Unban Request: [FL:RP] Shaho
Your name: [FL:RP] Shaho

Your ban ID: STEAM_0:1:42090950

Banned by: [FL] Freezak

Reason: "BRA (42496) - Hostaging in public, also without sufficient reason, deliberately breaking NLR, unneeded promotion of agressiveRP. 8th ban."

Involved: Dave, Dr Tosspot

Why we should unban you: Firstly, I'm surprised how I never got the chance to appeal my ban in the ban request. I should have at least been able to voice my reasoning there, but this was overlooked and I was banned shortly after the ban request was posted. You must listen to the other side of the story before accepting the other.

Perhaps it would be good to consider that these guys randomly broke into my vehicle and the alarm went off. If I had not turned the engine off, they would have gotten away in it. Also, this was done by the black market dealer shown in the video, and the other players encourage him to follow these actions.

Also, the number of times I've seen staff give exceptions to situations like that, in which an RDMed player is forgiven for moving into the NLR zone. Also, I'd like to point out that I'm allowed to quickly pass through an area in which I was killed previously before NLR is over. That's exactly what I did. I got in my car and drove away. (Most recent situation of forgiving NLR for similar situation was by ZedsDead for Kiem)

Had I not have been killed instantly, I would have brought my hostage in for questioning. I've done this kind of RP before many times, and it was simply a 'citizen arrest' in many ways.

It's worth mentioning that they trapped me in their prop house whilst they were trying to lockpick my vehicle. The owner of the building pretended to be AFK and this coincidentally stopped when my vehicle alarm sounded.

Also, these guys shot me whilst I still had a weapon out? Surely even though the gun isn't visible when I switch to hostage rope, the gun doesn't disappear into my anus. IRL it would still be there, and they would still have to RP being afraid of it.
Quote:Firstly, I'm surprised how I never got the chance to appeal my ban in the ban request. I should have at least been able to voice my reasoning there, but this was overlooked and I was banned shortly after the ban request was posted. You must listen to the other side of the story before accepting the other.
Actually no, that's not a mandatory in every case (i.e. this one), nor you'll tell me what to do.

Quote:Perhaps it would be good to consider that these guys randomly broke into my vehicle and the alarm went off. If I had not turned the engine off, they would have gotten away in it. Also, this was done by the black market dealer shown in the video, and the other players encourage him to follow these actions.
That's why our fellow players are able to post ban requests.

Quote:Also, the number of times I've seen staff give exceptions to situations like that, in which an RDMed player is forgiven for moving into the NLR zone. Also, I'd like to point out that I'm allowed to quickly pass through an area in which I was killed previously before NLR is over. That's exactly what I did. I got in my car and drove away. (Most recent situation of forgiving NLR for similar situation was by ZedsDead for Kiem)
I'm surprised to see you saying that right now, while you've spent nearly 500 hours in-game. NLR can be broken in some exceptions, i.e. being prop killed, but you need to contact with staff member. If no one is online, don't break it. Also, you're allowed to pass an area you died in, but by saying that we are obviously talking about passing it like driving a vehicle already, not coming back and taking it. Be serious, there's no loophole to search for.

Quote:Had I not have been killed instantly, I would have brought my hostage in for questioning. I've done this kind of RP before many times, and it was simply a 'citizen arrest' in many ways.
You're not allowed to hostage in public, yes by pulling out a rope and tying someone you're hostaging someone.

Quote:It's worth mentioning that they trapped me in their prop house whilst they were trying to lockpick my vehicle. The owner of the building pretended to be AFK and this coincidentally stopped when my vehicle alarm sounded.
It's rather worth mentioning in a ban request which should be posted by you.
In an unban request you should rather give me the actual explanation why you didn't break any rules.

Quote:Also, these guys shot me whilst I still had a weapon out? Surely even though the gun isn't visible when I switch to hostage rope, the gun doesn't disappear into my anus. IRL it would still be there, and they would still have to RP being afraid of it.
As far as i remember the gun was pulled out already, in equipment, just like yours.

You didn't justify your actions at all which were in fact against the rules and i see no reason to undo the suspension. Anything else to add?

I understand what you're saying and agree with all of it, but I am really unhappy about missing out on major RP events happening tomorrow that I signed up for. Random theft of my car pushed me to a point in which I had to defend myself. There wasn't much more I could do, and seeing as the opposing side broke about three rules, I tried to avoid getting into any serious situations with them.

I've been on the end of a barrel before by staff members role-playing for only ramming their vehicle slightly by accident. I follow in the steps of the more experienced members, and I don't say this to put the blame on other players. Just to let you know that so many exceptions are made in other situations, but this tiny situation has escalated so much.

If this was a one day ban it would be fine as I could enter the RP events I've signed up for tomorrow, but fourteen days seems overkill. I'd like to let you know that I pretty much started on a new leaf to avoid getting banned in the future, this broke it, but that extension due to it being my eighth ban would only seem logical if I'd been constantly minging. I've broken rules in the past and paid the price, this ban came out of the blue.

Please consider my proposition.
The main reason why i've decided to make your ban longer is the fact you've spent enough time here (30000 minutes if that looks more serious for you) to know them, your previous bans (5 related to agressive"rp") and generally you deliberately ignoring such basic rules, seen on the video:
- Hostaging in public: not allowed under any circumstances,
- Breaking NLR: you're allowed to do that only with the permission of the online staff member, if your reason is justified,
- Promoting agressiveRP: coming up to passiverp without any special reason, trying to hostage random people also without any reason.

You could actually wait for any staff member to come, record the rulebreakers and avoid any further confrontation. In that way, potential rulebreakers would get banned and not you. And as i said, if you feel like those players were breaking the rules - feel free to post a ban request, as long as you have some evidence (considering the situation lasted a long time you could get some).
(02-13-2014, 08:23 PM)Freezak Wrote: The main reason why i've decided to make your ban longer is the fact you've spent enough time here (30000 minutes if that looks more serious for you) to know them, your previous bans (5 related to agressive"rp") and generally you deliberately ignoring such basic rules, seen on the video:
- Hostaging in public: not allowed under any circumstances,
- Breaking NLR: you're allowed to do that only with the permission of the online staff member, if your reason is justified,
- Promoting agressiveRP: coming up to passiverp without any special reason, trying to hostage random people also without any reason.

You could actually wait for any staff member to come, record the rulebreakers and avoid any further confrontation. In that way, potential rulebreakers would get banned and not you. And as i said, if you feel like those players were breaking the rules - feel free to post a ban request, as long as you have some evidence (considering the situation lasted a long time you could get some).

I understand your reasoning. Is there any way you could give me another chance here? I would gladly accept a very lengthy ban if ANY rule breaking is present in the future. Make it several months long, I don't mind. I really want to redeem myself and engage in the RP events which means a hell of a lot to me.

Having been online for 500 hours, I know I shouldn't be making such stupid mistakes. I'm stupid to do so, but my life seems to mainly consist of retrying things nowadays. If you would give me your mercy and allow an unban with the condition of an exceptionally long ban if anything arises in the future, I would be eternally grateful. I fully understand and respect your reasoning and viewpoint but, having been on here for 500 hours, I find it hard to leave for so long.

All I am asking is your kindness and support. I promise nothing like this will arise in the future, and the rules will be engraved into my mind. What do you say, Freezak? It would mean the world to me.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQugJBRv6MIGqfw6rNl208...S9xD9BXzEo]
There's no special treatment for any players as that would be totally unfair towards other people. Nevertheless, while looking upon the whole situation from top to bottom i've decided to shorten your ban to 7 days, what you can take as a second chance. Keep in mind that it will be noted and any further conflict with the rules will be appropriately rewarded.

Approved.