Upgrade help
I dont know which card to get budget is 300 euros and this looks pretty amazing for the price and please use a irish website http://www.dabs.ie/products/evga-geforce...-8XT6.html -The card
And processor im looking for a AMD3+ Socket and would like 8 cores budget 150 euros heres the one im looking at http://www.dabs.ie/products/amd-fx8-8320...-8BXG.html this Please help
Kind Regards,
Barney
FL Member

http://i.imgur.com/lSh4BmS.png
Have i ever helped you?,Do you think i'm a good roleplayer? hit the +rep button

Signature too large. -Termin
Can we get some more information? I'm not quite understanding what you need help with.

Any reason for parts to come only from irish websites?
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]
(09-02-2013, 10:38 PM)bruterules Wrote: Can we get some more information? I'm not quite understanding what you need help with.

Any reason for parts to come only from irish websites?

Due to me being in ireland and delivery charges what im asking is i have a budget of 150 euros for a amd3+ socket and a graphics card preferably with 4gb GDDR5 for 300 euros budget
Kind Regards,
Barney
FL Member

First off, when buying graphics cards, don't go for the ACX cooler, unless you have a bunch of extra money that you don't mind wasting.

Also, we kind of need to know what kind of setup you are running, whether you are going to be running nvidia surround (hence the 4gb) and if you are going higher than resolutions of 1080p.

On that note, if you are going higher than 1080p or running multiple monitors, get a 770 4gb. I typically like the Gigabyte Windforces, but that is totally up to you. The 770 is basically an overclocked 680 and uses the same GK104 processor in it. The 760 runs a GK104 as well from the previous Kepler series, and buying 2 and running them in SLI will give you great scaling and runs practically next to a Titan.

Stay away from AMD right now. I know I'm going to have people screaming at me for supposedly being a nvidia fanboy right now, but the 79xx series puts off way too much heat, and the newest Catalyst 13.10 drivers haven't fixed the current microstuttering issue.

As for the processor, the 8320 is absolutely amazing in price/performance and will be great for future games, especially with the fact that the newest consoles are running 8 core processors from AMD.

tl;dr Get a 760 4gb (non ACX) and SLI it later when needed, or for resolutions and multiple monitor gaming, get a 770 4gb and SLI it later as well. Either way, you will get amazing performance between the 2 choices.
(09-09-2013, 12:37 AM)OrbitalNonsense Wrote: First off, when buying graphics cards, don't go for the ACX cooler, unless you have a bunch of extra money that you don't mind wasting.

Also, we kind of need to know what kind of setup you are running, whether you are going to be running nvidia surround (hence the 4gb) and if you are going higher than resolutions of 1080p.

On that note, if you are going higher than 1080p or running multiple monitors, get a 770 4gb. I typically like the Gigabyte Windforces, but that is totally up to you. The 770 is basically an overclocked 680 and uses the same GK104 processor in it. The 760 runs a GK104 as well from the previous Kepler series, and buying 2 and running them in SLI will give you great scaling and runs practically next to a Titan.

Stay away from AMD right now. I know I'm going to have people screaming at me for supposedly being a nvidia fanboy right now, but the 79xx series puts off way too much heat, and the newest Catalyst 13.10 drivers haven't fixed the current microstuttering issue.

As for the processor, the 8320 is absolutely amazing in price/performance and will be great for future games, especially with the fact that the newest consoles are running 8 core processors from AMD.

tl;dr Get a 760 4gb (non ACX) and SLI it later when needed, or for resolutions and multiple monitor gaming, get a 770 4gb and SLI it later as well. Either way, you will get amazing performance between the 2 choices.
Okay I am just running 1920x1080 for now so that might help i just want best performance i can get and for references try and use a irish/uk website please thanks!
Kind Regards,
Barney
FL Member

(09-09-2013, 12:37 AM)OrbitalNonsense Wrote: First off, when buying graphics cards, don't go for the ACX cooler, unless you have a bunch of extra money that you don't mind wasting.

Alot of the microstutter issues are caused by Crossfire configurations? My experience is that the game has been running at too high of an FPS, causing microstutter. I could fix alot of it by limiting my fps..
DOESNT AFRAID OF ANYTHING
(09-12-2013, 02:36 AM)TheFreeMan Wrote:

Alot of the microstutter issues are caused by Crossfire configurations? My experience is that the game has been running at too high of an FPS, causing microstutter. I could fix alot of it by limiting my fps..

Do you have any suggestions?
Kind Regards,
Barney
FL Member

(09-12-2013, 04:28 PM)Barney Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 02:36 AM)TheFreeMan Wrote:

Do you have any suggestions?

I'm not sure what cards Orbital is using, I haven't had any microstutter issues with a single 7950, on any games. The 760 isn't a bad card, I'd say you could just go with it. Smile
DOESNT AFRAID OF ANYTHING