gMod broken ?
Aloha Ladies and Gentlemen

as some of you maybe noticed I havent been as active on the servers as I used to be - sure school started but I really wanted to play but some problems occured I cant get fixed right now:

1. gMod laggs as hell for the last 3 weeks - could the amount of add-ons and changes I did to the addons possibly cause these laggs?

2. Whenever I am on the server my computer loses the internet connection, if I am lucky I can stay online for 30 minutes - any ideas ?

It is very uncommon for games to spaz out as other games for example Star Wars The Old Republic or League of Legends run very smooth and at a high frame rate.
I know I did not add quiet a lot of information as I am not sure what information you guys and girls might need in order to help me

Please help me satisfying my FL addiction

Thank you, I will appreciate every help and I'll probably owe you something
Try reinstalling garry's mod. Remove some unneeded addons. Eventually reinstall windows
[Image: 8KO1g8f.png]
+rep AwestruckBullet for this awesome signature!
(09-25-2013, 06:36 PM)Joram Wrote: Try reinstalling garry's mod. Remove some unneeded addons. Eventually reinstall windows

I am going to reinstall windows , thanks I will report back if something changed.
A few things I changed when I had similar issues.
:Make sure everything is in the right folder, if it isn't delete/move as necessary.
:delete addons you don't use/aren't working.
:disable all addons before going on server. (important if you like building and using the search menu for props, or it'll take a week to load)
:make sure all the drivers for video cards etc are up to date.
:monitor your processes, gmod crashes for me when cpu load gets too high, so don't use skype or browsers whilst in game.
:use razor gamebooster, it's a nifty way to enhance game performance, I can play swtor on a 1.3ghz laptop at max graphics with gamebooster.
:options for gmod, change graphics and disable things like shadows, shadows and certain effects can cause lag you're end.

At the end of the day if it's lagging for you, and you only, then it's a hardware/cpu issue, (imo) and what I've listed above should help.
(09-25-2013, 06:37 PM)Zaeed_Massani Wrote: A few things I changed when I had similar issues.
:Make sure everything is in the right folder, if it isn't delete/move as necessary.
:delete addons you don't use/aren't working.
:disable all addons before going on server. (important if you like building and using the search menu for props, or it'll take a week to load)
:make sure all the drivers for video cards etc are up to date.
:monitor your processes, gmod crashes for me when cpu load gets too high, so don't use skype or browsers whilst in game.
:use razor gamebooster, it's a nifty way to enhance game performance, I can play swtor on a 1.3ghz laptop at max graphics with gamebooster.
:options for gmod, change graphics and disable things like shadows, shadows and certain effects can cause lag you're end.

At the end of the day if it's lagging for you, and you only, then it's a hardware/cpu issue, (imo) and what I've listed above should help.
Thank you , I will report back after I reinstalled windows - as it was time didnt clean my computer for 4 years now^^
Anyways I am going to monitor my crashes.
The solution that probably work: Delete every addon, then try to join and see if it changed.
(09-25-2013, 08:17 PM)Martin Wrote: The solution that probably work: Delete every addon, then try to join and see if it changed.
I will try that later once I am home.
If you delete them though make sure you disable them as it normally just re-downloads them through the workshop.
[Image: image.png]

Ted - International Lover: My gear changes sound like Donald Duck
(09-26-2013, 02:48 PM)KPredeyes Wrote: If you delete them though make sure you disable them as it normally just re-downloads them through the workshop.

I'll try and report something tomorrow , havent been able to access the internet over the week-end
(09-29-2013, 07:58 PM)DaCrowh Wrote:
(09-26-2013, 02:48 PM)KPredeyes Wrote: If you delete them though make sure you disable them as it normally just re-downloads them through the workshop.

I'll try and report something tomorrow , havent been able to access the internet over the week-end

Firstly, if you haven't already, DO NOT REINSTALL WINDOWS. That's like burning down your house to kill ants, it's, if anything, the LAST thing you do.

Do what the others say. (Uninstalling addons, reinstalling GMod ect.)

Good luck.