Ministry of Peace

In the Autumn of 2013, the member states of the United Nations convened a meeting, and voted no confidence in the United Nations, citing the ineffective nature of their actions, sanctions and any peacekeeping force. Citing the conflicts of Sierra Leone, Rwanda, Kenya, Ireland, and other instances of global instability as the prime reasons for the vote of no confidence. Another reason for this vote of no confidence was the increasing growth in paramilitary businesses, owning private armies they were loyal to no one and they had no accountability.

The United Nations were backed into a corner, they had to either accept the demands of the nations, or fall off the cliff to which their backs were off. The United Nations agreed to the proposal, fore they had no alternative but ruin. This was the genesis of the Ministry of Peace, amongst it's members known as Ministerium Pax (Peace Ministry in Latin) or simply 'MiniPax', a global police agency without jurisdiction, a force who could act where the UN couldn't. The Ministry of Peace's primary function, is to protect the rule of law, and hold accountable any who would threaten the right to life of the common man. They fight without borders, they pursue the unjust beyond boundaries, they hold all accountable.

Acting with the approval of the member states of the United Nations, they have jurisdiction over any man whom has committed a crime, as well as any corporation, suiting their ever mobile function they act out of mobile bases, able to deploy virtually anywhere in the world within 3 hours, they can act where no other organisation can.

One thing that sets them apart from other police organisations, is legal training is a specific requirement for selection. Due to their function, they require all members to be acutely aware of international law, and particular UN conventions regarding human rights. Whilst more than capable of performing of what are considered civil police duties, the officers of MiniPax prefer to focus more on their specific remit. Namely the pursuit of industrial entities who are acting contrary to any of the numerous laws of the international community, and are accountable to no one.
Be it governments who are contravening human rights, or industrial entities employing paramilitaries to establish their supremacy, all fall under the remit of MiniPax and all are found wanting.

Structure:
  • Research Department
    Head Scientist
  • Logistics Department
    Logistics Manager
  • Communications Department
    Chief Communications Officer
  • Legal Department
    Zaeed Massani, Secretary-General for Legal Affairs
  • Operations Department
    Killjoy, Commander
  • Human Resources Department
    Director for Personnel Affairs
Ministry of Peace sounds too much like 1984...
The following 2 users Like DoomDude1's post:
  • TheDoctorâ„¢, CorieTheNub
(10-02-2013, 02:41 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: sounds too much like 1984...

[Image: thopo.jpg]
The following 5 users Like Killjoy's post:
  • DoomDude1, Fillehh, York, CorieTheNub, Freezak
And I see it's official already...
[Image: agnesb_East-West-project3.jpg]
It's sounds really good. Looking forward to submitting my application. If you are going to recruit ofc.
(10-02-2013, 10:19 PM)kasp3094 Wrote: It's sounds really good. Looking forward to submitting my application. If you are going to recruit ofc.

We are not looking for applicants.
Sound awesome
The Lost Horde all over again...
[Image: IMG]

Beflok is my idol

The following 2 users Like WorldWideCoffee's post:
  • equal, Jan
(10-02-2013, 10:23 PM)Narcotic Wrote: We are not looking for applicants.

Well damn, I must admit that the story on this one was pretty good. ohh well I guess you can't win every day.

Good luck with it all.