Ban Request - [FL:RP] Doctor Internet, [FL:RP] Timmy Turner
Name of player:
[FL:RP] Doctor Internet (STEAM_0:1:35377420)
[FL:RP] Timmy Turner (STEAM_0:0:56591141)

Time in GMT: 06:14 (GMT +1)

Server: v33x

Summary: I was building my private house, when an HSS and a Cop came by, saying I had contra, and without any evidence they raided me (random raid).

I have a full video, that shows them raiding, and that I have no contra in that house.

Evidence:
http://youtu.be/ACNWVyjUG3E
(HSS) I was the here at the raid, and the Police Officer came to me, saying that he had contra. As such, as my duties as a HSS, we conducted a search on him. If MY information had informed me he did not have contra, we would not have conducted the search, but I have to trust the judgement and information that other govermential members give me. If we are unable to conduct operations based on the information provided by fellow officers, we cannot do out job properly.

However, as in your video, you can see that I was called by the Police Officer, and as such, you have cleared me from random raiding.

As my closing points: 1) The video does not show you destroying your contraband, so if we could have a fuller picture of what happened, because explosions from a property are valid reasons for a search warrant in many places (including Fearless).
2) I didn't go in, screaming, blasting anything that moved, and the only things destroyed in the search were the pots. (Which you claimed were "not yours")
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
User has been warned for this post. Reason:
wtf... noob.. Its just edited..
[-support]

Warned
(09-13-2013, 06:37 AM)jonjon1234 Wrote: (HSS) I was the here at the raid, and the Police Officer came to me, saying that he had contra. As such, as my duties as a HSS, we conducted a search on him. If MY information had informed me he did not have contra, we would not have conducted the search, but I have to trust the judgement and information that other govermential members give me. If we are unable to conduct operations based on the information provided by fellow officers, we cannot do out job properly.

However, as in your video, you can see that I was called by the Police Officer, and as such, you have cleared me from random raiding.

As my closing points: 1) The video does not show you destroying your contraband, so if we could have a fuller picture of what happened, because explosions from a property are valid reasons for a search warrant in many places (including Fearless).
2) I didn't go in, screaming, blasting anything that moved, and the only things destroyed in the search were the pots. (Which you claimed were "not yours")

There was no explosion from my property, I wasn't even inside my house, and instead of talking to me, you randomly raided without any evidence, you only had a hunch from a police officer, and that is not a valid reason to do a search warrant and raid.

You need hard evidence to ask for a search/arrest warrant, you cannot raid based on others people's hunches, the officer didn't saw anything, cause I had no contra in my house.

Also the pots weren't mine nor ilegal since they had nothing planted on them, it's not agaisnt the law to have pots, and you had no right to destroy them.

You don't see cops raiding houses without a warrant, and they can't get warrants without evidence, they can't ask for a warrant based on hunches. The max a cop could do in that situation, is ask to check my house, which I would let, since I had nothing ilegal, besides that, you didn't had enough evidence for a search warrant.

I never had any contra in that house, and an admin can confirm I didn't bought any contra at that hour and before.

(09-13-2013, 06:38 AM)AstroDay Wrote: wtf... newbie.. Its just edited..
[-support]

You have no right to post here.
(09-13-2013, 06:52 AM)Sasuke Wrote:
(09-13-2013, 06:37 AM)jonjon1234 Wrote: (HSS) I was the here at the raid, and the Police Officer came to me, saying that he had contra. As such, as my duties as a HSS, we conducted a search on him. If MY information had informed me he did not have contra, we would not have conducted the search, but I have to trust the judgement and information that other govermential members give me. If we are unable to conduct operations based on the information provided by fellow officers, we cannot do out job properly.

There was no explosion from my property, I wasn't even inside my house, and instead of talking to me, you randomly raided without any evidence, you only had a hunch from a police officer, and that is not a valid reason to do a search warrant and raid.

You need hard evidence to ask for a search/arrest warrant, you cannot raid based on others people's hunches, the officer didn't saw anything, cause I had no contra in my house.

Also the pots weren't mine nor ilegal since they had nothing planted on them, it's not agaisnt the law to have pots, and you had no right to destroy them.

You don't see cops raiding houses without a warrant, and they can't get warrants without evidence, they can't ask for a warrant based on hunches. The max a cop could do in that situation, is ask to check my house, which I would let, since I had nothing ilegal, besides that, you didn't had enough evidence for a search warrant.

I never had any contra in that house, and an admin can confirm I didn't bought any contra at that hour and before.

However, in your reasoning, you state that I should not trust the judgement of other government members. Considering most searches or SRU backup come from other government members. As such, I have to trust that the other police or SRU have enough evidence to search on. If it was a request, from a random civilian on the street, yes, I would have gathered evidence, asked, etc. However, as contrafarmers (not as an insult) tend to be armed, I decided that a search needed to be done as fast as possible, and therefore we decided to take the action of searching your building.
We got a warrant, came in, cuffed you (as I would any search), searched the building, spoke to the Policeman via voice chat, telling/asking him "You didn't have any evidence, did you?" (I might add, you clipped that from the video, could we have the full video?) before uncuffing you, apologising for the inconvenience caused, then leaving. You really think, if I made a decicion to randomly raid you, I would apologise afterwards? I believe this could have all been dealt with, In-Character. However, you decided to post a ban request, when, no harm had been done (The Pots, you say, ain't yours.)
(09-13-2013, 06:52 AM)Sasuke Wrote:
(09-13-2013, 06:38 AM)AstroDay Wrote: wtf... newbie.. Its just edited..
[-support]

You have no right to post here.

He was on the server at the time, and he is correct when he says the video was edited. Can we have the full vesion, including the part where I apologise for cuffing and searching you and your house?
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
Doesn't matter if he was on the server, people cannot write on every ban request, just because they where online on the server at the time. They need to be involved on the ban request.

Also, the video is not edited at all, it's the full video I have, I don't care about what you said after, I don't like when people go around raiding my house when I know I did nothing wrong.

I say the minimum that has to happen here, is the officer being banned, for a false report, that happen to make me being raided without reason.

There was no motive to search my house, it's perfectly normal for me to being mad, since I play this game mod for +200h, I'm tired of getting random raided, 99% of the raids are random. They're just lucky to find somestuff inside most of time.

That's why I create houses like the one you guys raided, without any ilegal stuff inside, to catch random raiders, like the officer in this ban request.
The officer that had the "Hunch" should have more evidence than that. Most people just say "I heard contra" as an excuse, When the fact is they may not have any Contra at all. That's when roleplay comes into perspective when Officers can keep a close eye on the property. The SRU did nothing wrong but following up on some silyl hunch the officer gave him; But you should have still investigated instead of cuffing the man and searching his house.

The evidence provided in my eyes isn't bannable, A stupid hunch from a cop who wants to find contra and to be followed out by a guy who wants to do his job properly.

Denied.