Lag/Framerate drop when firing weapons
Ever since I've rejoined Fearless I've been plagued with this issue. When shooting a weapon my FPS goes from 90-120 to 4-20. This drop also occurs when others shoot.

This issue has made it impossible to use a weapon which is sometimes needed. Looking at what may be causing it I have a suspicion that the smoke, muzzle flash, and shell casings may be causing this sudden decrease in FPS. When using the CSS weapons in single player there is no smoke and muzzle flash and, as a result, no lag. My FPS in single player stays around 200 and doesn't drop when shooting.

I've tried multiple things that include:

Fresh install of Garry's Mod.
Checked integrity of file cache.
Installed multiple "fixes" (one of which broke the fading door tool)
Deleted defferent smoke and muzzle flash files.
Changed in-game settings numerous times.

Video:

If any one you have a fix to this issue I BEG OF YOU TO SHARE IT!

Thanks,
George
The following 2 users Like GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • Ciryl, Floodify
Well I could give you the help I use to get whenever I had this problem. I will even quote what the help was because I will never forget how helpful it was.

"Dont play on a toaster Fultzy"

If that doesnt help then I got nothing.
The following 3 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Wood, Ciryl, Floodify
Try to turn of HDR

To turn it off goto: Options > Advanced > High Dynamic Range and turn it off.

[Image: 7wpprfqd.png]

Please tell me, if it works.
(06-04-2014, 10:53 AM)OmaWolle Wrote: Try to turn of HDR

To turn it off goto: Options > Advanced > High Dynamic Range and turn it off.

[Image: 7wpprfqd.png]

Please tell me, if it works.

Sadly, this hasn't resolved the issue.
You want the good news or the bad news? Well the good news is I have(Notice it's not past tense Tounge) this issue. I did some testing. It didn't take long to find out what was creating all the lag. And what I found out was it's the ricocheting from the bullets rebounding off certain surfaces on gmod. Now, the bad news is from that I was unable to find anything that didn't visually stop the ricochet from happening so if you're able to solve the end of the puzzle please help me and send it my way because my computer goes from 120 FPS to 0 FPS in PVP. And it's not too helpful.

-Ghost
(06-07-2014, 08:16 AM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: -Snip-

I believe George's problem is not because of ricocheting bullets, I believe it's from his laggy smoke from his gun- when he shoots his gun it looks like a steam train going off compared to mine where i have nearly no smoke coming out, I team-viewed with him and tried to solve the problem from deleting files but nothing.. I couldn't find his Lua/effects folder which where the smoke textures would of most likely been located, there has been many cases of the smoke causing lag.

I had the same problem (http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=35313) so i tweaked some files ect and the next minute it was fixed, so this is why I believe this.

(Also Muzzle flash seems to be an added problem)