The Community Sucks
Fearless' City RP :

I've played this server for quite a long time. I'd say 3 months.
I even had the opportunity to play as a so called "donator", which I really regret, regret giving my 10$ to the community owner.
I'm gonna talk about the pros and cons of this server. While you are reading this, keep in mind I'm NOT writing this to offend anyone who is playing this server, or paid 10$ (or more) to the community, and I've quit this community quite a while ago, so some things may have changed.

Alright so, let's talk about the gamemode first, CityRP:

I have to admit, it's a very good and fun GAMEMODE, more serious than any DarkRP's, and very well coded. Bugs are fixed by the developers almost instantly.
Although there are not-so-serious aspects on this gamemode, like the money printers, which print money incredibly fast and make you become rich in a week if you are willing to play a lot. There are also the "drug labs" wich... Believe or not, also give you money. I'd say, these are kind of OP.
Also, you can get a weapon very easily, which reminds me of DarkRP, although weapons are reasonably more expensive in this server, you can get money easily by the mentioned printers, or by buying "money packs, with real life money, I'm pretty sure it gave you 50.000$ of in-game currency for 2,50$, making the gamemode an obvious "pay to win"

But there's also a very abused "weapon", which is used by many players, especially the younger ones, which makes this COMMUNITY so hated, the ban request :

Ban requests are a part of the community forums, in which you can request a ban for someone on one of their servers, because of someone breaking a main rule, basically somoene who bothers another player in the server. There are also those who send ban requests just because they are bored, which I will talk about later.
Why were ban requests introduced in this server? Basically because there are 3 servers, and admins cannot be aware of what's happening in each one of them, although there are enough admins/moderators in the community to do so.
So as I said, ban requests are one of the things that I most hate in this community. Fun doesn't exist in this community with them. I know I said I had fun in the GAMEMODE, but not with the community.
Whenever you attempt to raid someone, even if you have a reason to do so (as the server rules state) base or house owner immediately yells at you over their microphone "Omg why are you raidin muh!?!!?! I'm recordin, ban request!!!", making it almost impossible to raid on how annoying it is, you'll end up having to explain the base/house owner your reasons to raid him.
As I said, there are SOME fair players who actually send a ban request on those who actually annoy a lot of people, like the so called "prop killers", etc. But most of the people, don't know what FUN is, and when you are attempting to have fun, breaking a MINOR rule perhaps, you are immediately yelled over the mic of a player with the [FL:RP] tag that you are being recorded and you are going to be ban requested.

I actually enjoyed playing with some players from this community, had a good laugh with them, and they also have quit the community for the same reasons I stated.

There are also some aspects of the community I'd like to state, like the donators, RP Points and people with the [FL:RP] tag :
Donators; you donate 10$ and you get some unique stuff for yourself, as the page states, you get :
3 months Donator status ($10) includes:
Double salary on all jobs.
75 slots extra inventory space. *
Half the waiting time for spawning.
A heart icon next to your name in OOC.
Half the waiting time for becoming conscious.
Half the waiting time for getting unarrested.
Double the duration of your spawn immunity (president).
Ability to wear suits.
Access to the Strategic Response Unit jobs. *
$100.000 (100k) added to your in-game wallet. *
This isn't so OP (overpowered), but what really is are the money packs and the 100k$ you get for donating.
You also get the Strategic Response Unit job, from my experience, it does nothing else but just stand watching the President's back, sometimes backing up the Police, just as a SWAT would do, and eventually getting yelled over the mic "WTFF!!! Why r u patrollin?!?!! Ban request!!!". Because of that, all you have to do is just stay next to the President.
And well, the suits. Just appearence, like the skins in CS:GO.

Now let's talk about the RP Points. These are supposed to be rewarded to those who Roleplay pretty well by the judging of an admin. Of course, here comes the problem of the admins not being online.
These RP Points, provide you some unique stuff. (5 RP = Bus, 10 RP = Gas mask, 15 RP = Access to Tommy Gun, if I remember well)
I've seen a lot of good roleplayers, experienced in serious gamemodes like HL2RP (but I'm not gonna get into that, cause I may be accused of advertising), not being awarded a single RP Point.
And I've also seen a lot of BAD roleplayers with a HUGE amount of RP Points, and when I asked them, wondering where did they get them from, their answer was something like : "You just... Don't realise when you get them, but your roleplay must be good." - judging by that answer, they are pretty randomly given, and you must be friends with the admin giving them.
And no, I'm not butthurt because I wasn't given a single point, I was, and it requires a HUGE amount of work, that's why I was so surprised to see amounts like 45 RP Points.
And of course, I've seen a lot of people doing excellent RP, and not being rewarded even with an admin online, checking their RP, here is an example:
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/5846...sizedimage
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/5846...sizedimage

Now let's get to the last part, the [FL:RP] tag people :
As the fearlessRP forum states, you need at least 300 hours of gameplay (yes) and the [FL:RP] tag to be promoted to admin/moderator
[FL:RP] tag people are people who hope to be promoted to admin/moderator, and they think that making daily ban requests will give them more opportunities to be promoted.
Nothing else to say.

So, let's sum up. Gamemode is very cool, if you play it with friends, you can have a lot of fun, but the community, is what destroys it.
That's it.

Also I didnt write this. My friend asked me to post this and I agree with this.
The following 2 users Like Dante Snow's post:
  • Hi-grade, snakefall
This is so true, I like how I got banned for a year.
i totally agree with this post to be fair.
As well of probably 90% of this community, i am constantly under the pressure of someone recording whatever i do, even if it ain't no rule breach.
But the worst to my point is that the people who record their game "24/7" are proud of it....
(07-08-2014, 12:54 PM)Hi-grade Wrote: This is so true, I like how I got banned for a year.

You got banned for a year because of the reason ""Massive player insulting. Death-threats in OOC. Massive RDM spree." - [FL:M] Enzyme"

If you break the rules, you will be punished. Simple as that. That goes along with ban requests. Some people post lots of ban requests but if the ban request is invalid is simply isn't going to be accepted.
The following 8 users Like Venom's post:
  • Floodify, tmes2000, Von Tempski, Jordy, James_Gaff, Enzyme, Bowiii, ArcHammer
So many Ban Requests that weren't even true got accepted tho.
I'd like you to show us a BR whose evidence or the logs didnt prove to be true that got accepted.
Kind Regards,
tmes2000
Well dante (edit: or whoever wrote it), I appreciate you not just going "OMG I H8 DIS COMMUN0ITYZZZZ LOL" but actually being contructive

however, I wear the [FL:RP] tag, but that's because I show that im loyal to this community, and its kinda showing that you belong here,

perhaps I explained that in a bad way tbh.... but I enjoy the servers, perhaps maybe slightly less so than I did a few months ago, but that's mainly for personal reasons

anyway you're entitled to your opinion and im glad you express it in a constructive way Smile
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
The following 2 users Like Barkles's post:
  • mgdwszx, Chech
What you said about points, I have no admins on my friends list and hardly talk to them. Im not in a clan so that rules out the possibility of biased admins yet I have an rp point cause I rpd well. You don't rp just to get points. End of.
(07-08-2014, 02:38 PM)Jamster Wrote: What you said about points, I have no admins on my friends list and hardly talk to them. Im not in a clan so that rules out the possibility of biased admins yet I have an rp point cause I rpd well. You don't rp to get points. End of.

Funny, I purposely RP'd for all of my points..Worked out quite well.
The following 2 users Like Jono's post:
  • Rain, Davidson
(07-08-2014, 02:54 PM)Jono Wrote:
(07-08-2014, 02:38 PM)Jamster Wrote: What you said about points, I have no admins on my friends list and hardly talk to them. Im not in a clan so that rules out the possibility of biased admins yet I have an rp point cause I rpd well. You don't rp to get points. End of.

Funny, I purposely RP'd for all of my points..Worked out quite well.
Well theb perhaps you're a try hard? Always doing good when the admins are round?