Recent DDoS Attack
Exclamation 
FL Community,

At 2:10AM GMT or so, on 6/12/2011, after MikeyTheFox made a ban on a user for 3 days because of Admin Disrespect and FailRP, the user retaliated with an almost immediate DDoS. There was little lag and then a sudden crash. When asked, Mikey said he was almost certain that this was a DDoS but it was under control. This is said to only be minor and I believe the community has control of the server at this time. I will show some of Mikey and I's conversation.

Mikey was going by 'Not Mikey'

=(eG)=™ Dr. Noobias [FL:RP]: You think thats him DDOSing?
Not Mikey is now playing Garry's Mod. Click here to join.
Not Mikey: yes
Not Mikey: it was a DDos
=(eG)=™ Dr. Noobias [FL:RP]: By that guy?
Not Mikey: yes
Not Mikey: Right after I banned him
Not Mikey: we got lag
Not Mikey: then it crashed
=(eG)=™ Dr. Noobias [FL:RP]: Yeah and then a crash
Not Mikey: I put the server back up really quick to perma ban him
=(eG)=™ Dr. Noobias [FL:RP]: EGC says ban through the firewall
=(eG)=™ Dr. Noobias [FL:RP]: So as far as more attacks go...
=(eG)=™ Dr. Noobias [FL:RP]: Has he been stopped?
Not Mikey: I think its stopping yes
=(eG)=™ Dr. Noobias [FL:RP]: I dont see the point of DDoS attacks lol
Not Mikey: he did it cause he raged
Not Mikey: cause he got banned
Not Mikey: I was going to let him go too cause I though it was his contra

EDIT: This might infact be a DoS attack. I think it happened awfully fast to be a DDoS.
could very easily be an idiot flailing around a botnet >_>
The idiot is been at it all night, i'm currently finding his IP.
Our hosts' epic firewall should render his attacks useless and IP ban him automatically.
Ya the guy I banned felt like he knew everything

He had 0 hours and became a Gundealer and stole CrazyWires Contra.

At first crazy wire told me that there was propblock so when I went to check it out he killed him and when I got there, there was no problock he must have just put down keypads. I told crazy wire I was going to let him go since I though it was his contra and I had no proof of propblock.

Then in OOC He typed "How do I refill contra lol"
And crazy responded "You cant since there not yours"
So I rushed back over to the Gundealer and told him were did he get the contra and he said he "Found them"
But he really stole them from crazywire So I was telling him he couldn't do that and that he should read the rules.

He called me a retard and I was about to ban him and then he went on to be a smartass and said he knows what he cant and can do so I gave him a 3 day ban.

Right after said ban about a 1min or 2 after it we started to get abit of lag I saw our pings getting higher and then the whole server just crashed.

I knew it had to be him since everything was fine until I banned him
[Image: tumblr_oo89kx6Wfc1vvng74o8_r1_1280.png]
I love the Way Mikey Transelates my Lame English to something understandable Cheese and yep Mikey this is the CORRECT story you are kool admin bro +1 Cheese
Shit Rickrolled ! :p

What a retard !
Yea we had one of those before banned for one day for flaming a fellow player so Soul made this site so he could get his IP I tricked him into clicking it got his IP IP banned him and then it was done.
-Signature removed-
The following 1 user Likes s.J.'s post:
  • Noobias
Actually I have always liked mikey and I instantly notified soul about what was going on. And the firewall is kinda strong because it blocked a ddos already(without even crashing the server).
Once again.. The firewall blocks attacks against the host, not specifically us..