Horrible Connection
Hey guys, i dunno if you can really help with this or anything, but i figured you might have some suggestions.

Recently my connection (to anything) has been terrible. I've tried resetting the modem and the router, but with no avail. I've changed IP addresses in case it was a DDOS attack, but i still find myself with a terrible connection.

What do you guys recommend that i do about this? Is it possible that my modem is dying?
Call up your ISP
Complain about it, they'll reset it.
That'll probably bring it back up to speed.
If not, complain and say you're so angry about the standard of the customer service you're going to switch to a different company.
They'll fix it for you then Cheese
The following 1 user Likes Strom's post:
  • Noobias
(06-05-2011, 09:16 PM)Storm Wrote: If not, complain and say you're so angry about the standard of the customer service you're going to switch to a different company.

Its funny, when my xbox broke, i yelled about how i fought in vietnam as a sniper, and how they had better consoles made of bamboo and bound human hair.... they sent me a new one for free, even though my warranty was up ;D

but yeah i'll probably end up doing that. just kinda hoping theres something that i can do on my end before that
The following 1 user Likes Fish's post:
  • Noobias
(06-05-2011, 09:16 PM)Storm Wrote: Call up your ISP
Complain about it, they'll reset it.
That'll probably bring it back up to speed.
If not, complain and say you're so angry about the standard of the customer service you're going to switch to a different company.

What Storm says always works. Start out nice and if they start to deny or say 'Give it time' snap and be like 'I have been waiting for you guys to fix this for 10 freaking days' and if they still whine threaten to switch to another ISP, they will send someone out to bow down in front of you lol.
(06-05-2011, 09:20 PM)Fish Wrote: Its funny, when my xbox broke, i yelled about how i fought in vietnam as a sniper, and how they had better consoles made of bamboo and bound human hair.... they sent me a new one for free, even though my warranty was up ;D

I lol'd.

But I mean, the basic things to check are whether you're using it ... Any software like Torrents, or any of those downloading things will lag it. Spotify will also cause a lot of lag - more than you think ...

But other than that - reset the router - if not - ring your ISP Smile
after some investigation, it looks like my bro is literally ALWAYS torrenting shit.

so i shut it off. Smile
Yeah I asked someone "Why is my ping like 500?" and they said uTorrent... and I had it running as a process in the background, I ended the PROCESS (not the application, the process) and it improved. uTorrent steals CPU.
(06-07-2011, 01:19 AM)Fish Wrote: after some investigation, it looks like my bro is literally ALWAYS torrenting shit.

so i shut it off. Smile

Yep. I hate it when people do that lol. It just steals ALL the bandwidth lol.
Yeah like me... Cheese I made the whole server a clusterfuck for like 10 minutes until I realized it

(06-09-2011, 05:20 PM)Dr. Noobias Wrote: Yeah like me... Cheese I made the whole server a clusterfuck for like 10 minutes until I realized it

Brilliant .. -_-

Closed.