Having problems with my GPU
Sad 
At least, I have my suspicions that my GPU is acting up.

For the whole day, whenever I boot up my desktop, my visuals will perform fine, but then it gradually becomes worse and worse. I thought at first that something was eating up my resources, but apparently, there's way more than enough processing power for that to be an issue.

I remember installing the new driver GeForce released ("gaming" something or whatever, not a beta driver) the night before, and I had my system kept on overnight while I was torrenting something. I woke up this morning and I thought somebody had shut it down, but the event manager logged it as an error.

After being logged on for about 15 minutes, I had lag issues on my desktop. Navigating my pointer across the screen was all in a stutter, and even drag-selecting all my icons took up to 1 minute.

Eventually, the power got knocked off, so I thought it was an issue with the hardware. I stripped my case open 3 times today, re-fitting everything the way it should be. The same procedure happens after I re-boot at that point; I log on, everything is fine and then my general performance starts to degrade more and more until it becomes an eyesore.

I tried diagnosing the problem further by running a set of games, both high and low demanding for a GPU. I have a GTX 560 Ti, and along with my other specs, I can run mostly every game at the highest settings.

I experienced the same troubles in both categories of games. Tropico 4, with low settings applied, gave me an average FPS of 20. Deus Ex: Human Revolution, with the 'optimized' settings applied (high), gave me roughly the same.

Normally, I'm able to run both of these games at the highest settings provided. But what I've noticed today is, after I re-boot, a game can run perfect for the first couple of minutes, then my FPS will gradually go lower and lower to the point where it's impossible to play.

I've checked my clock speeds; core clocked at 1 GHz and memory clocked at 2.5 GHz.

It feels like I've hit a brick wall, almost, I'm still testing, but I could use some advice if anybody's had a similar issue. Perhaps it is the new GeForce driver? Any and all comments are welcome.
I'be installed the new drivers from NVidia too, and i haven't been having any problems at all, i got a GTX 650 ti.
Check if it is getting enough power too, maybe the drivers changed it so that your GPu doesn't get as much power.
What is the temperature of your GPU?
Do you have any other drivers such as Intel or AMD drivers installed? That might cause it too.
Do you have a wireless card installed? It might be sucking the power from your GPU.
I recommend EVGA Precision X to change your fan speeds, and overclock your GPU.
These was all the solutions i could possible think of, i hope they could help you fix it!
Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member
Power isn't an issue since I have the Windows settings set to optimize both my GPU and my network adapter.

My GPU might be bricked, but thanks anyway.
I'd take your GPU out and examine it for any blown capacitors or burn marks. Evidence of those would probably mean your GPU's done. It wouldn't hurt to roll back your drivers either to see if that's the problem.
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]
I've re-installed the current driver multiple times and I'm experiencing the same issues. And as I've mentioned in the first post, I opened up my case more than once to check everything was intact, and it was.
You say that you installed the newest drivers and this started acting up. Try going back to the driver that you previously had. Also, is your graphics card being detected? Taking your card out and putting it back in will make it seem like a new or different card has been inserted. Try downloading something like CPU Z or GPU Z and look at your temps and all of that.
Need technical help? Just send me a PM on the forums or add me on Steam!

Steam Community Profile: www.steamcommunity.com/id/orbitalnonsense