Fearless Stock Exchange Project
A few months ago I was wanting to create a stock exchange to use here on Fearless. I've seen the suggestion brought up only once on the forums around 2 years back and I started scouring the web for anything that could bring this idea to light. I found a script that works pretty beautifully, only downfall is that the creator is overhauling it at the moment so I'm waiting before I dive in on it.

[Image: 7XPMx.png]

Currently it runs through Yahoo Finance for actual stocks and prices but this can be disabled and run through a database instead, allowing custom stocks to be created. If Fearless staff jumped on board however this could be configured to read in your in-game account wallet and use it directly (I'm about 90% sure it's possible).

No promises that I'll be able to get this working on my own however, but it could definitely be a possibility.
The following 2 users Like Noble's post:
  • GRiiM, Blurr
it would be pretty awsome if this could work and bring an actual true point in having a corporate based group, though without a true economy and not inflated currency, its kind of pointless sad to say
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
To be honest, I don't think we're ready for something like this.
I love the idea however.
Sort the economy first.
I really like the idea but the only question is...

Will everybody understand it?
I mean when I first seen a stock market, I didn't understand a word of it!
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
It wouldn't have to be run through Fearless to work, although that would limit ease of use. By using a local database you could adjust for the inflation that currently exists on the server as well.

And Envy, you'd need to have some background knowledge of what stocks are and how they work. Users could search online to learn how it works or I may be able to provide simple instructions with it.
Under the covers I can say, we've had this on the drawing board for some time now.
The following 1 user Likes Killjoy's post:
  • Joykill
Great minds think alike it seems! but it's nice to see that there are other groups which have had this idea knocking around.
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
My fathers brother is a VP at a finance company i think named barclays i could ask him to makd a guide creating
+support * infinty
Kind Regards,
tmes2000
But so the value of your stocks would also go up and down according to how the business is doing etc. That information is, like you said, retrieved from Yahoo.
Now, I think thats the hard part.. Getting the value of stocks to go up and down according to the buy/sell behaviour of players like ammo/guns and food.

Like I said I think thats the hard part of the whole stock suggestion, but obviously it would be freaking nice when succeeded.