Unban Request [Verzyn]
Video 
Your name: blank

Your ban ID:
Banned by:
[FL:M] Verzyn
Reason:
A bit of background:
I was the president for quite a bit, and a rebellion started to grow. As we were expecting a raid, pim2399 came up the elevator, shouting "Death to the president" on his microphone and running towards the bridge on which I was standing. He then duped a sign that said "Kill the president", after which I ordered my guards to shoot him, naturally considering we were both expecting a raid and his inflammatory statements. (Despite the slow going tone of this explanation, this all happened in about 5 seconds)
When asked to remove the props, he refused. He then complained to Verzyn and claimed he was "RDMed" which caused Verzyn to come and "check the situation". And I say check loosely, because he only came, asked for the most superficial and brief explanation, then banned us for "RDM". He did not bother to question us about anything else, only the moment of the shot.
Involved: pim2399, Veryzn, Valerie

Why we should unban you:
This ban is completely unjustified, it is based on lies and information that pim2399 willfully chose to omit when talking to Verzyn, and to add insult to injury, Verzyn has not even attempted to cross reference our versions. Fact of the matter is, if you're expecting a raid and a guy comes in and says "Death to the president" on voice and even goes as far as to post a sign that says "Kill the president", you don't politely tell him to sit down while you sort things out.

In addition to that, there were no officers at the time this happened, only secret service. He came to the Nexus looking for trouble, even went up as far as the top floor, taunted us as the elevator went up, posted a sign that said "Kill the president" and then wondered why he died.

To conclude:
  • He was trespassing the Nexus, and more broadly the top floor of the Nexus.
  • A rebellion was brewing, we were on high alert
  • There were no officers to protect me while this happened
  • He was shouting "death to the president" as he was going up
  • He duped a sign that said "Kill the president" (A sign which he initially refused to remove, then silently got rid of after calling Verzyn)
I would also like to bring into account pim2399's history of bans, many of which were quite recent and suit the nature of the offense that got him killed.
Quote:42578 pim2399 STEAM_0:1:32229180 Steam Profile NLR
Expired
[FL] Temar
42385 pim2399 STEAM_0:1:32229180 Steam Profile Random raiding.
Expired
[FL] Freezak
42189 pim2399 STEAM_0:1:32229180 Steam Profile Raiding for high taxes.
Expired
[FL] Enzyme
41614 pim2399 STEAM_0:1:32229180 Steam Profile Fading and shoot
Expired
[FL] Drogas
41341 pim2399 STEAM_0:1:32229180 Steam Profile NLR.
Expired
[FL] Enzyme
41176 pim2399 STEAM_0:1:32229180 Steam Profile Random Car Theft
Expired
[FL:M] ZedsDead
40995 pim2399 STEAM_0:1:32229180 Steam Profile RDM, trying to RDM others while mod is talking to him
Expired
[FL:M] ZedsDead
40902 pim2399 STEAM_0:1:32229180 Steam Profile RDM, read the rules.
Expired
[FL:M] Verzyn
40667 pim2399 STEAM_0:1:32229180 Steam Profile Prop blocking.
Expired
[FL] Aviator
Okay let me get one thing sorted out, I was joining the server and talking to Narcotic in teamspeak. He notified me of a case that I should attend to and he filled me in on the details of what happened. I understood Pim was killed on the top floor of the nexus by Valerie and I knew he was unarmed but I did not know the reasoning of the kill. I teleported to Valerie to get both of your sides of the story. I asked why Pim was shot, Valerie responded "I was ordered to". I reported this to Narcotic in TS who told me I should ask the president why he had ordered this command. Upon speaking to you I asked the reasoning for the kill, you replied "trespassing and the dupe" (which read kill the president). I again reported all this back to Narcotic who instructed me to deal out punishments to yourself and Valerie. Narcotic told me that executions must be approved by an administrator and that you did not have sufficient reason to kill an unarmed man.

1) Pim was unarmed
2) Executions must be approved

You do not shoot at an unarmed man. And to make matters worse, you most KOS laws which are strictly forbidden.
(01-16-2014, 08:17 PM)Verzyn Wrote: Okay let me get one thing sorted out, I was joining the server and talking to Narcotic in teamspeak. He notified me of a case that I should attend to and he filled me in on the details of what happened. I understood Pim was killed on the top floor of the nexus by Valerie and I knew he was unarmed. I teleported to Valerie to get both of your sides of the story. I asked why Pim was shot, Valerie responded "I was ordered to". I reported this to Narcotic in TS who told me I should ask the president why he had ordered this command. Upon speaking to you I asked the reasoning for the kill, you replied "trespassing and the dupe" (which read kill the president). I again reported all this back to Narcotic who instructed me to and out punishments to yourself and Valerie. Narcotic told me that executions must be approved by an administrator and that you did not have sufficient reason to kill an unarmed man.

1) Pim was unarmed
2) Executions must be approved

You do not shoot at an unarmed man. And to make matters worse, you most KOS laws which are strictly forbidden.
It wasn't an execution, nor was it a KOS law, it was a reaction to a possible raider who went above and beyond to make himself appear like a possible threat. He was: Shouting 'Death to the president' on the elevator, running towards us aggresively, stopping an inch away from me and of course pulling out his toolgun, after which he was shot.(It should also be noted he kept shouting until he died)
This all happened in about 5 seconds time, so your approach of calling this an execution(Claiming we had the time to assess the risk, notice he's not a threat, and decide to kill him anyways, which is simply not true) is both incorrect and a testament to the fact the matter was only superficially investigated.

After I explained this to you, I also told you that there is a background to his death, but you simply ignored me, said 'Okay' and teleported away. I also don't understand how Narc is related this, he may have asked you to examine the matter, but the fact remains the facts reported back to him were evidently distorted and incomplete; omitting the time frame, pim2399's aggressive demeanor and the background that lead to his death.

Only moments before he showed up we were preparing to head to an underground bunker as the risk of raid was increasing. And here he was, a civilian shouting 'Death to the president' coming up to the top floor uncuffed and running towards me, can you seriously say you would've acted differently?
He was unarmed, you ordered a guard to shoot him therefore it is an execution.

Me and Narc were talking for around 2-3 minutes after I had talked to you and till the punishment was made. I saw no PM which tried to explain further detail that was necessary in your opinion.
(01-16-2014, 10:27 PM)Verzyn Wrote: He was unarmed, you ordered a guard to shoot him therefore it is an execution.
So if a guy rushes at you, shouting for your death, replying with 'kill him' while running inside is an execution?.
Allow me to reiterate:
Quote:This all happened in about 5 seconds time, so your approach of calling this an execution(Claiming we had the time to assess the risk, notice he's not a threat, and decide to kill him anyways, which is simply not true)
When exactly did I have time to wonder if this loud trespasser wasn't there to kill me? Suppose he had a gun, was I supposed to stop everything, examine the gun from all angles, and then shoot? Because that's what you're making it look like. Fact of the matter is, you weren't there, and you seem to be wilfully ignoring very important facts that don't match your 'execution' theory, namely the fact that this all happened in under 5 seconds.
(01-16-2014, 10:27 PM)Verzyn Wrote: Me and Narc were talking for around 2-3 minutes after I had talked to you and till the punishment was made. I saw no PM which tried to explain further detail that was necessary in your opinion.
Quote:(Despite me telling him on mic that there is more background to his death, and that if he wants I'd PM him and explain)
After you came to us, I explained the 'immediate circumstances', you said 'okay' and I in return offered to elaborate on it via PM. And then? Nothing, silence, I was completely ignored by you until you teleported away. Again, it doesn't matter who you discussed it, the fact remains that the 'facts' discussed were distorted and incomplete, how could they not be when you keep touting this ridiculous and factually implausible execution theory?
Let me clear the air here real quick.

Just because somebody has a decent track list when it comes to bans it doesnt mean they do not know the rules. These bans could be from the past and the player could have a full understanding of the rules.
(01-17-2014, 07:36 AM)Drogas Wrote: Let me clear the air here real quick.

Just because somebody has a decent track list when it comes to bans it doesnt mean they do not know the rules. These bans could be from the past and the player could have a full understanding of the rules.
His bans are most certainly not from the past. In fact, this guy was literally chain-banned up until a week ago.
Look at the dates of his bans and tell me if you still think we're dealing with a reformed player who has a 'full understanding' of the rules(And I bet you'll find more if you check his blacklists)
Quote:2014-01-09 21:23:41
2014-01-06 17:36:41
2014-01-03 22:37:38
2013-12-27 20:14:22
2013-12-22 00:24:29
2013-12-18 15:51:57
2013-12-15 16:52:18
2013-12-13 17:48:11
2013-12-09 15:44:54
pim2399 is a serial rulebreaker and a troll, he went up the Nexus looking for this kind of trouble, then put an innocent face when he died. It's truly baffling that his lies are believed to this extent.
What lies are those? As a government official your job is to protect the citizens of evocity. Instead you killed an unarmed man without bothering to detain him. You also posted a KOS law reading "anyone trespassing on the top floor will be shot" (maybe different wording).
(01-17-2014, 01:56 PM)Verzyn Wrote: What lies are those?
What lies? Let's take for once the fact you keep calling this an execution. I'll re-iterate it one more time, and I expect you to read it fully this time.
  1. We were expecting a raid any minute
  2. pim2399 came up the elevator, shouting "death to the president"
  3. He ran towards me, he didn't walk, he didn't pace, he didn't linger, he simply charged me.(All while shouting things similar to his first statement)
  4. He stopped an inch away from me and pulled out his toolgun
  5. And then he died
  6. This all happened in under 5 seconds

(01-17-2014, 01:56 PM)Verzyn Wrote: As a government official your job is to protect the citizens of evocity. Instead you killed an unarmed man without bothering to detain him.
This is once again ignoring the time frame of the event, and I don't even know if at this point I should dignify it with a response when you keep ignoring the most important fact that this all happened in under 5 seconds, not 20 seconds, not a minute, 5 seconds. Judging by the circumstances(We were expecting, there was no time to stop and question what he's doing there especially because of the way he behaved himself was extremely aggressive, and denoted a possible threat), the fact you're still attempting to promote your theory that this was an execution is deceitful because it simply does not add up with the time frame and other factors.
(01-17-2014, 01:56 PM)Verzyn Wrote: Instead you killed an unarmed man without bothering to detain him. You also posted a KOS law reading "anyone trespassing on the top floor will be shot" (maybe different wording).
This was posted as a response to pim's action, he was not killed because of a KOS law as I have said a countless number of times, though I reckon it's hopeless as you're sticking to your approach of ignoring everything that doesn't match with your view of the matter. The legitimacy of it is irrelevant to this ban.
Verzyn, you haven't really brought anything new to the table, if you notice, all your posts contain the same statement with different wording("It was an execution.. Or uh.. KOS Law" - both scenarios have already been proven implausible). How about you try reading my posts before replying? Ignoring my evidence isn't doing you any good, and it seems at this point you're simply trying to save face.
The ban has expired, I would still like a formal conclusion from you.