Unban Request: RANDOMlagFTW
Your name: RANDOMlagFTW

Your ban ID: 34683

Banned by: Jokhah

Reason: Terms of Service

Involved: -

Why we should unban you: Hello, I've been banned about a ~year ( At least over 8 months ago. Probably 9-10 ) for the reason Terms of Service, Killjoy noted 7 months ago that it was for my affiliations with "Disturbed Gaming". I never had in mind of copying you when I was developing for them, and it was only a server which was mine and after about a month I left them and took my server with me, which ended up disturbed gaming to close. I'm very sorry for doing this but in all seriousness I personally think this ban is not really necessary. So I'm sitting here waiting for an reply, hopefully this will get solved and ending up getting me unbanned.

Thank you. -Random
Copying Fearless makes this ban necessary. That is why we have a Terms and Service.

However we will look into the details and have an answer as quickly as possible.
Copying is not what I actually did by making an server.. Why haven't you guys banned the rest of the server owners of the whole Garry's Mod community then? I just don't see the point.
Reason why I said I am going to review the details.

I would also like to point out that you were not the only one that was permanently banned for being associated with this copycat.
Few questions for you. Why didn't appeal earlier? Why did your community directly copy things that belonged to FL as intellectual property? When you came to FL and began playing on the servers, you at that moment have agreed to the terms of service weather you chose to read it or not. That being said, you were found in direct violation of FL ToS and so a permanent ban was issued. As for the other owners of other GMod communities, the ones that have directly breached copyrights for FL have been permed, but most of those other communities take the time to create their own things their own way. Your community on the other hand didn't choose to do that.

Just like you said about not seeing the point, that is exactly how I feel about lifting your ban. Give me a reason to change my mind.
As an developer for that community I didn't have much power to decide what the owner did on the forums and stuff. I didn't copy anything on the server.. And the reason I didn't do an unban appeal was because I really didn't have time/intrest to roleplay. I was coding and playing other games. And like I pointed out, I left the community 1 month after it started.
I've given this some thought. As a developer, you cannot decide what they choose to do, however you did choose to be a part of that knowing what the results were. It was less then a month before the ToS violations were noted and perms were issued. That being said, weather or not you can decide what they were doing, it was pretty clear from the moment that page was created what they were doing. Had you appealed this sooner I would be inclined to side with you on it, but you didn't so I'm leaning towards no. I'll let the administration take it from here.

For administration: I find that the user knowingly took part in a community that breached ToS. His part in the community was a developer, someone who is responsible for setting up and maintaining/improving a server or gamemode. That would be more directly involved with the direction of said community, as opposed to a lesser position like moderator or even regular admin. User also has 9 bans prior to this one and judging by the id on the first ban has been with this community more then long enough to understand that what he did was obviously not a good idea. This is the reasoning behind my motion to deny the appeal.
My first ban ever was when I had played on the server for like 8 hours. And the server was just restarted and I had NEVER shot the gun in an actual gunfight, so me being a noob I just shot in the air. And since you brought the banid thing up, Id like to point out that I didn't have bans for a long time since this one. Also adding to the first thing you posted, I left the community about a month/half month after I was banned, I was upset for the ban but back then I didn't think that I would come back to fearless, but as you see I was wrong..
Unban request denied.

You may have not had a say in what was going on in the community, but you did stay apart of it after the warnings were given for it being a copy of Fearless. And since you stayed after that you knew what you were doing and getting into.