Gaming PC
I am looking to order some pc parts to make a good gaming custom PC. But tbh I don't have a clue about computers as at the moment I am using a Dell XPS M1330 and it's shit. So I also don't know what parts I need to make it? I don't want to spend loads of money, but it needs to be able to run gmod smoothly. Can you just comment some links and stuff and someone add me on steam and tell me all the parts I need please. My steam is ' Samzo ' Thank you.
What are you looking to spend?
1) What's your budget?
2) Where do you live (for taking shipping, taxing etc. into account)?

I highly recommend either getting it built for you or buying a prebuilt one. There usually is money to save by buying a premade one, and doesn't seem like the actual building aspect of the computer is what interests you a whole lot.
(12-27-2013, 02:05 AM)Joykill Wrote: 1) What's your budget?
I must inquire this information before I can further assist you.

I'm going to say this right now, if you have no idea about computers, do not look forward to building your own computer. Try looking on TigerDirect.com for computers, everything they sell is LITERALLY on sale, top to bottom. Their prices are ridiculously cheap, and is one of my favorite websites to just sit down and be mesmerized by all the prices if the GTX780ti's they have. ...This is getting off topic.

(12-27-2013, 02:05 AM)Joykill Wrote: There usually is money to save by buying a premade one,
I'm also going to say that this information is incorrect, I saved 700 dollars making my own computer from scratch. (But it's your only option considering you are not the most expert in computers)
If all you want is Garry's mod to run smoothly then I would follow the advice given by Jarz and get a pre-built one because you will probably fail at putting the pc together properly and end up wasting all the money you spent on the pc or paying extra for someone else to put it together for you. If you are from England I use overclockers.co.uk for all my pc parts and they do some good pre-built machines as well which you can customize to your liking.
(12-27-2013, 03:00 AM)Jarz Wrote:
(12-27-2013, 02:05 AM)Joykill Wrote: There usually is money to save by buying a premade one,
I'm also going to say that this information is incorrect, I saved 700 dollars making my own computer from scratch. (But it's your only option considering you are not the most expert in computers)

It always depends on deals going on whenever you're planning to build your rig. I got a prebuilt computer, where I choose components myself, and I did the research. I saved ~$150 by having them building it for me. There is no such thing as 'the cheapest', it all depends on current deals, promotions and whatnot.

I highly recommend either getting it built for you or buying a prebuilt one. There usually is money to save by buying a premade one, and doesn't seem like the actual building aspect of the computer is what interests you a whole lot.

Building your own PC will almost always be cheaper as you're cutting out labour costs and inflated component prices.

OP: You should probably buy a pre-built PC. It will cost you more but if you're not sure what parts a computer needs, building one won't be the best idea.
(12-27-2013, 03:12 AM)Joykill Wrote:
(12-27-2013, 03:00 AM)Jarz Wrote:
and I did the research. I saved ~$150 by having them building it for me.

Then that sir is what many call a miracle.
EDIT: Quick advice: If you want a rig that plays Garry's Mod well, try going for a very low budget gaming rig. If you want something that can render out videos, make sure your computer has a large amount of RAM and is a x64 OS (Operating System). A x32b OS can only handle 3-4 GB, I cannot remember the number, but either is both a very small number especially considering todays standards.
(12-27-2013, 03:20 AM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote:

Building your own PC will almost always be cheaper as you're cutting out labour costs and inflated component prices.

OP: You should probably buy a pre-built PC. It will cost you more but if you're not sure what parts a computer needs, building one won't be the best idea.

As I stated before, I think you should research before making any decisions in regards of spending money on a computer. Each setup is different, but from my experience there can be money to saved when doing configurable prebuilt ones. I'm not coming with a definitive answer on what is cheapest, but sharing my own experiences. I don't know how these companies that builds computers for ya goes around, but I suppose they get discounted hardware because they can bulk order them.