KakCraft
Your name: KakCraft

Your ban ID: 37606

Banned by: [FL] Aviator

Reason: Abusing glitch.

Involved: [FL:M] Pavillion, [FL] Aviator

Why we should unban you: First of all, the reason i got banned is for using the button command, (not a glitch).
I saw many great RP's and RPers using this for their roleplays, i always wondered how they did it.
My friend told me, and i asked him if it was against the rules, he said no.
So i used it twice, once in a contrafarm, i spawned 1 half grown weed plant with a magnifying glass and a lamp above it, that time Pavillion said it was a very nice contrafarm RP, and flied away.
The use of where i got banned for is this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=178507424
I spawned it at a parking lot and changed my job to: VW Golf GTI Salesman.
I placed a note on it with the text: Golf GTI for sale 40k.
I thought this was great RP, it turns out it's not?

P.S I also saw someone before with a library that had a hidden button, Aviator flied by and approved it. (it used the same method)

I would like this unban request to not be denied right away, i'm open for discussion.
user title was put to "one of the elders" by default, and holy shit does that sound extreme
Firstly, I have never gone to you, and said ''Nice Contrafarm!''

Moving on to the appeal, by using the button command, you're bypassing the banned props system in order to spawn a prop which was banned. This is a form of abusing/exploiting, and if you would of read General rule 1. You would that it's under zero tolerance and leads to a permanent ban.
(09-15-2013, 10:36 AM)Pavilion Wrote: Firstly, I have never gone to you, and said ''Nice Contrafarm!''

Moving on to the appeal, by using the button command, you're bypassing the banned props system in order to spawn a prop which was banned. This is a form of abusing/exploiting, and if you would of read General rule 1. You would that it's under zero tolerance and leads to a permanent ban.

Then it might of been a diffrent moderator, i did not know it was exploiting/abusing, and it's not a glitch/bug.
As i said before i'm sorry, i did not know and i won't do it again.
I've seen it happen alot before, i've never seen admins/mods warn people for it and i myself have not been warned that particular time.
Please give me a new chance, i will be sure to not do it again, and i will be sure to warn people doing it.
user title was put to "one of the elders" by default, and holy shit does that sound extreme
This is currently under review. Thanks for you time.
Regards,
aviator
Now, although I am not involved in this situation I have seen and known of people using this "buttons disguised as props" technique and the best of builders use it. The admins do not ban them for doing it. It is not really exploiting as it was used in an RP and it's a common technique used by people who get away with it.

Please don't give me a warning for doing this, it's not totally out-of-the-blue.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
(09-15-2013, 12:09 PM)ArcHammer Wrote: Now, although I am not involved in this situation I have seen and known of people using this "buttons disguised as props" technique and the best of builders use it. The admins do not ban them for doing it. It is not really exploiting as it was used in an RP and it's a common technique used by people who get away with it.

Please don't give me a warning for doing this, it's not totally out-of-the-blue.

This is true, and the people using it don't tell unexperienced players/non rpers.
As far as i know nobody knows this is not allowed, or they would have told me too, and wouldn't be using it.
The reason why you were banned was because you used this technique to spawn a banned prop, thereby by-passing the banned props system.

Case still under review - ETA 48 hours.
Regards,
aviator
User has been warned for this post. Reason:
Give me a warning if you wish but I've seen admins do this, it improves rp potential and harms no one.

Heck, I once did a magician rp where I pressed a prop to turn it invisible and made it reappear elsewhere (where another pre-placed prop was) everyone loved it, does that mean I deserve a ban too?

User warned - Posting in a thread without sufficient right. -Aviator
Lead by example.
User has been warned for this post. Reason:
(09-15-2013, 12:09 PM)ArcHammer Wrote: Now, although I am not involved in this situation I have seen and known of people using this "buttons disguised as props" technique and the best of builders use it. The admins do not ban them for doing it. It is not really exploiting as it was used in an RP and it's a common technique used by people who get away with it.

User warned - Posting in a thread without sufficient right. -Aviator
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
Please can people stop getting involved in this case. Next person to do so will receive a warning/suspension.

As I have just said, he received the suspension by using this to spawn a banned prop. Therefore he was by-passing our banned props and a suspension was issued.
Regards,
aviator