Lag when joining and exiting server + Slower walkspeed after leaving FL servers.
Question 
So I've been having two issues recently. The first being that when I join or exit a server it causes lots of lag and just freezes my gmod to the point where Task Manager, Windows, ALT + Tab, and CTRL + ALT + Delete do nothing. This also happens during the loading of the game I'm joining.

The second problem is that after I leave a FL server and join for instance TTT or Murder my normal walkspeed is actually the speed of holding ALT. And running is the equivalent of walking normally.

Does anyone know how I can fix these issues? Also, can Addons be a problem when it comes to this?

Thanks! Smile

[Image: 6ncb.png]
(01-19-2014, 06:06 AM)sgtbender200 Wrote: The second problem is that after I leave a FL server and join for instance TTT or Murder my normal walkspeed is actually the speed of holding ALT. And running is the equivalent of walking normally.

Ive had that problem too. The only solution i found was to restart gmod before joiing another mode :/
Sincerely, TotallyGG
Community Member & Donator

I cannot really help you about the lag right now. Instead, I can tell you my idea on why you start to walk on other servers.
As the FL servers automaticly run +walk on everyone, there seems to be a bug that once you leave the server, +walk is still running. I'd prefer to either just press ALT, or if that doesn't work, type -walk in the console.
i have self control
(01-19-2014, 06:06 AM)sgtbender200 Wrote: So I've been having two issues recently. The first being that when I join or exit a server it causes lots of lag and just freezes my gmod to the point where Task Manager, Windows, ALT + Tab, and CTRL + ALT + Delete do nothing. This also happens during the loading of the game I'm joining.

The second problem is that after I leave a FL server and join for instance TTT or Murder my normal walkspeed is actually the speed of holding ALT. And running is the equivalent of walking normally.

Does anyone know how I can fix these issues? Also, can Addons be a problem when it comes to this?

Thanks! Smile

I have this problem...

De Frag your disk, remove programs etc... only other thing I can say is upgrade PC/ internet
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
The first problem you have is to clean your computer. As Barkles said simply de-frag your computer and check if for virus! Its your own computer that is slow and nothing more than that.

Your second problem may be caused by the gamemode, yes. To fix this simply go to options and change the key where you walk slower/faster.

And the addons is not causing this.

If you got any more questions feel free to PM me.
The following 1 user Likes Mist's post:
  • TheDoctorâ„¢
(01-19-2014, 06:41 PM)Mist Wrote: The first problem you have is to clean your computer. As Barkles said simply de-frag your computer and check if for virus! Its your own computer that is slow and nothing more than that.

Your second problem may be caused by the gamemode, yes. To fix this simply go to options and change the key where you walk slower/faster.

And the addons is not causing this.

If you got any more questions feel free to PM me.

Okay thanks guys. I'll do that. Appreciate the help once again! Smile
No problems Bender Wink!
I'm glad to help you.