Test My Basic Game, Please?
For a college assignment we had to code a basic game aimed at children. I chose hangman (now I wonder what's so educational about it...). Anyway, I need to write several reports and finish off the design work for it so I was wondering if you fine people could test it out for me. Just to see if there is any bugs or any improvements I could make/fix.

Download link: http://www.filedropper.com/hangman

The words are completely random so it can be quite difficult.

There seems to be a scaling problem where some people can not see all the things that should be on screen

Thanks!

[Post your high scores down below if you want Tounge)
The hangman logo is cut off, that's all i can see.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
The following 1 user Likes Nuka's post:
  • GeorgeTheBoy
We need to get this onto Steam Greenlight! Wink

Just a few issues with images clipping each other (top right clouds cut off logo, body cuts part of the head), also the menu button at the bottom right needs re-positioning as it's barely in the window.
Other than that it looks like a nice little game, nice touches with the red/green flashes when selecting letters.
The following 1 user Likes GRiiM's post:
  • GeorgeTheBoy
(01-16-2014, 10:30 PM)GRiiM Wrote: We need to get this onto Steam Greenlight! Wink

Just a few issues with images clipping each other (top right clouds cut off logo, body cuts part of the head), also the menu button at the bottom right needs re-positioning as it's barely in the window.
Other than that it looks like a nice little game, nice touches with the red/green flashes when selecting letters.

Hahaha, this is definitely what Steam needs xD

The images are hard to work with and I think everything gets jumbled around due to different monitor resolutions. I'll try to fix it.

Thanks for testing it out!
Nice game but a problem I noticed was when you lose it doesn't tell you what the word was this would make it a little better...

'Oh that was the word... damn!'
'OMFG DAFUQ DOES THAT MEAN THIS GAME !! #Ragequit'

you know things like that.

What would also be nice is a category feature where you can choose words based on a subject (I know this was a simple project but it's always nice to construct things out of feedback Wink )

also how do I exit to the main menu?

[Image: a0a45cd89f5a97ed6bfd5e6712d7f304.png]

the menu button all I can see^

but seriously this is impressive for a little project inwhich you done... I'm proud of you george you've grown up so fast, one day you will own your own little 'game tycoon' called like 'George and Friends'.
The following 1 user Likes Ciryl's post:
  • GeorgeTheBoy
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
Filedropper is glitchy as hell for me, sometimes doesn't load, sometimes stops halfway through the download.. could you put it on something like mediafire or something like that?

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
(01-17-2014, 03:39 PM)ArcHammer Wrote: Filedropper is glitchy as hell for me, sometimes doesn't load, sometimes stops halfway through the download.. could you put it on something like mediafire or something like that?

If I need further testing I will. There's a couple of bugs and improvements I'm going to make first though Smile
The following 1 user Likes GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • ArcHammer
Highscore: 0

Well it doesn't say what kind of word it is (Animal, singer, toy, hardware etc). so it's pretty hard to guess the word.

Add groups so it'll be possible to guess it.
The following 1 user Likes Rylund's post:
  • GRiiM