Unban Request
Your name: .iG Aukoc

Your ban ID: 48545

Banned by: [FL] Enzyme

Reason: AFK Console Exploit

Involved: -

Why we should unban you: I did indeed use the "+forward" and "+right" console commands while I was away from my keyboard this afternoon. I have always (in all of my 268 hours on Fearless) done this while I am away from my computer on these servers and others. However, I have done this a countless amount of times and still been automatically kicked for the exact same duration as if I had not used those console commands (and if you don't take my word for it, I encourage you to try it yourself). I've more or less been doing that as an indicator that I'm AFK, and for the fact that I look silly in doing so. Typically I'll even drop a note at my feet or on surfaces near me stating that I am away, but today, however, I did not because I was in a bit of a rush. I apologize for my actions and my own unknowing that this is considered to be an exploit.
Hello. I was the one who reported this to the admin on v2d.

Firstly you were running in circles WELL after the afk kick timer so your story is kind of BS. I was watching you for a while under the suspicion that you were exploiting a glitch and my suspicions were confirmed when I saw that you had been running in a perfect circle formation.
(05-11-2014, 03:42 AM)zedzdead Wrote: Hello. I was the one who reported this to the admin on v2d.

Firstly you were running in circles WELL after the afk kick timer so your story is kind of BS. I was watching you for a while under the suspicion that you were exploiting a glitch and my suspicions were confirmed when I saw that you had been running in a perfect circle formation.

I know I'm not involved, but it does kick you in the same amount of time. I've been with him when he was doing it once and it kicked him for being AFK.
(05-11-2014, 03:42 AM)zedzdead Wrote: Firstly you were running in circles WELL after the afk kick timer so your story is kind of BS. I was watching you for a while under the suspicion that you were exploiting a glitch and my suspicions were confirmed when I saw that you had been running in a perfect circle formation.

Well after the automatic kick timer, eh? I started using the commands around the same time I sent a PM to Seasoned_Curlies. All that needs to be done to counter your argument would be to check the amount of time between that PM and when I was banned from the server. I had put out a message saying "brb" into the Global OOC Chat prior to this, but I had come back for a minute to continue building, and then got back up again after I sent that PM. I do respect your determination, sir, but your point stands to be invalid.

(05-11-2014, 05:10 AM)Yhig Wrote: I know I'm not involved, but it does kick you in the same amount of time. I've been with him when he was doing it once and it kicked him for being AFK.

Yhig here is constantly with me in-game, and he's seen me do it plenty of times and he still texts me (we know each other in real life, of course) when I'm kicked for being AFK. We spend our weekends Skyping and playing City RP together, so if anyone would know that this "exploit" does in fact not work, it'd be him.
(05-11-2014, 02:14 PM)Aukoc Wrote:
(05-11-2014, 03:42 AM)zedzdead Wrote: Firstly you were running in circles WELL after the afk kick timer so your story is kind of BS. I was watching you for a while under the suspicion that you were exploiting a glitch and my suspicions were confirmed when I saw that you had been running in a perfect circle formation.

Well after the automatic kick timer, eh? I started using the commands around the same time I sent a PM to Seasoned_Curlies. All that needs to be done to counter your argument would be to check the amount of time between that PM and when I was banned from the server. I had put out a message saying "brb" into the Global OOC Chat prior to this, but I had come back for a minute to continue building, and then got back up again after I sent that PM. I do respect your determination, sir, but your point stands to be invalid.

(05-11-2014, 05:10 AM)Yhig Wrote: I know I'm not involved, but it does kick you in the same amount of time. I've been with him when he was doing it once and it kicked him for being AFK.

Yhig here is constantly with me in-game, and he's seen me do it plenty of times and he still texts me (we know each other in real life, of course) when I'm kicked for being AFK. We spend our weekends Skyping and playing City RP together, so if anyone would know that this "exploit" does in fact not work, it'd be him.

You admitted to using commands to not get kicked. That's really all that needs to be said... that is an exploit.
If you went AFK; why didn't you just go in a corner with your job as AFK?
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
(05-11-2014, 04:27 PM)Enzyme Wrote: If you went AFK; why didn't you just go in a corner with your job as AFK?

I've never thought to change my job to AFK before. Normally I'll just place a note stating that I'm away instead. In this case, I had just finished building the framework for the interior of a store I had in mind. I had locked the doors and the windows were covered up by a large wooden wall, and in my haste I decided not to drop a note considering no one would be able to access the room I was in anyway (by legal means, of course). Next time I'm away while in-game, I'll totally make sure to add an AFK tag either to my name or job title.
I'll go ahead and lift your ban. Still 5 days left on it, but I hope you've learned your lesson. Please don't do this again.

Closing notes: Ban lifted, but will remain on record.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator