The Community Sucks
I like that you've made a constructive post about the community, but I'd have to disagree on a specific point.

I do not feel the server is a "pay to win". For starters, the server is an RP server: You don't need tons of money to RP. However, if you do want money it is still not pay to win, because as stated it is very easy to get money by contra-whoring - but this is just my opinion.

Anyway, thanks for the constructive post.
Hi.
(07-08-2014, 08:09 PM)Bigmacintosh Wrote: I do agree to the statement ''Pay to win'' but the community does definately not suck. I do not know if you have ever stepped into darkrp yet. Good luck, You'll probably get a seizure.

Getting money easily? Lol no . Weapons are expensive which i love. Its not like every one is running around town with a huge minigun everytime. Thats how it is in every other RP server, Atleast.

I say leave it all as it is.

Are you sure that you cant get money easy? You can get him easy you need to patient. Well i will tell you how easy it is:

Every 5 mins: 250$ from moneyprinter.
Every 5 mins: 140$ from drug lab.
+
WeedFarming: Every 20 minutes from 5 pots: 25 weeds: 2.525$

So if you have 20 pots (buy them from others) you can have 100 weeds on 20 minutes what is = 10.100$ on 20 minutes, 30.300$ on hour

from contrabants you get 3000$ on hour from one moneyprinter and 1680$ from one druglab. 2 moneyprinters on hour= 6000$, 5 druglabs on hour: 8.400$

All together (20 pots and contras in one hour): 44.700$ . Well how to get those 20 pots? Is it so hard to ask 3 more people to give you 5 pots for 2k, 2.5k or more? I dont think so.

I am playing atleast 8 hours and if i would have all of that hours without crash or raid on me it would be: 357.600$ on 8 hours. Well if you play that 7 days like that (8 hours every day) you can get: 2.503.200$ . Well if you dont buy anything, really anything or just necessary things it would be around 2 millions. Well its not so hard at all, just be patient! Time is money!
I agree that this community/gamemode has some problems and I would like to thank you for opinion. Though I dosn't agree with you on the ban request then I do think you have a good point on the gamemode with the way it promotes aggressive RP.
(07-08-2014, 10:23 PM)Noda Wrote: People do not like to have their time, money, or other property taken from them, and they use the ban request system to try to get back at people who have valid reasons to do things.

Yea ofcourse they dont, that's why you are getting baned when someone is searching for hole that you done and report you. Sometimes someone report you and you dont have proofs against him and you are banned. Well that's called revenge BRing. That's the problem here. BR is very powerfull tool if your enemy dont have proofs Wink.
Well damn, not only does this thread bring hatred to my heart but also the fact that some or it is actually true. Most of your statements do I deny but some can I agree with.

To me it sounds like more of a personal problem. When you raid somebody and you know the reason is valid you just continue on raiding. Even if the guy with 9000 hours tells you it's random. If you are sure that you aren't breaking any rules you don't have to stop for their shake. It sounds like you get confused when you raid somebody every time they yell something like " this is a random raid, I will post a ban request on you." You retreat, so the question is, are you random raiding?

Not to mention that you don't like the way people gain money. I mean come on, in real life it probably takes years before a money printer would print legit money, what do I know? This is not the real world, we are playing to have fun. We don't wanna wait hours and hours just so the money can come out.

Either way the donation system is made for fearless to stay alive, for those people who actually care. If the donation system wasn't there who knows, maybe even fearless won't be there. No matter what the donation system is fine as it is and the money you gain from it disappears just as quick. So please define what you mean about op money.

I have to agree with one thing, you can get weapons way too easy, if you don't have any ideas or suggestion how to fix that I don't see what you are whining about doe.

Last but not least, would you mind changing the title of this thread? You tell us this is not offending but you name the thread " This Community Sucks " anyway.

Sad to say what this seems like is just you having a punishment that you wasn't happy about and then you left this thread to let us know how you fell about it.

Good day!
To be fair, I have played on this server for more than a year now (took around 5 month off because I had no computer) and a lot has changed since I was last on it. I still do enjoy the server, but I do have to agree with all of these ban requests. I do record gameplay, but I do not threaten anyone that they will be ban requested. I only report rule breakers. I believe that the role play in this server is not there anymore. People basically want as much money as possible, have all of the best stuff and I don't blame them. I could say at least half of the people on this server lately do not care about roleplaying, only wanting to ruin others gameplay. I have had so many people threaten me of ban reports when I have raided them, stopping me from roleplaying.

Another issue I would highly suggest is the police officers are lacking experience, by a massive amount. I think that 4 hours of gameplay is not enough for someone to know what is right and what is wrong? I had my house randomly searched for no reason what so ever, and the police officer prop climber over my house, tazed me numerous times, then when I tried to tell him he needs a warrant, he just shot me.

I also see a lot of police officers shooting at cars when they are speeding are drive stupidly. This should not happen, since this is a role play server, they should pursuit the car in a police car, not shoot them. It ends up as RDM, but they have an excuse to say that you were speeding.

I really think that game mode and jobs need to by looked at again, and more admins should be on the server to decrease the amount of rule breakers. Yes, ban requests are on the forums, but it is getting ridiculous now the amount of ban requests that come through in 1 day.

About the RP points, I have role played numerous of times before, even in front of admins, and throughout a year and a bit, I have never received one single RP point. Not one.

I do enjoy this server, and the game mode, but the some of the community should not be playing on this server if they will not role play, because they simply ruin every one else's game. They cannot be banned because 'not not roleplaying' is not against the rules.

I am not trying to offend anyone, these are just my views, and this is what I think could be done to make the server better for the people who actually want to have a good time, role play and make their real life money well spent.
Many thanks,

Mad Mike

A Fearless donator and regular player.

This thread was a nice criticism to the community of Fearless, I don't agree with the weapons being too cheap and the donation system being OP personally, but the community is lackluster in the fact that everyone always shouts and gets in arguments with everyone over rules, I feel like I can't do anything on Fearless without someone shouting obscenities at me because I did something they didn't like or I accidentally broke a minor rule (which if you talk to me about it in local OOC or something, I'll correct it) so they're going to threaten me with a ban request unless i correct that. The ban request system is nice in that it catches people who actually break rules, but for example when I'm raiding with a valid reason and I'm being shouted at with "Stop this is a random raid you **** im recording" it disrupts the flow of gameplay and discourages me. Don't tell me not to break the rules because I don't, There's never been a ban request solely on me (my one ban is kind of complicated lol) I'm an understanding and fun person generally but it irks me how the people on this server seemingly always throw the phrase "posting a ban request" around when it comes to doing anything.
The following 2 users Like chaytor's post:
  • 2-Ply, Reefaz
I'll just keep sitting in my happy boat with saying, "Add farming, mining, and crafting" and "Remove every job aside from Police and Civilian" oh and actually properly arm the Police with M4s or M14s.

Ultimately, the gamemode is Cops Vs. Robbers. You cannot make enough money without partaking in the vicious cycle that is the money printer economy, and any sense of Passive RP is impossible without first doing Aggressive RP.

Not trying to be an ass, but I am just going to point to a few things I have seen in the topic this far...

Quote:Guns are cheap! Increase the price!
In doing so, you cause a massive hyper-inflation, server hierarchy, and greater wealth gap between new and veteran players. The only system which would truly work is a temporary inventory system, permanent vault, and items degrading over a certain time period. For example: An AK-47 corrodes and destroys itself within two weeks time of purchase/creation.
This same thing can be adapted to other items, such as making food rot, medical supplies go bad, and kevlar breaking down.

Quote:Money Printers print to much money!
Money printers need to be removed, and replaced with an actual economy. Presently, the server is runned by a vicious cycle of Cops V. Robbers... What's worse is the cops are so heavily underpowered that most government are forced to hire Private Military Companies in order to ensure the protection of the city. This alone should state that something is severely wrong in Fearless.

Quote:People are loopholing the rules like crazy, several cases of admin corruption are propping up, what the hell is going on!?
The community is falling apart at it's core. The rules are outdated, and need to be revised/updates(Kumonryu Law Offices is working on a revised list btw). The admin team is becoming inactive because of boredom and thanks to the recent walk-out of the Super Admins, a lot of veterans from the Semper Fi days are gone.

As for the rules... Fearless has way to many rules, and far to few gameplay mechanics. Rules like "Do not Random Death Match!" promote cases in which an individual can get another individual banned. This is bad, very bad! One of the few revises I made in the KLO Updated Rulelist is instead of having RDM, I added MDM(mass death match), which only can be used against people who are apart of troll-raids and kill more than four people. Everything else is roleplay.

Fearless's greatest downfall is the fact that everyone is willingly ignorant to the problems Fearless has, and the only point where people are willing to talk about it, is when they are about to quit the community from said problems.
(07-09-2014, 01:01 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Fearless's greatest downfall is the fact that everyone is willingly ignorant to the problems Fearless has, and the only point where people are willing to talk about it, is when they are about to quit the community from said problems.

I wouldn't say everyone is willingly ignorant to the problems Fearless has. Just by reading Enzyme's post there, we can see that they do actually read criticism (as long as it is constructive.)

I do agree that people's confidence to admit their concerns does increase when they leave the community. When I left, I had decided to leave my personal concerns aside. Now after reading this, I kind of wish I had left some feedback, instead of just "bye" in super small font, but then again, how much effect would it have?

However, let us all not forget, it is very easy to criticize fearless, but lets face it, we've all had them moments of sheer fun with our friends here. I shall treasure them moments. But for me, them moments seem to get fewer as time goes on, they fade out into the distance and before you know it, you have decided to leave.

Best wishes to the community, happy to not see this thread closed, keep up the great discussion.
Quote:I'll just keep sitting in my happy boat with saying, "Add farming, mining, and crafting" and "Remove every job aside from Police and Civilian" oh and actually properly arm the Police with M4s or M14s.

Well i dont want that gamemode to become "more realistic" minecraft. I dont think that is anyway good idea. If they would arm police with m4 or m14s + his kevlar (they already have one) that would be superiority from goverment site. They already have SRU and that's it. If you will add that guns to officer you need rules for it:

- Use it in really serious situations
- Dont walk with it around

Quote:Guns are cheap! Increase the price!

Well someone said that. If you would increase the price for AK47 which is now around 20k it would be mess. Its easy to get 100k but if you look on other site you need atleast 2 hours to get it so. Money is valuable and in that case people who dont RP 8 hours on day (like me) wouldn't have money and evrything would become one big mess.

Quote:Money Printers print to much money!

I dont think so. If you want to get BMW you would need atleast 2 weeks with saving money. Its not so easy to get money. Spend 8 hours on server (me) to get money and (if they would lower printing of money) get a bit money....Well my will would go down and i dont agree with that.

Quote:Money printers need to be removed, and replaced with an actual economy

NO, NO, NO. In that game is that BEST part, to get money with contrabands...Man i am really against that :I.

Quote:the cops are so heavily underpowered that most government are forced to hire Private Military Companies in order to ensure the protection of the city.

What are you talking about? 4 SRU units, if one policeman call them before anything happen (for example when he see high walls and 3 mens inside high walls <-- Possible defending with big guns) they already have backups with high weapons. Bro that is totally not true what you said. Sometimes they have to get private military groups to defend city but that is in case if police is one big "noob" team.

Quote:The rules are outdated, and need to be revised/updates(Kumonryu Law Offices is working on a revised list btw).

Well a lot of rules need to be updated for sure.

Quote: The admin team is becoming inactive because of boredom and thanks to the recent walk-out of the Super Admins, a lot of veterans from the Semper Fi days are gone.

Well i think few of admins need to be replaced/demoted from their positions. For example Venom and Fultz. Maybe there is few other admins which i dont really know who must be demoted/replaced. Well for example today i was banned for one thing on BR's which i was already BLACKLISTED. Again stupid Venom's mistake. He is doing waaay much mistakes. I dont know how he came on his position anyway....Well he is not only one.

Quote:As for the rules... Fearless has way to many rules, and far to few gameplay mechanics.

That gamemode is very big and rules are really necessary there. Gamemode need to be clear and if you take 20 minutes to read evrything...Well its not so hard. There is a lot of rules i can admit but without them there would be big mess.