Chachalia - HTML Game NO DOWNLOAD REQUIRED!
Greetings!

I have been inactive from the forums for quite a large amount of time, and this is the reason behind it. I have decided to move onto creating simplier games, indie games you may call it. The reason for this is due to the fact that i would like to start earning a small amount of profit by putting my games onto GameJolt.

I would like to introduce you to what i am working on. I have decided to begin working on a project, which goes by the name of Chachalia. (Dont ask how i came up with the name, its a rather long story). Anyway, i have currently produced 2 experimentation demos, which basically show some of the features that are going to be in the game when it has been completed. The game is in-fact a 2d sidescrolling game, which i am going to be using construct 2 for.

I am not advertising my game in any way, if you are curious or just wondering. I am simple just wanting to tell you all about the project that i am working on, and was wondering if any of you had the time, to perhaps take a look at it. These experimentation Demos are rather short, but they are basically just showing some of the features and mechanics that i am working on.

Link to the Game: http://gamejolt.com/games/platformer/cha...o-2/30252/

GameJolt is a really good site. It has a great community, and has alot of Indie games which you can check out, and i would suggest browsing the site if you are into that sort of thing.

I know, currently the game looks simple, very simple, but i am working on it progressively. More detail is going to be added over a period of time, but currently i am focusing on the mechanics of the game, rather than the looks, detail etc,

I would really appreciate it if you were able to make an account if you don't already have one, and perhaps comment on what features you would like within the game, and perhaps rate it on the website, as this would really help me in the longrun. If not, then just play through the level, and see how you feel about it, and leave some feedback on these forums.

I appreciate anyone who takes their time to check it out and give me some feedback, as this will help me when it comes to further development of the actual game. More work is to come soon, so please make sure to check it out when it is in-fact released.

If you would like to help me produce the game, then please contact me personally and we can arrange something, as anyone who is willing to help is a friend o' mine!

Thank you, and i hope that you enjoy what i have currently produced.

(P.S: Hope your all well, and having a good time Roleplaying.)
Very nice! I'll be doing computer science next year at school, so soon enough i'll be able to start doing thins like these! Cheese
P.S I think i found a bug, if you press space again after you began the game, the music comes on, but it comes on over the music that's already playing, so theres two of the same songs playing and it sounds bad.
Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member
(07-19-2014, 01:06 PM)Tandy Wrote: Very nice! I'll be doing computer science next year at school, so soon enough i'll be able to start doing thins like these! Cheese
P.S I think i found a bug, if you press space again after you began the game, the music comes on, but it comes on over the music that's already playing, so theres two of the same songs playing and it sounds bad.

Sweet, honestly creating games is so much fun, probably more than actually playing the games themselves.

About the bug that you stated; i found this also, but i don't think there is actually a way of resolving it. Tried to script something together in order to make the event only happen once, so you cannot replay the music but it didn't seem to work. Im still working on it, but i don't think i have found a work around yet! Tounge

Thanks for playing through it, and i hope that you enjoyed what i have currently made. (Despite it being rather terrible when it comes to graphics).
I broke the game :3

press space loads and it makes a sound akin to me ripping my cats hair out
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
The following 2 users Like Barkles's post:
  • Bowiii, Baskingner
(07-19-2014, 05:20 PM)Barkles Wrote: I broke the game :3

press space loads and it makes a sound akin to me ripping my cats hair out

I can confirm that xD. I though Jump to space in the beginning (yea i never read the manuals xD) so after 6 attempts my game went mad.
Dont worry, on the next Experimental Demo (If i actually get round to making one) i will fix this. Most likely going to be working on a new project soon, so i will make sure to update you with this after i have completed it! Wink
The following 1 user Likes Commander Fi5h's post:
  • Barkles