Rules Q&A 2.0 (Including updated directory)
(09-25-2013, 03:39 PM)HellShell Wrote: I've got a question about something admins have different opinions about.

If you are a BMD and you have a shop in the metro cafe, giga computers, or any other place similar to these ones and you have a sign screaming out you sell illegal goods, is it, or is it not FailRP?
I see different opinions about this and I'd like to have a final answer, I think it's FailRP, and reported people for it to which their builds got removed, a while back I stopped doing it as another admin said he thought it wasn't FailRP.

It is a FailRP as no such a dealer in real life would even have a shop on the mainstreet, especially with a sign informing about selling illegal goods. Owning a small appartment somewhere with his goods inside and walking around the city, "working in the shade" is the style that fits Black Market Dealer job the best.
The following 1 user Likes Freezak's post:
  • HellShell
(09-26-2013, 03:18 PM)Freezak Wrote:
(09-25-2013, 03:39 PM)HellShell Wrote: I've got a question about something admins have different opinions about.

If you are a BMD and you have a shop in the metro cafe, giga computers, or any other place similar to these ones and you have a sign screaming out you sell illegal goods, is it, or is it not FailRP?
I see different opinions about this and I'd like to have a final answer, I think it's FailRP, and reported people for it to which their builds got removed, a while back I stopped doing it as another admin said he thought it wasn't FailRP.

It is a FailRP as no such a dealer in real life would even have a shop on the mainstreet, especially with a sign informing about selling illegal goods. Owning a small appartment somewhere with his goods inside and walking around the city, "working in the shade" is the style that fits Black Market Dealer job the best.

But on v2p (yeah I know) there is a building at the BMD spawn which seems especially for the BMD. Cause the sing above the shop says drugs. What about that?
(09-27-2013, 07:10 PM)MavisDracula Wrote:
(09-26-2013, 03:18 PM)Freezak Wrote:

But on v2p (yeah I know) there is a building at the BMD spawn which seems especially for the BMD. Cause the sing above the shop says drugs. What about that?

That's ofcourse alright. I didn't say that he can't own a shop, but he don't have to or actually can't make it so obvious. I have seen too much of that, e.g. "Black market" sign on the mainstreet, most crowded one, even shops with illegal items attached to the walls outside.
I'll get your mind. Thanks anyway! This makes it clear for me when I'm playing bmd.
Incredibely handy, for the new player aswell for the experienced players to clear up their confusings, good job boys.
Q: As President, is it acceptable to post "Perma-Laws Active," or words to that effect, without posting any other laws?
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
(09-30-2013, 03:25 PM)jonjon1234 Wrote: Q: As President, is it acceptable to post "Perma-Laws Active," or words to that effect, without posting any other laws?

Well the perma laws can't be changed. It stays as it is. And you can't say its gone and make car cdming or shit legal. That you can't do.
And when you say "Perma laws active" you just say something that is already active. So you will still have to make laws or you might get raided or something else.
(09-30-2013, 03:25 PM)jonjon1234 Wrote: Q: As President, is it acceptable to post "Perma-Laws Active," or words to that effect, without posting any other laws?

I would say no. Permalaws is something that normally doesn't exist. These laws are here to make the RP experience smooth and free of any rule breaking. People need to know them + the laws that president has stated (permanent laws can not be changed). In terms of RPing you should know about these laws + President's additional laws. He should state some laws, atleast about speed limits (not available in perm-laws), weed legality, weapons for self-defense and so on. Posting nothing but "Perma-Laws Active" is same as being AFK president, besides answering the warrants.
The following 1 user Likes Freezak's post:
  • TheDoctorâ„¢
I was wondering....
If you can arrest someone for propkill. On one side he killed the guy and broke law. But on other side its backseat administration....
So?
The following 1 user Likes DarkN00b's post:
  • Floodify
Do the same rules apply for this thread as for the old one ? like only admins are allowed to reply or is this open to everybody?