ArcHammer Reviews - Kerbal Space Program!
If you would like to see more of these reviews, leave some feedback and feel free to suggest a game you'd like to see me review next. Of course, I won't have ALL the games you suggest. I want to do these reviews as I like putting out content for people, reviewing things and you can trust that I don't get paid from companies to say something good about a game - and sometimes the customer's reviews are more accurate than corporate reviews. I hope you enjoy.

Kerbal Space Program. Most of you have probably heard of it – it’s said to be a fun, space-ship building simulator that lets you create crazy rockets or re-enact the Apollo missions as you travel to the moon and back.
The good thing is that it lives up to its name. Kerbal Space Program is one of those very few games that capture the fun of sandbox building and space flight; while still being a good, solid simulator.

Let’s start off with the basics – you are presented with the space port which includes an assembly room for rockets and for space planes. You have the Launchpad next to it, and a runway for the planes. You also have the Tracking Station in which you can view all your flights and control any of them at any time.

Spoiler :

You build your aircraft in the assembly buildings, where you are provided with many building options – tabs for your Propulsion, Control Pods, Science aesthetics, Aerodynamics and more. You plop down your control pod where you want your kerbals to fly from (or a remote controlled one) then you add on your control modules such as SAS, keeping you stable. There are many options for propulsion, with different sized fuel tanks and bigger or smaller engines. When you add these, you will need to add decouplers so you can jettison your fuel tanks away when you’re done with them. You must re-arrange the staging so it all falls into place in the flight.

Spoiler :

Building a Ship in the Assembly Building-

[Image: 2013-07-20_00002_zps29b8229d.jpg]

When you’re finally done, you can test your rocket. Real physics are put into place, for example, you need some powerful engines to get a heavy rocket off. Turn up your throttle, turn on your SAS for a stable flight, and zoom away. Trial and error is not a problem in this game – you should welcome it. It is good fun seeing your rocket start wobbling around and crash into the ground. If a flight fails, just go into the assembly building and load up that ship, and modify it.

Spoiler :

Ready to Launch!

[Image: 2013-07-20_00007_zpsa1baf29d.jpg]

A HUGE Solar System to Explore-

[Image: 2013-07-20_00003_zps8c19a0a6.jpg]

The Core of a Space Station in Orbit-

[Image: 2013-07-20_00004_zpsb649fc93.jpg]

Tracking your Ship in the Orbit Map-

[Image: 2013-07-20_00006_zps751d84f9.jpg]

At the moment, there is just one concern I have with a mechanic in the game - the assembly of rockets can sometimes be very tedious when dealing with small parts, because when you go to grab a small strut, for example, your mouse has to be a bit off of the item to actually select it (if you get what I mean). This can make things very hard at points. Other than that, there aren't any bugs I can see at this point.

I can see a big future for this game. Imagine playing with friends with space ports around Kerbin, and setting challenges like "Who gets to the moon quickest wins". Imagine building an International Space Station and adding on your own modules together.

At the moment, there is only a Sandbox mode available when you start, however, the developers are working on a Career Mode in which you have a budget. This will be very interesting and will add some more gameplay elements.

At the moment, you can create space stations, landers, interplanetary ships and more. Landing on the moon, or on another planet is very rewarding. The game is constantly being updated, and although it is still in early alpha, it is well worth the $23.00 AUD price. Also, with Steam Sales, currently it is just $13.00 AUD. Remember, all future updates come free when you buy it right now.

Overall Rating – 7.6 / 10
from ArcHammer Reviews

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
The following 1 user Likes ArcHammer's post:
  • dig
Always wanted the game, never had the money to buy it.. Looks great though

Nice review
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
The games about to get better with its .21 update, its already been released to media group members to help promote it in some of their unique ways.

By the thumbnail alone you can see some of the differences, at least one of the cosmetic ones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UYdI1HlUKc
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]