How to detective
Star 
So I have recently seen many people changing their job name to Detective and then saying "I'm a detective lets go lockpick cars and pretend im a cop!"

Well no. Thats not what a detective does.

The literal definition of a detective is:

detective
dɪˈtɛktɪv/Submit
noun
noun: detective; plural noun: detectives
a person, especially a police officer, whose occupation is to investigate and solve crimes.
"detectives are anxious to interview anyone who saw the car"
synonyms: investigator, private detective, private investigator, operative; More
denoting a rank of police officer with investigative duties.

modifier noun: detective
"a detective inspector"
concerning crime and its investigation.
"detective work"

This means that you do not run around and act like you are a cop and lock pick cars.

Then what does this mean?
Well. What this means is that you wait until you are called by a police officer or government member and respond to a crime and see if you can work out what's going on and why Mr.X is dead with 3 guns lying around him and a large amount of blood on the front of his car. It also means you should not partake in raids but more so arrive afterwards to search the scene for DNA and other things to help crack the case.

What should I do when I'm not responding?
When you're not at a crime scene and looking for evidence or clues as to what has happened and why Mr.X's car has exploded and his body is lying, heaped on the floor you should set up a base of operations. This should either be in the Nexus with the president somewhere or maybe just in a house. You're area should be cluttered with lots of things. Maybe some paper, a mug of coffee. be creative.

How should I act when I'm at a crime scene?
The first thing you should do is RP it. Turn up and show them your badge. Prove that you're a real detective. Not some randomer off the streets. next, look for any and all evidence you can; remember, you only have a small amount of time before all the DNA is gone. Finally, when you have checked everything out, give your final verdict on what happened and why Mr.X's guts are all over the wall.

So to sum up. As a detective you aren't a cop nor a car thief. Your aim is to SOLVE crimes. Not create more by stealing cars and joining raids.
The following 1 user Likes James_Gaff's post:
  • Sjloefrens