Far Cry 4 Announced!
Ubisoft has officially announced a follow-up to 2012′s Far Cry 3, confirming rumours that it will be set in the Himalayas.
[Image: fc4_mockup_limited_edition_uk.jpg?w=650&...#038;h=576]

There are very few details at the moment, and no screenshots or videos – just the packshot below. Ubisoft are waiting until E3 next month to show the game off properly, but they have confirmed it will be out for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

The game’s release date is pegged as November 21, and as with the last game the primary developer will be Ubisoft Montreal. The following is the only description of the game so far released:

In Far Cry 4, players find themselves in Kyrat, a breathtaking, perilous and wild region of the Himalayas struggling under the regime of a despotic self-appointed king. Using a vast array of weapons, vehicles, and animals, players will write their own story across an exotic open-world landscape.

‘Following the success of Far Cry 3, we wanted to take the franchise to the next level and create a game that will surprise players and exceed fans’ expectations,’ said executive producer Dan Hay.

‘Given the unique setting, we feel Far Cry 4 will stand out as a top first person shooter and we’re eager to reveal more about the game in the coming months.’

Despite the lack of other information Ubisoft has already worked out a pre-order deal for the game, which will net you the limited edition that includes Hurk’s Redemption – a series of three single-player missions featuring the character Hurk from Far Cry 3. You’ll also get Hurk’s harpoon gun, The Impaler.

Having any recurring characters appear in the new game is unusual for the Far Cry series, with the three existing games sharing almost no story links. But what’s most interesting is that the game still isn’t next gen only, which can’t help but be somewhat limiting.

[Image: fc4_packshot_standard_generic_2d.jpg?w=6...038;h=1439]

Source: http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/15/far-cry-4-...n-4729284/
The following 2 users Like Jan's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle, Blurr
This game looks great,but with two AC titles and Drive Club coming out soon, I wouldn't be surprised to see it pushed back to March/April '15, similar to Watch Dogs. Speaking of Watch Dogs, I'll be gone from FL for a few days after release! FC4 looks very promising.
[Image: XDVtdgY.gif]
Ooooooo looks amazing! Cant wait!
[Image: IgcIQgP.png]
IT LOOKS AWESOME

I Started Pleay Far Cry 3 I

ENJOYED

The Franchise I Have all games From Far Cry 1[The First one]
To Far cry 3 I Started Playing Far cry 3 again

Its My Favourite Game Franchise CheeseCheeseCheeseCheeseCheeseCheese
︻╦╤─
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.-Albert Einstein
[Image: hjxBWlz.gif]

-Mac The Orange Farmer

It's Ubisoft... We can expect the same stuff as FC3, just a new map, a few weapons, perhaps craftable makeshift weapons and ammo, and probably some corny correlation between this and Jason Brody for an extra few bucks.
I'm excited though.
Musthave for me!
This will be epic! Just one minus point I can just play it on my PS3 ;(.
Yeah, I was there when it got Announced :p

Looks amazing, a great settings ahhhhh cant wait

p.s I only just noticed this but the grenade that slave or whatever has in his hand, the pin has been pulled, its on the kings finger
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The settings in the mountains will be more beautiful, no question asked. I just hoping this would be just as good as Far Cry 3, because i really enjoyed it!

Also, Who's excited for the Watch Dogs release in a week? I am! I pre-ordered and i'll buy the Season pass once it gets released. Can't wait!
Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member
Far Cry 4's story has been leaked after an enthusiastic Ubisoft employee accidently leaked it at a store page, the following information has been leaked:

"Hidden in the majestic Himalayas lies Kyrat, a country steeped in tradition and violence. You are Ajay Ghale. Traveling to Kyrat to fulfill your mother’s dying wish, you find yourself caught up in a civil war to overthrow the oppressive regime of dictator Pagan Min.

"Explore and navigate this vast open world, where danger and unpredictability lurk around every corner. Here, every decision counts, and every second is a story. Welcome to Kyrat."
I remember when i got Far Cry 3 and was doing the mission where you have the burn the weed farm down that mission was just <3 But Far Cry 4 looks cool might buy it.