I was banned without justification
Your name: Surgeon Scone

Your ban ID: 33850

Banned by: [FL] Narcotic

Reason: RDM

Involved: Unknown, three other players

Why we should unban you: I was performing a routine interrogation of several suspects when one of them bolted and I gave pursuit. When he pulled a gun and kept going I readied my own. When he aimed for me I made no hesitation to fire first, as the rules well say I can. It turned out to be a tranquilliser when he hit me and he escaped.
Another suspect, who had until then remained quiet and stationary then went for a car and, as he showed no signs of stopping after several warnings I fired, accidentally killing him as I only meant to discourage him, he must've been badly wounded.
I was then banned shortly after this kill will no warning whatsoever regarding why or for how long. I feel that the admin who performed the banning should have at least come up to me and told me what I did wrong because I have never been warned for this behaviour before, despite doing it in public several times previously.
I apologise if my behaviour at the time was in any way considered too aggressive but I strongly believe that this was not an RDM and saw no mention of it before my banning in the OOC. I would rather, that if I were banned, that, at the very least, the admin could inform me of my misdoing.
You shot Pavilion dead whilst he was retrieving his car (yellow Lamborghini). He was not armed and he hadn't committed any crimes, he just jumped in his car and started to move when you sprayed him down without any reason.

Please explain how this is not RDM?

Edit
(06-25-2013, 09:33 PM)Sugeon-Scone Wrote: he showed no signs of stopping after several warnings I fired, accidentally killing him as I only meant to discourage him, he must've been badly wounded.

In this circumstance you should of started a chase, you only shoot at a suspect if he is armed. Instead you decide to spray him with a full mag, you did not fire any warning shots.
In my opinion he was a suspect. I had him stand in a spot and gave chase to another suspect until the ensuing gunfight. When Pavilion was escaping I aimed at him, made commands for him to stop and then fired what was to be a series of warning shots.
Unfortunately, a Lamborghini can move pretty quick and he accelerated into my line of fire. I honestly didn't mean to kill him in any way and was likely to release him afterwards but I was properly RPing the situation in which my character takes his job very seriously and considered all at the crime scene a suspect until he had gathered enough evidence.
Once everything had calmed down I had full intentions to apologise to Pavilion but was unfortunately banned before I could do so much as reload my gun. I am truly sorry for how the situation turned out and if this was considered too brash then I will tone down my behaviour as a cop but I really would like to have this ban repealed, despite its short duration.
(06-25-2013, 09:54 PM)Verzyn Wrote: You only shoot at a suspect if he is armed.

Rules for an unban request Wrote:3. If you are banned for 24h/1 day or less, you are not allowed to make an unban request.
For all I was aware of he was armed as I considered him affiliated with the other suspects until I had questioned him but he made a dash. I did react quickly, not taking the time to aim my gun properly, thus killing him and this was entirely my fault and I should have given chase, an activity I prefer much more anyway.
I still feel this was a rash action by the admin as I often see situations like this in which the people are simply either demoted or warned first, a luxury was not given in either form in my case, however. In the future I will aspire to think through my actions and in-game behaviour but to deal with an issue like this is simply avoiding the real issue by simply getting rid of me for a while.
If I was reprimanded for my actions I could've atoned and become a better RPer but in this case I instead miss out on valuable RPing experience and this will only contribute towards me becoming a worse player.

In general, I tend to avoid direct combat situations as my character, even though I play cop a lot, and I was in an area in which I was repeatedly attacked in the past by many varying factions in the last hour of playtime, even being took hostage in one case in the same area, many of these people were still loitering and so, I felt that it wasn't unlikely that this man was another criminal. It seems, however, that I was wrong and was severely punished for my actions and for that, I am sorry.
As a government official you do not shoot at first option. It does not matter the situation. Unless they are declared hostile that is when you shoot. That is alot of time to be poorly aiming if you shot him enough times to kill him.

Also do not compare your ban to other situations. The banning admin is the one that decides whether your situation is deserving of the given consequence.
I suppose I am simply so passionate about this is due to several reasons.

One: It's my first ban and I'm just freaking out over it.

Two: I had serious plans to pour about six hours into this tonight. Six hours that am now, unable to use on this and so, I feel a little of a loose end.

Three: This is the only worthwhile RP server on GMod in my opinion and I don't want to be rejected from it.

So, if I have seemed a little whiny I am sorry. I do apologise for my bad RP at the time and never meant for it to go the way it did. If you decide at this point that I still should remained banned then so be it, I suppose I'll wait it out.
I'd just like to make a comment in my defense in the matter, since what you're claiming with this theory is that I broke FearRP, and in fact, I did not.

Firstly you gave no command for me to stop, exit the vehicle, etc in anyway.

Secondly, there wasn't time to give these ''commands'' as I was in the vehicle for literally two-five seconds before I was shot dead. I wasn't on that low health either if I remember correctly, so a you must of placed a fairly high amount of bullets into my car. I was also not hostile in any shape or form.

I appreciated the letter of apology sent via the forums.

Thank you, Pavilion.
Well crap, I was sure I was holding x. The voice command must've not got through.

Secondly, I just shoot a lot of bullets when panicking and as I was a little flustered when you tried to bolt, I, of course, was a little panicked.

Guess I'll be back in 15 hours then... guh, what the hell am I going to do now?
Denied.