FridayC, Overkill on FearRP Ban
Your name: [FL:RP] FridayC

Your ban ID: 43191

Banned by: [FL:M] Venom

Reason: Breaking FearRP, suicide to avoid me.

Involved: Some Corleone guy. I'm not sure.

Why we should unban you: This ban could be considered warranted but it's case that it is warranted is very shakey. Venom had his m16 out and was pointing it at, at least from my vision, the person who had been recently removed from cuffs next to me. I go to leave the building and I jump in my car which Venom freezes as soon as I start moving and began to scream at me in Local OOC about not being part of FearRP. His gun could have been possibly pointing at me but it was not blatantly obvious from my point of view. After continuing to pester me about it he took my car and threw it up into the air from which I jumped out as it was heading up. I died and then he immediately banned me for the reason above. I find his case shakey at best and especially not worthy of a day ban. If it was an hour or two that would be fine but a day is a little overkill for one mistake in FearRP. I ask that you either shorten it or remove it entirely.
You were the only person in the room that I could have been pointing it at. The corleone in there that you may have been mistaking was behind the desk handcuffed by other SRU. I clearly told you over voice chat to "Get on the ground!" on which you insisted to ignore when I had my M4 and tazer at you. You got in your car so I froze it to explain to you about it. I then unfroze it. Time passes and a minute later you do the same exact thing and at that time I bring you onto the roof. When I brought you up there you jumped out of your car to commit suicide.
(01-21-2014, 02:01 AM)Venom Wrote: You were the only person in the room that I could have been pointing it at. The corleone in there that you may have been mistaking was behind the desk handcuffed by other SRU. I clearly told you over voice chat to "Get on the ground!" on which you insisted to ignore when I had my M4 and tazer at you. You got in your car so I froze it to explain to you about it. I then unfroze it. Time passes and a minute later you do the same exact thing and at that time I bring you onto the roof. When I brought you up there you jumped out of your car to commit suicide.

I had my audio off because I was in a library which may be why I didn't hear your get on the ground. As for the corleone, your positive he was behind the desk? I could have swore he was right behind me. As for the car on the roof. I don't remember the car ever getting to the roof I jumped out when it was close the ground but I was experiencing some lag so that might have played a part in my mysterious death from a 2 foot drop. As for the ban length, I still think a day is a bit of overkill. I agree that there should be some ban if what your saying is true but wouldn't like 6 hours or 12 hours be more fitting for something like that? I'm not a moderator so I'm not sure but I from what I have seen on some other servers in different games this seems to be a bit much.
Well if you have sound off I usually put in my name like "Venom @No sound" something to indicate it. Because I could not know that your sound would be off. And no, the corleone was behind the desk. It may have been lag but I really cannot say so or not.
(01-21-2014, 02:49 AM)Venom Wrote: Well if you have sound off I usually put in my name like "Venom @No sound" something to indicate it. Because I could not know that your sound would be off. And no, the corleone was behind the desk. It may have been lag but I really cannot say so or not.

Ok but can you address the length of the ban? I think that a whole day is a bit overkill for a first time FearRP offender. Wouldn't 6 hours or 12 hours be more appropriate?
It doesn't matter if it's your first time or not. You still broke fearRP two times
(01-21-2014, 08:51 PM)Venom Wrote: It doesn't matter if it's your first time or not. You still broke fearRP two times

Still i know the ban is over now but in the future for others shouldn't it be 12 hours or 6 hours or even 3 hours.
Denied.