Unban Greg
Your name: PriorThrone

Your ban ID: 45147

Banned by: [FL:M] ZedsDead

Reason: Failure to stop giving attitude towards mod after warning

Involved: Several people, including Pestilence and XScorp

Why we should unban you:

The ban was completely unfair. We were attempting to rationalize why we'd decided to kidnap a user after he'd been annoying and following us because we reported his earlier RDM attempt to an admin. I wasn't displaying any attitude, and if I was it was due to the fact of me being annoyed that someone had just attempted to RDM.

I simply tried to explain to the admin why I knifed the user's car (as an incentive to get him to leave us alone), but the admin's tone was somewhat rude and I feel as though he wasn't seeing it from both perspectives and perhaps he was holding a bit of bias in favour of the other player. I spoke to him as I would any other person.
Right. I had already delt with Pestilence and the accused player, [Fruity's] Pineapple Man, in a situation where Pestilence said that he had rammed the car and crashed into them on purpose. Pineapple stated that Pestilence had broken NLR and tried to punch him after they had both died, Therefor breaking NLR. No side had any proof what so ever of this, therefor i could not do anything about the case, and after spending about 20 m inutes explaining this to them, i decided to tell them both to go eachothers way. 5 minutes later, i get another @ request from Pineapple stating you were randomly hostaging him. I Tped, and saw you all standing next to the destroyed car after the crash, to which after what you told me, you had decided to hostage him when he came back to repair his car. Now. Even though you are Mafia, does not mean you can hostage anyone at anywhere, just because you want money, as you stated the reason was. You need a good reason to hostage someone, as the rules cleary states. I kept explaining this, and i kept referring you to rules explaining WHY it is so. But you kept going on. I suppose you got annoyed as you stated, because after a while you started giving both me and Pineapple attitude while i was handling the case. I grabbed you and gave you a verbal warning, because i had simply had enough of your attitude towards both me and Pineapple, to which you completely ignored and followed up with a new comment about how i was handling the case, and how I was bias towards Pineapple, to which i've had enough and I banned you. Right after that, i suppose your friend didn't like that very much and decided to RDM Pineapple, to which he go banned for as well.

So my question to you. Why do you feel you should be unbanned after completely ignoring my warning about giving me attitude?
(02-26-2014, 02:44 PM)ZedsDead Wrote: Right. I had already delt with Pestilence and the accused player, [Fruity's] Pineapple Man, in a situation where Pestilence said that he had rammed the car and crashed into them on purpose. Pineapple stated that Pestilence had broken NLR and tried to punch him after they had both died, Therefor breaking NLR. No side had any proof what so ever of this, therefor i could not do anything about the case, and after spending about 20 m inutes explaining this to them, i decided to tell them both to go eachothers way. 5 minutes later, i get another @ request from Pineapple stating you were randomly hostaging him. I Tped, and saw you all standing next to the destroyed car after the crash, to which after what you told me, you had decided to hostage him when he came back to repair his car. Now. Even though you are Mafia, does not mean you can hostage anyone at anywhere, just because you want money, as you stated the reason was. You need a good reason to hostage someone, as the rules cleary states. I kept explaining this, and i kept referring you to rules explaining WHY it is so. But you kept going on. I suppose you got annoyed as you stated, because after a while you started giving both me and Pineapple attitude while i was handling the case. I grabbed you and gave you a verbal warning, because i had simply had enough of your attitude towards both me and Pineapple, to which you completely ignored and followed up with a new comment about how i was handling the case, and how I was bias towards Pineapple, to which i've had enough and I banned you. Right after that, i suppose your friend didn't like that very much and decided to RDM Pineapple, to which he go banned for as well.

So my question to you. Why do you feel you should be unbanned after completely ignoring my warning about giving me attitude?

Because I wasn't giving you attitude. I was simply asking you to try and see things from both perspectives as I felt you were being biased. Perhaps the way I speak is a way that you find to be hostile, and if so I apologise for that, but I didn't ignore your warning at all.

Pineapple had been harassing us throughout our time playing the game yesterday, we asked him on a number of occasions to go away and he simply wouldn't listen. As for the hostage situation, the Mafia boss showed up and took him hostage, we simply went along with it because otherwise we would have certainly faced demotion. The reason for taking him hostage I believe was valid at the time, but perhaps there was some issue communicating on my part.
(02-26-2014, 03:10 PM)Greg Wrote: Because I wasn't giving you attitude. I was simply asking you to try and see things from both perspectives as I felt you were being biased. Perhaps the way I speak is a way that you find to be hostile, and if so I apologise for that, but I didn't ignore your warning at all.

I was in a situation where i felt you were giving me attitude, and you did not ask once to see it from both perspectives. You kept insiting that you were in your right to hostage the player because he was driving an expensive sports car and you wanted money. I kept explaining and referring to several rules telling you why you can't simply hostage because you want money. And the more and more time dragged out, the more and more hostile you became towards me and the player. Now, the simple fact here is I gave you one final warning to change your attitude towards me, which you simply ignored. If i give you a warning, and you simply ignore it, i am in my full right to take action towards it. I see no reason why you should be unbanned when you ignored my warning, and i do suggest you change your attitude towards staff members in the future when they are there to help solve a situation.
(02-26-2014, 04:09 PM)ZedsDead Wrote:
(02-26-2014, 03:10 PM)Greg Wrote: Because I wasn't giving you attitude. I was simply asking you to try and see things from both perspectives as I felt you were being biased. Perhaps the way I speak is a way that you find to be hostile, and if so I apologise for that, but I didn't ignore your warning at all.

I was in a situation where i felt you were giving me attitude, and you did not ask once to see it from both perspectives. You kept insiting that you were in your right to hostage the player because he was driving an expensive sports car and you wanted money. I kept explaining and referring to several rules telling you why you can't simply hostage because you want money. And the more and more time dragged out, the more and more hostile you became towards me and the player. Now, the simple fact here is I gave you one final warning to change your attitude towards me, which you simply ignored. If i give you a warning, and you simply ignore it, i am in my full right to take action towards it. I see no reason why you should be unbanned when you ignored my warning, and i do suggest you change your attitude towards staff members in the future when they are there to help solve a situation.

I apologize if you felt like that, but I insure you that I wasn't giving you attitude in the slightest. I was exactly the same at the start of the conversation as I was at the end, and I was only hostile to the other player because he was essentially griefing. I didn't ignore your warning, because I simply said one sentence where I asked you to see it from both viewpoints before you decided to ban me for no good reason. I'm generally pleasant to everyone on the server whether they're staff or not, but the fact of the matter is that the other player was constantly harassing and annoying us and he's got off scott free with no punishments or without any sort of repercussion. We were prepared to leave the hostage situation where it was, the Mafia leader even untied him.

I feel as though had a different admin been online and spoken to us about this issue in a way that couldn't be considered belittling and verging on rude, then maybe there would've been an entirely different outcome all together.
Quote:General rules

5. Listen to the admin's decisions, they aren't negotiable.

Staff-members get alot of calls and I can only assume that the banning moderator had other calls and people to take care of. He had told you how he resolved the case and the reason behind this and you persisted to claim the banning moderator was wrong.

Staff-members know how to do our job and there is a fine line between constructive critisism and being annoying. When you start calling someone biased then you should realise that you are not helping the situation at all. The staff-member made a decision with this person you claimed broke the rules, and you will have live with this and move on. We staff-members cannot possibly catch them all sadly, as we need some sort of evidence to punish players. This could ie be evidence from logs, screenshots, recordings and etc.

Denied.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator