Family sharing feature
(04-27-2014, 01:28 PM)DaCrowh Wrote:
(04-27-2014, 12:18 PM)Yhig Wrote: Is it for any family shared game? I don't get it.
Fearless does only exist on Garry's Mod so aslong as you share your games with a "family" member via the steam feature called "family-sharing" and it is not Garry's Mod then this is irrelevant for you

but if you decide to share Garry's Mod with your "family" and they play on Fearless then be advised that any ban might cause some troubles. You are better of not sharing your account anyway^^ Just gift your family members the game, causes less trouble

Oh okay, thanks for the info. I was kinda confused ,but you have helped me.
Thanks.
STEAM_0:1:63184599 (check ban page)
is an example of why its needed, he has tried 5 times so far in last few days

Dave Hester. STEAM_0:0:55944238 is a big minge and got a big ban, he came back on with dif account and got banned by the system
even used same name
(04-27-2014, 01:58 PM)Temar Wrote: STEAM_0:1:63184599 (check ban page)
is an example of why its needed, he has tried 5 times so far in last few days

That guy. Honestly, some people these days - he decides to post on my profile to get unbanned and yet I'm not even an administrator...
Regards,
aviator
(04-26-2014, 07:52 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]
This has so much room for exploitation that it's not even funny. You shouldn't ban people for having family-sharing, but only ban users who have the possibility of a matching IP or question players about their family sharing when they come along.

Posts a gif of Leo DiCaprio laughing then says: "it's not even funny"

LOGIC

I swear all you do is complain no matter what the developers try to do to improve the gamemode. If you don't like the way FL is being modified, then go make your own RP community. Last time you were in the same group on TS you did say you had a copy of CityRP "on your desk".
(04-27-2014, 07:52 PM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote:
(04-26-2014, 07:52 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]
This has so much room for exploitation that it's not even funny. You shouldn't ban people for having family-sharing, but only ban users who have the possibility of a matching IP or question players about their family sharing when they come along.

Posts a gif of Leo DiCaprio laughing then says: "it's not even funny"

LOGIC

I swear all you do is complain no matter what the developers try to do to improve the gamemode. If you don't like the way FL is being modified, then go make your own RP community. Last time you were in the same group on TS you did say you had a copy of CityRP "on your desk".
Get the stick out of your keister. It's called criticism, and it's something that a lot of people should be willing to openly do in order to help the developers see problems in systems or see to it that certain bugs are dealt with to ensure the safety of the server and the happiness of it's users.
I have never agree'd with banning users without reason, and this is something that fall into the department of banning users without reason. If a player gifts his friends a copy of Garry's Mod so that they can all play together, and one screws up and gets banned, all of them get banned.
In all practicality, this is like saying that a group of players who hang out together should all be banned because one player screwed up. It doesn't work in theory, nor does it work in practice. I provided a suggestion on how this type of system could be applied in a different respect. Instead of banning players off-the-bat, you question them and figure out their relations to the rest of the Family Share. You can also document the entire "family" and figure out who is apart of it. This will allow you to take a much more justified course of action in relation to every user who is apart of the group.

The current method being used is like banning a group of minges, but not researching their connections.
The method I am suggesting is to ban the minge that screws up, and research their connections, finding out if theirs a wider conspiracy that could be dealt with.
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]
The following 4 users Like Joey Skylynx's post:
  • Freezak, BlackDog, Toxic, Moisty
Personally with the current system we have as of right now a simple fix for people being banned who are not double accounting is to let us know that they are a different person before a ban is even possible. I mean if one person plays on here already all they have to do is send a message to an administrator or place it in the staff help and inform us that there is a second player on their IP and in this case on their family share. I mean this is what I did for my brothers and none of us got permed for double accounting.

If one is banned before and we go to question the links to that ban the user of the numerous accounts could make up alibis for the said accounts he has connections to stay out of trouble with it. If they have to do so before the ban even happens we have tracks to any situation like you brought up happening.

And in both cases selected it leads to Fearless not having to worry about people making thousands of accounts using family share to double account on here and dodge bans.
(04-29-2014, 04:28 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: -Snip-

How about they get flagged up and then after that a staff member must investigate rather than instantly banned? I do see where you're coming from now, but one could do what Fultzy says.
Regards,
aviator
The following 1 user Likes aviator's post:
  • HellShell
Oh I know exactly what you guys are looking to do, but what I'm suggesting is that you allow these players to stay in the server, and track their activities. The problem with the current family sharing mode is that it doesn't deal with the root of the problem which is players contacting friends and otherwise to get money, guns, and otherwise to continue on with their mingey activities. If you make case files against them, and known affiliates, you can hammer down much larger problems and stop double accounters from getting access to firearms and money when they go onto another double account.
Image example:
[Image: LW2lFeu.png]
You gotta remember, it takes a mingebag to know a mingebag Angel
The following 6 users Like Joey Skylynx's post:
  • Freezak, Bowiii, BlackDog, Weecow, RockHunter, Moisty
(04-29-2014, 06:35 AM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: Oh I know exactly what you guys are looking to do, but what I'm suggesting is that you allow these players to stay in the server, and track their activities. The problem with the current family sharing mode is that it doesn't deal with the root of the problem which is players contacting friends and otherwise to get money, guns, and otherwise to continue on with their mingey activities. If you make case files against them, and known affiliates, you can hammer down much larger problems and stop double accounters from getting access to firearms and money when they go onto another double account.
Image example:
[Image: LW2lFeu.png]
You gotta remember, it takes a mingebag to know a mingebag Angel

They take it way too serious...
What you mean?