Problems with joining the servers
Hello Community members ! Smile

I have a small problem when it comes to joining the servers.

I do already have all the content downloaded that is needed to play on the servers, i have no problem with the actual connecting part, but JUST as i am "Sending Client Info", my Gmod takes a mind of it's own and crashes on me.

And this ONLY happens to the FL servers. Never on any other server or gamemode such as Prop Hunt, TTT server's, etc.

Also it only seems to be crashing when there is more than 10 people on. I was playing during the morning on V2p when there were almost noone on the server, and the connection and joining was fine. But right now, there is 35 people on the server, i tried to join, i get to "sending Client Info" and Gmod crashes.

I have Verified the Game Cache (if that even helps, i have no idea) and tried to "disable" all the addons i have set on Gmod and still that didnt work.

Is there any way that this can be fixed ?

Thanks in advance.
MisterBlue
Sincerely, TotallyGG
Community Member & Donator

I had a similar issue once, the way I fixed it was to put things into the common folder, instead of the user folder, all the FL content, ep1&2 content, stuff like that.

The garrysmod common folder is the one you want everything in, sorry if you've already done this, but you didn't say if you had or not, and it's an easy mistake to make.
FL seems to take a ton of power connecting to its servers for some reason. Try closing all unneeded Windows in task manager programs. Also disable any unrequired addons from the workshop. This plus Zaeeds input is a step in the right direction.
Yesh sorry i forgot to add that part about the Common folder. Everything is placed into "Common" already.

But thanks for the help you 2. Maybe this will fix it,
Sincerely, TotallyGG

Try tweaking your startup line, see my second point in this post:

http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=4032
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 1 user Likes SoulRipper's post:
  • Shawkzie
(01-17-2014, 12:18 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: Try tweaking your startup line, see my second point in this post:

http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=4032

Thanks soulripper, Tweaking made it work.
Sincerely, TotallyGG