Un-ban Request
Your name: [FL:RP] Rivahl

Your ban ID: 50656

Banned by: [FL] Temar

Reason: NLR x2

Involved:

Why we should unban you: I was banned for NLR x2. Rebels were taking the President hostage, I met them trying to escape in a black lokus inside of the garage at the end of the ramp. One told me to drop my weapon, I put it away, and then got gunned down by a different rebel.
I spawned back in and went to the garage entrance, I took a few shots and them and ran back behind another black lokus just infront of the Nexus taking cover with another citizen [FL:RP] Hefren. A rebel came out and shot me and I retreated back further and got killed. I didn't go back to the area I had been killed so why did I get banned for this count of NLR?

The second time I ran out and started firing as they left, I briefly sprinted passed the area I had died. Then a citizen killed the rebels before I could get to them.

I would understand why I had been banned for NLR the second time, but the first time in my opinion is questionable.

Temar didn't bring me aside and tell me what I did wrong.
It was an immediate ban, and I just felt it was a bit harsh.
I got banned for 6 days, which is a huge amount, considering that it is my very first ban on the server. I would like my ban to be reduced.
NLR is a lot more than don't goto same spot you died
You don't remember anything
You don't know what going on
You don't get involved because it's the same thing that you died for
So basically die don't use anything you learned from past life
Stay from area for atleast 5 mins
Don't get involved with same situation
(07-08-2014, 04:31 PM)Temar Wrote: NLR is a lot more than don't goto same spot you died
You don't remember anything
You don't know what going on
You don't get involved because it's the same thing that you died for
So basically die don't use anything you learned from past life
Stay from area for atleast 5 mins
Don't get involved with same situation

"You don't get involved because it's the same thing that you died for"
Is this stated in the rules, I can't remember?

Also I have never had to deal with a situation/raid like this before.
All my past experiences of raids, people raid, you die.
You wait 5 minutes to go back up the elevator and try again to eliminate the threat.
Everyone does this, am I right?

It says in the rules from what I recall..
"You can not return to the area you died at for atleast 5 minutes or quickly pass by"
I am almost sure as well that it does not say that you can't get involved in the same situation in the rules, because I see people do it all the time.

I think there needs to be something more written in the rules about this, because I have just gotten banned for a week for something that isn't stated in the rules.
Of course not all the rules/laws can be covered.
But surely there should be some leniency..
fact is you kept going back to same area garage/garage door
also the president was a hostage at the time yet you open fire on them which could result in them killing the president
I am ofc considering reducing the ban once we are done discussing
(07-08-2014, 07:07 PM)Temar Wrote: fact is you kept going back to same area garage/garage door
also the president was a hostage at the time yet you open fire on them which could result in them killing the president
I am ofc considering reducing the ban once we are done discussing

Yes, ok, I did keep going back to the area of the garage/garage entrance, I understand.

I only opened fire on the rebel that hopped out of the car, after a citizen fired at him, I am sure I have heard someone say in OOC chat that once someone fires fearRP ends, or something along those lines.

And I would also like to apologise for it, my bad. Situations like this can get quite hectic and mistakes can be made on both sides.
it can be complicated with Hostages
Please make your self more aware of NLR
Approved, Ban reduced to time served will stay on record