Unban Request: Jonesy
Your name: [FL:RP] Jonesy

Your ban ID: 46687

Banned by: [FL:M] Eisenhorn

Reason: failrp killing another sru to test out a bug, shot him 17 times killing him, after he tried to propkill him

Involved: Myself, Darkerx

Why we should unban you: I went out of my way to test out a bug which was reported to me (for god-knows what reason) regarding the Riot Shield. I was SRU at the time and so was Darkerx. I asked Darkerx for his permission to test out the Riot-Shield as we were to find an area where it would shoot through. I shot around the riot shield to see if there were any more of which there were a couple, not realising when it actually hit him I resulted in killing him. I simply apologised, and also thanked him for helping, and we moved on. I was waiting for Temar to come online on steam so I could report this to him.

Now, Regarding the propkilling situation I have absolutely no idea where that came from. I do not recall Darkerx abusing any props within my time on the server. I had been playing for 13 hours straight too. However, even if he were to proppush me I would've gathered evidence and posted a ban request, I would not have took matters into my own hands to get my own hands dirty. I have learned within my past 1000 hours on the server not to do so.

Edit: After checking the prop which Eisenhorn had seen in the logs, it was part of Darkerx's Hookah. It was models/props_c17/trappropeller_lever.mdl
(The netzepram prop) linked to models/props_c17/pottery08a.mdl with elastic. This was unstable as Darkerx had the elasticity at a very high number, causing the trappropeller to somewhat bug out. Darker removed the dupe and we continued doing our jobs. This was before I tested the Riot Shield bug.
Ok firstly addressing the Prop push issue, as taken from the v2d logs v2d[09:50:01]Darkerx(STEAM_0:1:59990012) Tried to Prop kill: [FL:RP] Jonesy (STEAM_0:0:10871907) using models/props_c17/trappropeller_lever.mdl
v2d[09:58:30][FL:RP] Jonesy(STEAM_0:0:10871907) Killed: Darkerx (STEAM_0:1:59990012) using weapon_mad_m4.

Whilst there is an 8 minutes time difference between the attempt and the actual kill, I felt it was relevant to include as it may pertain to evidential material.

Addressing the issue of what Jonesy stated to me. Upon asking him his motives for teamkilling another SRU, Jonesy did state to me that he was testing the riot shield. Apparently for a specific spot. Whilst I accept this may be the case, it struck as me as a little odd that such a test would result in a death. Upon checking damage logs, I noticed Jonesy managed to hit this 'specific spot' that he referred to exactly 17 times, killing darkerxx. Which would be virtually impossible to achieve in first person, thus he must of been in third person for the recoil reduction. Which would indicate a deliberate attempt to kill darkerxx and not as he stated a test, which upon asking him was not approved by any staff.

[Image: e1d3a4ad12654a8efb4303a11b9aaca7.png]

The fact this happened in exactly the same time frame would further support that he was in third person and intended to kill darkerx.

Further of note is Jonesy's conduct when contacting me after issuing the ban.

Spoiler: Log dump of steam
[FL:M] Eisenhorn: but you've made your position clear it's fine
[FL:RP] Jonesy: http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=44507
[FL:M] Eisenhorn: i'll look at in a minute got a gundealer trying to propkill a fireman
[FL:RP] Jonesy: Ok.
[FL:M] Eisenhorn: unban i'm guessing yeah?
[FL:RP] Jonesy: Correct.
[FL:M] Eisenhorn: no worries
[FL:M] Eisenhorn: i'll post my reason on it as soon as i'm able
[FL:RP] Jonesy: Please keep your lies out of this one too.
[FL:M] Eisenhorn: beg your pardon
[FL:RP] Jonesy: I only want and expect the truth to be in reply to my post.
[FL:M] Eisenhorn: so you accuse me of lying? i'm not getting your logic here
[FL:RP] Jonesy: I have lost my trust with you recently.
[FL:RP] Jonesy: That's all I am saying.
[FL:M] Eisenhorn: so you call me a liar and ask me to look at your case? great logic jonesy
[FL:M] Eisenhorn: lay off the weed mate
[FL:RP] Jonesy: I quit smoking weed a long time ago. I'm clean from drugs. My personal life is irrelivent to this.
[FL:M] Eisenhorn: you're quite right, what is relevant is what the logs show
[FL:RP] Jonesy: Is the riot shield considered a world prop or is it not?
[FL:M] Eisenhorn: good point
[FL:RP] Jonesy: Note: you can pick up the riot shield
[FL:M] Eisenhorn: but that's not the prop it showed him trying to kill you with
[FL:RP] Jonesy: What prop did it say?
[FL:M] Eisenhorn: trap propellor
[FL:RP] Jonesy: What is that?
[FL:M] Eisenhorn: a propellor normally used in HL2 traps afaik
[FL:RP] Jonesy: Checking it now, see if it reminds me of anything

Further logs can be provided, to provide evidential support of the fact jonesy referred to looking for a specific spot on the riot shield, which he seemed to locate with unerring accuracy such that darkerx was killed, surely if he was testing it, as he alleges 17 shots would not of been necessary? I argue by the sheer volume of shots fired, in the timeframe of which they were fired, that Jonesy was not testing the shield, but rather manipulating the circumstances to attempt to justify a deliberate teamkill, for a person he stated on the server that he does not like. Logs will verify the entire conversation.
I disagree strongly with this ban.

I know Jonesy, and I know he is a good roleplayer. He would never do such a thing randomly.

He's told me that he was testing out a bug (on the riot shield, which is infact bugged), with the approval of Darkerx.

Therefore I've decided to approve this unban request.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.