UnBan Request - [FL:RP]Ciryl
Your name: Ciryl

Your ban ID: 38577

Banned by: Faustie

Reason: Here

Involved: People stated here: Here

Why we should unban you: I believe my ban is too long for the actions which took place and have been told by several members that the ban is invalid. clearly If I said "I did it on purpose" I could of been joking or trying to make the other members laugh which proves that I was not purposely breaking the rules. But, the point is that I wasn't out to get Jonesy. When he joined the game I didn't think "Oh look, Jonesy joined the game! I'm going to try and kill him". Plus, seeing that I too died in the crash.. I would of gained no benefit from doing this, so clearly this action was not intentional. Also, seeing that Faustie was not even in the game at the time and did not see what happened, he's just going by from what he saw in the logs. It would of been nice to have a chance to post on Jonesy's un-ban thread but I didn't get a chance. If anything my car was NOT used as a weapon- A Volvo S60 goes around 45-53mph and a BMW which goes 80-90mph when in Nitro mode so either way he would of hit me because I was barely out of the tunnel when he activated his Nitro.

Something which I can't get my head around is the fact Jonesy got off scot free out of all this, either way he still broke the rules, If I meant it intentionally or not you can't go back unless you get permission from a higher authority therefor he still broke the rules please explain this.
Rule 7. If no admin replies on your unban request within 7 days, your request will always be in your advantage and your ban will be removed from your record.

Lets try and answer it within the 4 days of my ban I have left.

*1,000th post Cheese*
Pending review.
Thank you, I do realize there were some 'connection Issues' but I appreciate the response.
Does it really take this amount of days to answer a Unban Request...
Please be patient for the banning staff member to reply.
(10-08-2013, 10:54 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: Please be patient for the banning staff member to reply.

Okay, I'm just very concerned.
Apologies for the delay.

First off, I might question which members exactly told you your ban was invalid? If an admin said this, he should post it here rather than privately speak to you else it has no bearing on this case, and if its just a member telling you, it means nothing.

As for saying it's not intentional, please see these logs:

Code:
[22:49:10]    Jonesy    (STEAM_0:0:10871907)    was killed by worldspawn
[22:49:19]    [FL:RP] Ciryl    (STEAM_0:1:51063459)    suicided
[22:49:20]    Jonesy    (STEAM_0:0:10871907)    has spawned as Citizen
[22:49:29]    [FL:RP] Ciryl    (STEAM_0:1:51063459)    has spawned as Citizen
[22:50:02]    Jonesy    (STEAM_0:0:10871907)    said: //Well mr.volvo, maybe brake testing and reversing in the middle of a tunnel wasn't such a good idea, eh?
[22:50:27]    [FL:RP] Ciryl    (STEAM_0:1:51063459)    said: /pradio OOC: Got Jonesy killed on purpose ... watched him nitro in his BMW so I stopped my car so he crash into me.
[22:50:44]    [FL] Enzyme    (STEAM_0:0:31154034)    said: /pradio hah, smooth
[22:51:11]    [FL:RP] Ciryl    (STEAM_0:1:51063459)    said: /pradio OOC: Just watching if he breaks NLR and the Pred gave it away ;)
[22:51:23]    [FL] Enzyme    (STEAM_0:0:31154034)    said: /pradio ^

Maybe it wasn't intentional, but the logs do not lie, and this is exactly what you said at the time. I'd be more inclined to believe it wasn't intentional if you had apologised to him, for example, or said "oops I accidentally killed Jonesy", as opposed to "Got Jonesy killed on purpose", which is pretty much you admitting you broke a rule. Enzyme was spoken to regarding this for not disciplining you for it. After doing this to Jonesy, you immediately go full on backseat admin mode and start watching if he breaks NLR for Enzyme. This doesn't concern me so much, it can be helpful, but after what you just admitted what you did? Seems like you have it out for Jonesy, really.

As for the speed differences? That's highly situational, and there's no proof either way that he did or didn't use his nitro other than yours or Jonesy's word, which differs (I spoke to him regarding this case). There's no log proof, in fact the only log proof available is that you admitted you purposefully killed Jonesy. The fact that you admitted you stopped your car is very likely the reason what caused the crash, not the initial speed difference. You can't just say "oh well it would've happened anyway" when that may not have been the case and you have no direct evidence for it.

Now, regarding the actual bans. I spoke with SoulRipper regarding this and we agreed that while Jonesy's ban for NLR would have been somewhat valid, the fact that you purposefully killed him while all the time in contact with Enzyme, the banning admin, negated this and Jonesy's ban was removed due to the very odd nature of the events leading up to the ban and as an apology for the situation. I then spoke with Enzyme and he was disciplined for it, much as would've been done if this would've been made an admin abuse thread.

What I find worst is that at no point in Jonesy's original unban request does anyone speak up regarding the fact that you killed him. Enzyme knew, and he did not mention this fact. In fact if I hadn't decided to go trawling through the logs, this never would've been found.

Your ban was placed because me and SoulRipper decided that your actions do in fact constitute RDM and FailRP, and that they were not conducive to a smoothly running server. Your actions got an admin in trouble, they caused a lot of hassle for various staff members who had to go and investigate these events.
(10-09-2013, 11:16 AM)Faustie Wrote: First off, I might question which members exactly told you your ban was invalid? If an admin said this, he should post it here rather than privately speak to you else it has no bearing on this case, and if its just a member telling you, it means nothing.

I would rather not state 'who' told me it was invalid but I can say it was not a Admin/Moderator.
Moving on-
(10-09-2013, 11:16 AM)Faustie Wrote: I'd be more inclined to believe it wasn't intentional if you had apologised to him, for example, or said "oops I accidentally killed Jonesy"

I would of most likely apologised or at least put a 'lol' in chat to show that I did not take it personally or intended any real harm But I did not see what he put in OOC therefor I did not respond, As for what I said in /pradio
(10-09-2013, 11:16 AM)Faustie Wrote: [22:50:27] [FL:RP] Ciryl (STEAM_0:1:51063459) said: /pradio OOC: Got Jonesy killed on purpose ... watched him nitro in his BMW so I stopped my car so he crash into me.

If you refer to my first post, I said it as a joke and I know there is no way to show this, so I can not really say much at the moment.

Now as for what you said here-->
(10-09-2013, 11:16 AM)Faustie Wrote: After doing this to Jonesy, you immediately go full on backseat admin mode and start watching if he breaks NLR for Enzyme

Now I do this to everyone, I would of most likely contacted a Moderator/Admin but my @ was not working it would only put " so I only had contact with Enzyme either through /pradio or /pm, I mostly contact a Moderator/Admin saying 'What's this guy up to' or 'Silent teleport to me and watch this guy' but as I have stated I could not do this due to my @ not working.

(10-09-2013, 11:16 AM)Faustie Wrote: Seems like you have it out for Jonesy, really.
I do not even know who Jonesy is.... so I would not have it 'out' for him.

(10-09-2013, 11:16 AM)Faustie Wrote: As for the speed differences? That's highly situational, and there's no proof either way that he did or didn't use his nitro other than yours or Jonesy's word, which differs (I spoke to him regarding this case). There's no log proof, in fact the only log proof available is that you admitted you purposefully killed Jonesy. The fact that you admitted you stopped your car is very likely the reason what caused the crash, not the initial speed difference. You can't just say "oh well it would've happened anyway" when that may not have been the case and you have no direct evidence for it.

Well seeing as you spoke to Jonesy, I'm hoping he has told you the truth to him Nitro'ing in the tunnel and If you actually calculate the time and distance of the vehicles it would of happened either way- here is a picture of my Volvo (for some reason it has been re-named) from the crash site-

as you see in the picture I was barely out of the tunnel if you add on the push distance of the BMW when it hit me.

(10-09-2013, 11:16 AM)Faustie Wrote: Now, regarding the actual bans. I spoke with SoulRipper regarding this and we agreed that while Jonesy's ban for NLR would have been somewhat valid, the fact that you purposefully killed him while all the time in contact with Enzyme, the banning admin, negated this and Jonesy's ban was removed due to the very odd nature of the events leading up to the ban and as an apology for the situation.

If I remember correctly even if someone was RDM'd, Propkilled or killed in any other way against the rules- NLR still applies and the fact that he lied to a member of the 'Administrative Team' making it worse should mean the ban should of stayed I waited my NLR time why couldn't he? but I'm going to sway off this topic because this is not a 'Ban Request' on Jonesy.

(10-09-2013, 11:16 AM)Faustie Wrote: What I find worst is that at no point in Jonesy's original unban request does anyone speak up regarding the fact that you killed him. Enzyme knew, and he did not mention this fact. In fact if I hadn't decided to go trawling through the logs, this never would've been found.

I would of most likely stated that I was the one which saw him break NLR and we both died at the same time but I would NOT say I killed him because it was not intentional. Sadly I was only informed after the thread was closed.

(10-09-2013, 11:16 AM)Faustie Wrote: Your ban was placed because me and SoulRipper decided that your actions do in fact constitute RDM and FailRP, and that they were not conducive to a smoothly running server. Your actions got an admin in trouble, they caused a lot of hassle for various staff members who had to go and investigate these events.

Well my actions were not intentional if you were on the server then maybe you would of known what happened because I did not stop my car at any point in the tunnel- nor did I reverse. I apologised to [FL]Enzyme for getting him into trouble as soon as I saw what was said on the Jonesy Unban.

Quote:[22:50:02] Jonesy (STEAM_0:0:10871907) said: //Well mr.volvo, maybe brake testing and reversing in the middle of a tunnel wasn't such a good idea, eh?

but what I will say is that I'm rather disappointed that I was not contacted about the ban which was going to take place.. I did not even get a chance to explain myself to any member of staff, I would of messaged a member of the team about the ban but I did not want to be a whiner.

But clearly now this Unban Request means nothing due to having only 8 hours left due to it 'taking near enough the whole time i was banned', the only reason I'm still edging on this is because I want it removed from my record.

EDIT: I apologise for any grammatical errors, I also may add some more information to this later.
You can write a whole lot about him supposedly nitro'ing, your @ not working, it just being a joke, but the fact is there is no proof for any of this. The only proof I have is the logs, in which you state that you intentionally caused Jonesy to die by your actions, and the events leading from this got an admin into trouble (for not disciplining you for it) and caused a fair bit of hassle. There is no point in "calculating" what happened by looking at the position of your car, we do not know the precise speeds people were going, we do not know the angles, we do not know what positions in the tunnel people were. The logs do not record any of this, all they record is your own admission of guilt. As such, your ban will not be removed from the record.