I ordered him to pay. When I got the warrant he broke fearRP once again by running off. Then there was his friend ([FL:RP] Jizes) to shoot me and the other officer to death. They were both citizens, and it's obviously not a valid RP reason to shoot two cops because they arrest your IRL friend. Also it's metagaming, because he didn't call his friend in an IC way ingame.

I'd like to use Beam, the other officer, his video as evidence of this situation: http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=6o0h8i%3...-C8uvl_vW4 (The BR on Jizes: http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=50276)

After we died, I almost made the mistake of running back to take the elevator and arrest them in that building, which would break the NLR, so I went back on patrol. Not much later I saw them near the petrol station having an arrest warrant, so acting like I was another well informed cop, I went to arrest them. Also I wanted to continue the IC situation we had, which was disturbed by OOC rule breakage. But while I ran towards them to arrest them they pulled out a weapon and started shooting me immediately.

The combination of circumstances, that the previous IC roleplay situation was stopped by RDM and that fearRP in this situation was working differently after they started shooting me (I'm sure you are allowed to run after you have been shot), persuaded me to continue to try and arrest them. I wouldn't have arrested them if they would have told me to stop, while pointing a weapon at me without shooting me.

This is my first ban sadly, but I have mixed thoughts about this. I hope my explanation made my side of the story clear, but I wouldn't have posted this unban request if I could have spoken the moderator before he banned me. But well, I understand he was busy and didn't have time to hear another story.

Also it's a sad fact that an ordinary arrest situation had to get turned into a situation where people got banned, which was in my oppinion caused by someone with a lot of hours on the server who should have known better. I saw the ban request on him was approved, but he just got a blacklist for RDMing two people while he has a ban record of 16 bans already, and I get banned for something not remotely so agressive.

"Reason: FearRP and failRP. Using a arrest stick to arrest someone who is shooting at them"
So in short, I think fearRP is not applying in that way in this situation. And I think the system where you hit someone with the arrest stick is failRP anyway, but it's probably the best possible way to implement an arresting system in your server. It's just my opinion, I'll wait for an admin to respond and decide.

Sincerely,
[Image: PA9YkeT.jpg?2]
Quote:RDM (or any other breakage of the server rules) is something out of character, and an arrest/breaking the law ingame is something in character.

Doesn't matter.

Quote:The situation was as follows

Here is what I banned you for, nothing more - nothing less.

[Image: 6892f88a07.jpg]

Even though the second picture shows beam arresting the man with the gun, in the video you can clearly see you doing the same. If you look in the chat, it says "Ragoslav has used a medkit. It will take some time to heal your wounds" (or whatever the msg says) when you run past.

This is classed as fearRP, and both you and beam broke it. The attacker got sanctioned for his actions, and you got sanctioned for yours.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

Denied
Kind Regards,
Floodify