Suggestion - Allow Police to use M4
(11-21-2013, 06:43 PM)Freezak Wrote:
(11-21-2013, 06:32 PM)Nevinator Wrote:
(11-21-2013, 01:48 PM)Freezak Wrote: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=2536

And what about the tommy gun that got added? That was a suggestion that got accepted, which added a new gun.

Pointing out the official facts, as you can read weapons are not on wanted list, so doubtfully anything, especially AR15 which is almost similiar to M4 will get accepted.

I mean, there are solutions to not having to add new content, though i am not a "coding" expert. Here are two ways, if possible, that could work,

1. Add the semi-automatic AR15 but replace the model with the current m4, thus only adding the code part and the model part would be the same. This would not be adding any "guns" but rather the code that would allow semi-automatic functionality specifically for the police force.

2. In counter-strike source, the M4 has the semi-automatic firing mode as an option, therefore i do not know if this is possible but couldn't it just be coded so that the "Full-automatic" ability would be disabled? I am sure there is a part in the code that determines that and it could just be removed to make it only has the semi-automatic mode.

Temar would probably be the one to know if that is possible though.
(11-21-2013, 07:14 PM)Nevinator Wrote:
(11-21-2013, 06:43 PM)Freezak Wrote:
(11-21-2013, 06:32 PM)Nevinator Wrote:
(11-21-2013, 01:48 PM)Freezak Wrote: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=2536

And what about the tommy gun that got added? That was a suggestion that got accepted, which added a new gun.

Pointing out the official facts, as you can read weapons are not on wanted list, so doubtfully anything, especially AR15 which is almost similiar to M4 will get accepted.

I mean, there are solutions to not having to add new content, though i am not a "coding" expert. Here are two ways, if possible, that could work,

1. Add the semi-automatic AR15 but replace the model with the current m4, thus only adding the code part and the model part would be the same. This would not be adding any "guns" but rather the code that would allow semi-automatic functionality specifically for the police force.

2. In counter-strike source, the M4 has the semi-automatic firing mode as an option, therefore i do not know if this is possible but couldn't it just be coded so that the "Full-automatic" ability would be disabled? I am sure there is a part in the code that determines that and it could just be removed to make it only has the semi-automatic mode.

Temar would probably be the one to know if that is possible though.

I'm sure Termin is busy with more important FL stuff regarding coding, things you mentioned above aren't needed at all.
So it seems we are still talking about gun-specs and why one gun is better than another?
Let me mention the main point once again.

If you let police carry assault rifles. Why do we need SRU? Same armament, different uniform.
-support because we need a big difference between the police and SRU.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
You all need to read more.
No need for this to become a reality.. -Support, reasons stated in my before post.
The police can stand a chance against criminals as it is.. No need to be added.
[Image: f8ba1Yh.png]
(11-21-2013, 07:37 PM)Freezak Wrote: I'm sure Termin is busy with more important FL stuff regarding coding, things you mentioned above aren't needed at all.

Someone needs a reality check. Head on over to the approved suggestions thread and look at the list. A majority of the suggestions are not "needed" but they are "wanted." I can truthfully say that most of those will not be implemented for many months, if at all. another thing is that just because you have an opinion does not mean you should necessarily argue about it. This is a suggestion thread, nobody cares about your argument, the only important thing you need to mention is if you think it is a good idea or if it isn't. Just because you think Termin does not have time does not mean you answer for the coding team. Just because you are a moderator does not mean you get to overthrow a suggestion because you dislike it, so you and the others need to calm down... It is just a game and it is a small suggestion that apparently made some people very emotional. Who cares about gun-specs, it's about balance and realism, and in the opinion of me and many others, this would be a viable solution to fixing that. This is a Roleplay server, and despite the fact it is "semi-serious" it still needs to be "realistic, correctly balanced, and have expansive capabilities." Government should not be able to be challenged by a band of rebels or mafia members, they should be able to equip a standard issued rifle which is not "overpowered" in comparison to the OP guns such as the tranq rifle, galil, ak47, AUG, snipers, etc, and we should have the dang option to pick to use. If anything, I would likely love for officers to be able to equip all guns and make a regulation that disallows cops from using certain guns or possible consequences may be taken, such as demotion... Because currently the demote system is really only used to get minges off of those classes or make room for friends. But obviously that would never be implemented, so It would be a very little thing to just give cops the ability to equip an m4. SRU does not compare to the police in numerous ways, Roleplay wise and their models! If you even wanted a bigger difference, why not give SRU Kevlar that is 75% damage proof? They have a model covered in protection yet they have the same protection amount as a measly cop with no bulky gear on? Another thing is that the SRU is a task force. They operate under different regulations and conditions. They cannot patrol, and they cannot assist officers on small things. They are to assist on larger operations where it is required, and it is guaranteed that just because cops would be able to equip an m4, does not mean that they would not call the SRU on a big raid. If they actually fixed the riot shield, then they would have another purpose, but that is not our fault.
The following 1 user Likes Nevy's post:
  • RockHunter
Quote:This is a suggestion thread, nobody cares about your argument
Neither i care about yours.

Quote:and in the opinion of me and many others, this would be a viable solution to fixing that.
Majority voted against it, so the verdict is almost unchangeable.

Quote:If you even wanted a bigger difference, why not give SRU Kevlar that is 75% damage proof? They have a model covered in protection yet they have the same protection amount as a measly cop with no bulky gear on?
Citizens have no model covered with any protection, oh my god how unrealistic, take away the access to wear a kevlar for citizens, please.

Quote:If they actually fixed the riot shield, then they would have another purpose, but that is not our fault.
Yes, that is not our fault, still SRU lack any special benefit which would make the SRU different than Police Force. Nevertheless my opinion stays as negative, -Support. I still can't see why cops would need the M4 so much while MP5 is almost same weapon, and instead of searching new benefits for SRU we can leave the weapon system same.
(11-21-2013, 10:31 PM)Freezak Wrote: the MP5 is almost same weapon

If it is almost the same weapon, then what's wrong with police being able to equip it?
(11-21-2013, 10:56 PM)Nevinator Wrote:

If it is almost the same weapon, then what's wrong with police being able to equip it?

The wrong thing is - it will make no sense, yet M4 has a bit better damage.
(11-21-2013, 10:56 PM)Nevinator Wrote:

Well I find them to be quite different. Especially at range which is the MP5s weakest point.
Damage is a bit different aswell.

And we are also talking about the concept of a policeofficer running around with an assault rifle instead of a low caliber submachine gun.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator