Using Adobe After Effects [Updated]
So, i felt like creating something today. So i went ahead and for 9 straight hours of trial and error (Mostly error) i came up with this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6lYdqQOf...e=youtu.be
Feel free to judge/point out what could be improved! I am feeling like there are some things missing and i don't know what and/or how to put them in.
I feel pretty proud of myself, since this the first thing i have completed without quitting halfway.Cool
Updated!
I took some of your suggestions below and changed it around a bit! Hopefully it will be better!
Feedback is appreciated!
Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member
The following 3 users Like Tandy's post:
  • Ne0ster, Morbid, Fillehh
It's nice, but a bit lengthy. Tone it down to something under 10 seconds or else the viewer will end up just skipping the intro.

Nice work, reminded my of my C3D days..
Looks good but just as Jarz said, I don't like to watch long intros.
user title was put to "one of the elders" by default, and holy shit does that sound extreme
Looks good!

My only criticism is that the first font doesn't fit it very well. Try a font that is clear and easy to read.

Other than that, good work!
Looks good, however you should delete the glow and change the font to something more clean.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Personally I don't like intros at all for YouTube videos, they're very annoying. I think that something like this should be played as an outro instead.
I'd have to say to improve on is changing the font of the first set of blue text, it's hard to read. A more spaced out, simplistic font which still has a hint of sci-fi (which I assume is what you're going for?) will look much better.
Aside from that it's a nice looking video and I hope that you learnt something by creating it Smile