Jared
Your name: [FL:RP] Jared #noschool Cheese

Your ban ID: 43587

Banned by: [FL] Freezak

Reason: Random hostage attempt

Involved: Petercob, Scene, -

Why we should unban you: I believe I should have my ban shortened/terminated for a couple reasons. I want to make it clear that this is no personal beef creating with Scene or Petercob. On the other thread I was explaining what I was accused for, not what really happened, because it seemed that Scene is a trusted member of the community and his word would be taken over mine. In reality, I was driving around behind Peter(who I have been playing with for a couple hours, met him and I thought he was a cool guy). To explain the random hostage, in a nutshell, I was just following Peter's lead. I had no idea in the beginning or the end on why Peter was making a hostage RP and why he was trying to kill him for not getting out of the bus. At this point in time, I was up for about 20 hours so I was very sleepy and just let whatever happen, say if I got intentionally CDM'ed by a 0 hr fireman, I would just laugh it off as I was extremely tired. So back to the facts, Peter was driving around in his Volvo and I was following him in my BMW, I have been playing with TC for about a week now and know hes a pretty cool guy, so when Peter shot at him I thought it was a friendly gesture, but when TC died, it became something serious. When that happened my face literally was like :o and I told myself okay, its probably just a misfire, things happen. Then Peter continued to hostage the president while his '/job was set to Private Security Transport' Or something fairly close to that, a Private Transporter. Once we started hostaging the President(scene) I just went along as I thought Peter had his reasons. Once we started the hostaging, I asked Peter over the voice chat,"Whats our reason for hostaging?" and he didn't respond so I thought he had his reasons, I thought of Peter as a true player that doesn't break rules, so I trusted him. I was honestly and true to heart simply following a acquaintances lead because I thought he was a good RP'er and a good player. Once he killed the president after TC disconnected, I was just about done for the night as I thought that was a little over the top and promoting aggressive RP. I think my RP point from last night for doing a multi-hour RP with most of the server proves that I want to make fearless a more enjoyable place and don't promote breaking the rules. I met up with Peter about 5 minutes before this hostaging, I was on my way to the lake when I saw his Volvo, so I didn't have much previous knowledge about why he was hostaging him. The only weapon I ever used was a knife because I was unaware that you could not be harmed in a chair, because when you shoot a car the driver gets damaged I was under the impression that being in a seat & being shot kills you, so I got curious and started knifing the seat, so I believe the only bannable offense here is... well attempting to damage(not kill) a person in a chair. While writing this ban request, I have been reading over the ruleset the whole time, to make sure that this shows that I deserve and ban termination or a ban reduction.
Regarding the ban length - there's nothing to reduce as it's already, properly short as you took the smallest part in the whole thing.

Ban removal is not an option as well, as even you admitted in your own UBR to breaking the rules, you should know the reason of possible action you're going to take before performing it.

Random hostaging isn't allowed (high taxes aren't a reason), also hostaging in public. Anything else to add?
(01-28-2014, 05:07 PM)Freezak Wrote: Regarding the ban length - there's nothing to reduce as it's already, properly short as you took the smallest part in the whole thing.

Ban removal is not an option as well, as even you admitted in your own UBR to breaking the rules, you should know the reason of possible action you're going to take before performing it.

Random hostaging isn't allowed (high taxes aren't a reason), also hostaging in public. Anything else to add?

Not neccacarily in public, it was ouside if the city. I was under the impression that this hostaging was ok by another player who seemed to have his reasons who I met up with 5 minutes or less before the hostage RP began. Also, if it makes any difference(probably won't) I have school off because of the cold, so it's torture not being able to play the only game I enjoy and not go do something physical. I would love a 10 hour blacklist from weapons or building, if that's acceptable instead of this one day ban
Denied.