Suggestion - Allow Police to use M4
(11-14-2013, 08:15 PM)Spyderr Wrote: unrealistic

Haha alright, it is not unrealistic because of the fact that police do carry AR15's in real life. (USA)
The following 1 user Likes Nevy's post:
  • RockHunter
Alright, might as well throw my view into the pool
+Support
And here's why:
While, yeah, as most mentioned, "What would be the point of the SRU!", and they do have a point, however, as someone mentioned earlier (Was it Toxic?), the SRU slots are either empty, or they are busy tasked with other things, such as defending/guarding the Nexus Tower. Going on to my next point, I kept seeing the argument of 'Balance' and 'Competition'. This is what really bugged me the most, in my opinion. The Police force is an armed government agency, and as such, there shouldn't be anything close to balance! Being in a gunfight, or, rather, engaging in 'Competition' with the police should be something a player should fear. They should be walking down the street with a gun, see a cop, and know that they better hide, because if they engage a police officer, they are done for. I don't know, I've always just had the opinion that sort of fits best with HL2RP (Yeah yeah, whine about how I mentioned another game type), where the all-powerful government is a force to be reckoned with, but at the same time, it should be one that leaves you alone unless you mess with it first. Just my opinion. Don't kill me.
I completely agree. The pure fact that some people are suggesting complete balance between the government and criminal classes purely emphasizes the Cops Vs. Robbers aspect portrayed in DarkRP and other non-realistic gamemodes. The police force is not one you should be able to take down easily, and the fact that they have "free kevlar" is not something beneficial. Criminals have access to kevlar as well, and most of the time they use it, and equip guns that are able to take down a whole fleet of officers. Right now, in the current state of "balance", the criminal classes are just as equal if not more powerful than the government itself, which is the biggest problem.
(11-20-2013, 10:30 PM)Nevinator Wrote:

Haha alright, it is not unrealistic because of the fact that police do carry AR15's in real life. (USA)

As I mentioned before perhaps the Police force should be given AR15's .
(11-21-2013, 11:28 AM)RockHunter Wrote:
(11-20-2013, 10:30 PM)Nevinator Wrote:

As I mentioned before perhaps the Police force should be given AR15's .

Do you realize such a weapon doesn't exist here in FL? or maybe it's even similiar to M4. Anyways, -Support. I can't see how it would improve any RP other than agressive, cops are armed nicely enough, SRU should do the harder job with M4s.
(11-21-2013, 11:31 AM)Volimius Wrote: Do you realize such a weapon doesn't exist here in FL? or maybe it's even similiar to M4. Anyways, -Support.

Yes. You can find such a weapon on the steamworkshop or the existing SWEP could be tweaked so its capable of semi automatic fire only .
(11-21-2013, 11:56 AM)RockHunter Wrote:
(11-21-2013, 11:31 AM)Volimius Wrote: Do you realize such a weapon doesn't exist here in FL? or maybe it's even similiar to M4. Anyways, -Support.

Yes. You can find such a weapon on the steamworkshop or the existing SWEP could be tweaked so its capable of semi automatic fire only .

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=2536
(11-21-2013, 11:56 AM)RockHunter Wrote:

Their rifles are generally in the M4 configuration.

(11-14-2013, 08:54 AM)Enzyme Wrote: I really do not see why you guys want police to carry M4s. Sure, the M4 beats MP5, but we are talking about balance and other OOC factors. We aren't talking about weapon stats and $hit like that.

If we give police M4s, then what will the DIFFERENCE between SRU and police be? SRU are ment to deal with highly dangerous operations, if we give police the ability to equip M4s, then why do we need SRU?
What difference will we really have between the cops and SRU?

The cops will take situations into their own hands instead of calling for SRU. SRU will turn into the dictator-bodyguard-job where all they do is to camp nexus.

SRU are ment to be a highly strategic unit with access to top-notch firearms and trainings. They are ment to be the elite of the government, the ultimate force when it comes to deal with dangerous missions.

Police are ment to watch the city and catch any law-breakers. This usually means speeders, drugdealers and such. If the police encounter any dangerous situations they lock down the area and call for backup and it's here the SRU comes into play.

Sure, you can drag real-life reasonings in to why police should be able to equip M4s, but we are talking about a game where we need to balance things, adjust things. We have to make it so every job actually have something to do. Police can't just replace SRU, the poor SRU saps have it horrible enough now when they camp in nexus just waiting for the rare backup-calls. Granting police access to M4s will not benefit the SRU team at all. This will just make police the new SRU job with a whole lot more slots.

Talking about balancing and things... Can you imagine the entire policeforce equipping m4s and defending the nexus? Raiding places? That force would be quite overwhelming.

Excuse my poor spelling and grammar. I'm a rather tired norwegian fella at school right now.

I'd like to hear what you have to say about this, Toxic.
I congratulate your exotic use of bold lettering and underlining. Good notetaking here. I welcome you to type more plainly next time.
SRU do indeed have better training, and generally their experience borders on further training, better team work, and coordinated raids. Their biggest difference comes in the way they work together. I don't know if you saw this or not, but there is a difference. The SRU uses sniper rifles. They don't patrol, and ergo wouldn't be able to respond to a situation where the regulars aren't able to lock down a perimeter around a location. Catching drug dealers/runners? Are we going to call in the special forces to chase them down? Maybe if they take refuge in a cabin in the woods somewhere. It takes time for the SRU to get prepped and rolling - unlike any regular police officer who is out on the prowl in his crown vic, tuned into his radio - so their best capacity comes in dealing with bases. When it comes to that point, most government raids require all hands on deck, pardon the idiom. In that eventuality, is there not the overwhelming force anyway? I don't recall the government ever being fair in real life, and isn't that what this server is aiming for; almost mimicking conditions as they would be?

TL;DR you're not replacing the SRU, but giving the first responder a better chance. (even worse since every player on FL is armed better than a cop anyways. AK-47s are inexpensive and do the highest damage, and everyone has a gun.)
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
(11-21-2013, 01:48 PM)Freezak Wrote: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=2536

And what about the tommy gun that got added? That was a suggestion that got accepted, which added a new gun.
(11-21-2013, 06:32 PM)Nevinator Wrote:
(11-21-2013, 01:48 PM)Freezak Wrote: http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=2536

And what about the tommy gun that got added? That was a suggestion that got accepted, which added a new gun.

Pointing out the official facts, as you can read weapons are not on wanted list, so doubtfully anything, especially AR15 which is almost similiar to M4 will get accepted.