More admins
Sure you can end it there but you saying :

I actually see he's doing his job perfectly fine'. One.
I'm sure he is perfectly fine and has a point. Two.
You are acting like staff and he is just asking a question. Three

Look at that. You siding with the admins three times. Wow. That wasn't hard, was it?

(06-27-2014, 02:57 PM)Joram Wrote: I'm not 'siding' with admins. Don't prejudge shit you don't know anything about. I do not want to do the effort to go in a flame war with you so I'm ending it with this.
Just to throw it out there, this is proof that Soul, and the admin team, are looking for new staff members and the like. This shows that the admin team is still growing and, currently, needs no new additions till further notice.

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=48434

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=47573
I don't like to speak on behalf of the other people of this thread but I am sure that they do recruit. But what is not being looked at is the method of recruitment. The only way I can see is if you are literally putting your finger up their bum saying 'u bst admn ev3r', 'i dink you amaze'. There is no way of showing that you want to be an admin other than befriending all of them.

(06-27-2014, 03:39 PM)Jamster Wrote: Just to throw it out there, this is proof that Soul, and the admin team, are looking for new staff members and the like. This shows that the admin team is still growing and, currently, needs no new additions till further notice.

(06-27-2014, 01:44 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: -snip-

I'm not better than you. No-one said I was or that any staff member was. If you have proof of any staff members requesting special treatment, please forward it. I've been around for a year more, so don't try to act like a "veteran FLer" around me. The fact of the matter is I won't hold anyone's hand and I won't condescend anyone either. I'm sorry that you feel entitled that everyone is nice to you, but here's the news, no-one is. In real life, very few people will be either, so get used to it.

You don't know how we function. You've never been a staff member, you're just complaining. Yes, we have activity issues. No, it's not easy to find replacements.

And, just because people love to read about on-screen conflict in a Gmod community, I'll leave these points:
- When have I asked for anyone to kiss ass
- When have I acted like I was above someone, unless it's an area where I have more experience in the matter
The following 1 user Likes DoomDude1's post:
  • James_Gaff
(06-27-2014, 03:46 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: I don't like to speak on behalf of the other people of this thread but I am sure that they do recruit. But what is not being looked at is the method of recruitment. The only way I can see is if you are literally putting your finger up their bum saying 'u bst admn ev3r', 'i dink you amaze'. There is no way of showing that you want to be an admin other than befriending all of them.

(06-27-2014, 03:39 PM)Jamster Wrote: Just to throw it out there, this is proof that Soul, and the admin team, are looking for new staff members and the like. This shows that the admin team is still growing and, currently, needs no new additions till further notice.

At the end of the day. Its a few commands on a game. You get a fancy tag on the forums as-well if that means something?

You don't need to be admin to enforce the rules.

Thats the truth at the end of the day.
The following 1 user Likes James_Gaff's post:
  • tmes2000
I find it kinda funny that this has been a problem since I was an active player. I had a conversation with SoulRipper over a year ago about the admins who are selected are mostly players that plays on v2d and friends of an admin. It shouldn't be that hard to find serious players who is on v33x or v2p often or to instruct admins to go on there a bit more often. Hell, the ones who are in thoughts of being promoted to SAs could (Fultz and Doom (?) ) could go there more often to scout possible moderators.

If it is "boring", in lack of other words, to play on v33x then bring some friends from v2d to start big RPs with and show the minges how it is done and hand out some RP points seeing as the staff team goes after that when a new staff member is chosen, maybe it narrows the choices down a bit. There is really no excuse to have 20+ in the team and it is still, after 2 years of my time in Fearless, inactivity on the other servers.
The following 1 user Likes Humla's post:
  • James_Gaff
(06-27-2014, 03:48 PM)Humla Wrote: There is really no excuse to have 20+ in the team and it is still, after 2 years of my time in Fearless, inactivity on the other servers.

People who are moderator-material are promoted. People need to understand that they might not be as perfect as they might view themselves. We often discuss players, but we seek people who are mature, who behaves not only when an admin is on the same server, but also when there isn't an admin.

We're no robots. We're no machines. We come on when we can and when we want to.
It's summer, we might not want to spend all of our summer-days on a computer. I can only apologize that we're not the most active team but we try to do our best and people like to ignore this.

- People who are staff-material will be monitored and promoted.
- People who are not staff-material will not be promoted
- People who are promoted have their own lives that they need to live, and they might not want to spend their entire summer online.

Our excuse is that we're sadly only humans.

It's easy to criticize staff-members, how they administrate and their activity but if you were to fill the shoes of an admin and walk in those shoes for 1000+ ingame hours, then you'd realize that the position has its ups and downs, and that people will criticize you; no matter what you do.

I will remind everyone that we spend our time WE can play and enjoy ourselves by making sure that other people can enjoy themselves more. We're investing our free time in other people's joy. You guys come on because you want to play and entertain yourself. We do not have the same luxury as we've taken some extra responsibilities. We sacrifice our own free-time for you guys.

Admins get alot of shit, and rarely any praise for the time we invest in other people to ensure other people can enjoy themselves. I'm not asking for people to thank us and send our flowers, but that people should remember this when they want to criticize us.

"Oh but Enzyme, since it's so horrible being an admin, why don't you resign?"
I'm not saying being an admin is horrible; it got its ups and downs. I've invested over 1000+ hours administrating, and I'll invest many more hours. I just want to remind people what we do, why we do it, and who we do it for.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Enzyme's post:
  • Burnett
Did I ever say that you wanted people to kiss-ass you? No. My point is how you act and want people to kiss-ass you. You go around with an attitude which implies that you're the king of all. Hell, it's working. Seems to me that it works quite well. And you saying that you're not better than me, I know that, seems we both know that. Then stop acting like you are better than everyone else. I have not once seen you been polite to anyone. I have read a dozen ban request denied by you. And yet you have no manners. No 'Thanks for posting, we will be back with you shortly'. No 'Sorry but lack of evidence for the ban request, thanks for trying though'. THere is none of this at-all. You feel and you treat yourself because of your rank that you don't have to use manners. Mind explaining this to me?

(06-27-2014, 03:48 PM)DoomDude1 Wrote:
(06-27-2014, 01:44 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: -snip-

I'm not better than you. No-one said I was or that any staff member was. If you have proof of any staff members requesting special treatment, please forward it. I've been around for a year more, so don't try to act like a "veteran FLer" around me. The fact of the matter is I won't hold anyone's hand and I won't condescend anyone either. I'm sorry that you feel entitled that everyone is nice to you, but here's the news, no-one is. In real life, very few people will be either, so get used to it.

You don't know how we function. You've never been a staff member, you're just complaining. Yes, we have activity issues. No, it's not easy to find replacements.

And, just because people love to read about on-screen conflict in a Gmod community, I'll leave these points:
- When have I asked for anyone to kiss ass
- When have I acted like I was above someone, unless it's an area where I have more experience in the matter

Just would like know. But what does Fearless look for in 'moderator material'?

(06-27-2014, 03:55 PM)Enzyme Wrote:
(06-27-2014, 03:48 PM)Humla Wrote: There is really no excuse to have 20+ in the team and it is still, after 2 years of my time in Fearless, inactivity on the other servers.

People who are moderator-material are promoted. People need to understand that they might not be as perfect as they might view themselves. We often discuss players, but we seek people who are mature, who behaves not only when an admin is on the same server, but also when there isn't an admin.

We're no robots. We're no machines. We come on when we can and when we want to.
It's summer, we might not want to spend all of our summer-days on a computer. I can only apologize that we're not the most active team but we try to do our best and people like to ignore this.

- People who are staff-material will be monitored and promoted.
- People who are not staff-material will not be promoted
- People who are promoted have their own lives that they need to live, and they might not want to spend their entire summer online.

Our excuse is that we're sadly only humans.

It's easy to criticize staff-members, how they administrate and their activity but if you were to fill the shoes of an admin and walk in those shoes for 1000+ ingame hours, then you'd realize that the position has its ups and downs, and that people will criticize you; no matter what you do.

I will remind everyone that we spend our time WE can play and enjoy ourselves by making sure that other people can enjoy themselves more. We're investing our free time in other people's joy. You guys come on because you want to play and entertain yourself. We do not have the same luxury as we've taken some extra responsibilities. We sacrifice our own free-time for you guys.

Admins get alot of shit, and rarely any praise for the time we invest in other people to ensure other people can enjoy themselves. I'm not asking for people to thank us and send our flowers, but that people should remember this when they want to criticize us.

"Oh but Enzyme, since it's so horrible being an admin, why don't you resign?"
I'm not saying being an admin is horrible; it got its ups and downs. I've invested over 1000+ hours administrating, and I'll invest many more hours. I just want to remind people what we do, why we do it, and who we do it for.
(06-27-2014, 04:05 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: Just would like know. But what does Fearless look for in 'moderator material'?

- Someone who's mature.
- Someone with a low ban-record*.
- Someone who's helpfull towards other people and the community.
- Someone who's active and wants to contribute to the community.
- Someone who shows great knowledge of both the rules and how to RP.
- Someone who's polite towards others and show's maturity and helpfulness (both of forum and ingame).

I've seen quite a few people who I've viewed as moderator-material who have been minging around when I've been undercover on the server. I'm not going to mention any names, but I do not tolerate people minging when they think that no admin is there to see/catch them.

*If bans are old, then this shows that the player has changed it ways which is positive.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
(06-27-2014, 03:55 PM)Enzyme Wrote: -snip-

I am fully aware that you are mere mortals and not robots and yes, it is summertime. My point is that it is way easier to find potential v33x and v2p admins on respective servers if the admins actually were on those servers and not on v2d for the most part. It is over 2 years of inactive staff on v33x, Soul knows this too hence why he went on v33x to find players who played on v33x alot a year ago or so. Why not do this again? Admins can even go undercover to see who behaves when no staff is on.

It is not about that you are inactive, it is about that you are inactive on two servers of three. Players who actually wants to roleplay on other maps than v2d has a really hard time of doing so. If I were to put on the "admin shoes" I would sure as hell administrate where it is most needed, pretty logical isn't it?