Australia's Rating Board - Rant
Australia’s Rating Board - Rant

Warning – incessant ranting inbound. If you do not wish to see me drone on about Australia’s Rating Board and swear about it, I recommend not reading this.

You should all know of the rating system ‘ESRB’, used to rate movies and games to tell people what is violent and what isn’t, and what is age restricted etc…
The thing is - there are different ESRB rating boards in each country. As an Australian myself, the problem is – Australia’s Rating Board is crap.

Australia had to make a censored version of Left 4 Dead because it was ‘too violent’ yet in other countries it was allowed like it was. Just recently, it has been confirmed that Australia has banned the normal upcoming Saint’s Row IV for a less-violent, gory version. Why? Because it’s Australia. Lots of shit is wrong.

Why am I annoyed? Because gamers should be able to fucking play what they want. These suited-up special ESRB employees don’t really know what the people want. If some customers don’t like the violence and gore in Saint’s Row IV, then they shouldn’t buy it, OR there should be a censored version which you can CHOOSE to buy, not be forced into fucking buying because it’s “too gory and it’s banned because of sensitive people who can’t handle it and -” ugh.

What I’m saying is that Australia has got its head in its arse in terms of rating and banning games. They really push down hard on these types of games, but it isn’t what the customers want. So now I’m going to try and get the non-censored version from Amazon UK or some shit.

Congrats, Australia. Congratulations.
Just had to let this all out.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
The following 1 user Likes ArcHammer's post:
  • dig
Saints row 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOblWUCy3r0
Kind Regards,
Wood.
Though I do not live in Australia, I have always wanted to move there just because of the location, however something like this and the high pricing of games over there would prove to be a large barrier between me moving there

Also as you would know Arc, this proves annoying because I won't be able to do co-op SR4 with Nitori..

:/
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
It's just stupid...