[FL:RP] Rangerboys - Unban Request
Your name: [FL:RP] Rangerboys

Your ban ID: 48276

Banned by: [FL] Floodify

Reason: Blatantly breaking (the rules) NLR.

Involved: No one.

Why we should unban you: Hello. I have recently been banned from the servers (2 hours ago) due to NLR, however, I was not on the servers at this time. I would like to see evidence of me breaking NLR so that I could clear this ban up please.
There was a raid going on the 14th of April in the nexus. You were an SRU and when you had died by one of the raiders you contacted one of your colleges, Sexy Banana, saying that there is a raid going on whilst knowing that you broke NLR (as you stated in the /pm).
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Alright, this has come as a shock to me, considering this was a month ago. I would still like to see your convicting evidence against me please.
Code:
[09:46:30]    Disorder    (STEAM_0:0:15331114)     Killed: [FL:RP] Rangerboys (STEAM_0:0:49875694) using weapon_mad_ak47
[09:46:51]    [FL:RP] Rangerboys    (STEAM_0:0:49875694)     has spawned as SRU Sergeant
[09:47:23]    [FL:RP] Rangerboys    (STEAM_0:0:49875694)     said: /pm sexy Its nlr but there is a raid
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Well okay. This was been OOC, which would make sense. I'm pretty sure that sexy had also died before me, so it would of had no relevance. I'd also like to know why you're bringing this up after it has nearly been a month since the event.
(05-03-2014, 06:12 PM)rangerboys Wrote: Well okay. This was been OOC, which would make sense. I'm pretty sure that sexy had also died before me, so it would of had no relevance. I'd also like to know why you're bringing this up after it has nearly been a month since the event.

You informed a college, Sexy Banana, through /pm that there was a raid going on. As you didn't put out .ooc or (ooc) infront of the message, it was to be interpreted as IC and such information can be used to respond to a raid or whatever. The user you contacted had not been killed in that raid and since you informed her/him about it through an IG feature for IC purposes, you broke NLR.

As of this being nearly a month ago; I was searching through logs for an ban request when I stumbled across this. I looked deeper in to it and then decided to issue a ban for your offence.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
It's been stated many times before that PM can be used as OOC and IC. Just thinking about it, in real life would you say to somebody 'oops, but that's NLR'?That futher proves my point that it's IC. Can you please provide me of a quote that shows that you HAVE to put OOC before a message in PM for it to actually be OOC?
It separates it from being IC and OOC.

Why would you even inform a colleague that there is a raid going on? You informed your colleague that a raid was going on through a feature that is used for IC reasons, such as RPing - and thus could be interpreted as IC information, even if you put "this is nlr". Could you explain to me, why did you send to your friend that there is a raid going on but then put "nlr" in front of the message. Isn't it obvious that that player who received the message would understand this as information to act?
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Denied.
Kind Regards,
Floodify