Unban Request
Brick 
Your name: [FL:RP] Kurdish Falcon

Your ban ID: 49172

Banned by: [FL] Kpred

Reason: Randomly raiding, RDM

Involved: -

Why we should unban you: I'd like to explain each step of my actions and why I did them, and perhaps appeal to staff in shortening or removing my ban request.

Randomly Raiding:
I went to the slums and saw a house with boarded up windows. I requested a search warrant for this reason, and I was waiting for the search warrant to either be approved or denied. I never actually raided the building.

I was waiting for the president to give me a verdict on whether the warrant was going to be approved, as he had not broadcast the laws for a very long time. If it were declined, I would have gone about my business patrolling once more.

I had to go with my instinct and seeing as no laws were posted, I couldn't be sure whether it was a valid raid reason or not. I never actually raided, like I said before, but I requested a warrant to see whether or not it was a raid reason under the current president's laws, which existed but had not been posted for a long time, therefore his laws applied regarding raiding.

RDM:
I saw a black market dealer shooting into the Nexus lobby beforehand, and I saw him again in the slums. As I followed him, he walked into the alleyway and I shot him, expecting him to have a gun on him. I play in first person, so it's hard to tell what people are doing around corners, so I had to trust my instinct in that he was going to kill me.

There is the possibility that the black market dealer wasn't in fact the black market dealer that I was set out to get, but I was almost certain as I could remember part of his username OOC. This could be translated into IC facial recognition.

I hope the staff, especially Kpred, can look this over and understand my reasoning. I did explain this whilst I was talking to him afterwards, but I may not have explained it well enough.

I can be very hasty sometimes, and it's a trait in my personality. I can't really help it, and I that may have had impact on my actions which led to this ban. I'm here to roleplay, and not to break rules. If I ever do so, it's purely by accident and I can understand why Kpred would want issue this ban.

Thank you,
Shaho
Now, first of all regarding the random raid, you claim that you hadn't seen the laws for a 'very long time' yet the President at the time 'Rustie' posted them 8 minutes prior to you requesting the warrant. None of which stated 'blocked windows are illegal'.

Code:
v2d    [12:59:44]    Rustie    (STEAM_0:0:34168461)     said: /broadcast LAWS: No Guns, No Drugs, No one Banned, Cars are Banned, SpeedLimit 25MPH inside 50MPH outside
v2d    [13:07:38]    [FL:RP] Kurdish Falcon    (STEAM_0:1:42090950)     said: /warrant gasman search blocked windows

Secondly, regarding the RDM, catcast the BMD was standing in the corner of slums, completely unarmed behind Zakariyya when you come charging round the corner with a USP and with out even checking shoot him twice. Although you claim you were chasing a BMD, you should of still checked whether or not he was armed, as from what I had seen he was standing AFK in the corner.
[Image: image.png]

Ted - International Lover: My gear changes sound like Donald Duck
did the president approve this warrant?
(05-28-2014, 01:52 PM)Temar Wrote: did the president approve this warrant?

No, the president was generally very slow with warrants. You can check the logs; I had to send warrants multiple times for previous arrests, and even PM him the warrant format several times. I was waiting for either a warrant or a radio message declining it.

(05-28-2014, 12:42 PM)KPred Wrote: Now, first of all regarding the random raid, you claim that you hadn't seen the laws for a 'very long time' yet the President at the time 'Rustie' posted them 8 minutes prior to you requesting the warrant. None of which stated 'blocked windows are illegal'.

Code:
v2d    [12:59:44]    Rustie    (STEAM_0:0:34168461)     said: /broadcast LAWS: No Guns, No Drugs, No one Banned, Cars are Banned, SpeedLimit 25MPH inside 50MPH outside
v2d    [13:07:38]    [FL:RP] Kurdish Falcon    (STEAM_0:1:42090950)     said: /warrant gasman search blocked windows

Secondly, regarding the RDM, catcast the BMD was standing in the corner of slums, completely unarmed behind Zakariyya when you come charging round the corner with a USP and with out even checking shoot him twice. Although you claim you were chasing a BMD, you should of still checked whether or not he was armed, as from what I had seen he was standing AFK in the corner.

I think 8 minutes on FL:RP is eventful enough, and it's rather slow for broadcasts. Could you tell me when his next broadcast was? I did attempt scrolling up for broadcasts, but I didn't find anything/nothing caught my eye.

He wasn't AFK to my knowledge. I had an automatic shotgun, and I charged in there expecting it to be the chief culprit. I shot once, checked his name with cursor as I did so, believed it was the culprit and shot again.

Like I described, it was all instantaneous. Perhaps I was too hasty, but it does not deserve to be called RDM as I had good reason to believe it was him. He was standing in that corner for about 5 seconds from when I decided to head in and shoot him. How was I to know that he was completely unarmed, anyhow? He's in a dark corner, hiding. All I know, in-character, that he is hiding for a purpose.

I don't mean to question any staff member's judgement, and I understand all your justification, but please understand that I had decent reason to do what I did, and it wasn't at all random. I'd be much happier taking a very long blacklist over a ban which I believe to be unjust in certain respects.

With all due respect, of course. The staff don't ban for no reason, and I'm just arguing my innocence.

Thanks,
Shaho

EDIT: Please don't look at this thread as if I am making false claims, as your tone is inducing, Kpred. I'm being 100% honest with you guys. If I had been guilty, I'd shut up and 'do the time for the crime'. In a way, the ban is beneficial as it would give me more time with my studies. Again, I'm arguing my innocence, so please don't take anything I say personally or as an attack on you.
After looking over the logs the President did indeed approve the warrant however you are still guilty of the RDM, lowered the ban to 4 days from 7.

Approved.
[Image: image.png]

Ted - International Lover: My gear changes sound like Donald Duck