Changing the SRU name.
Title of Suggestion: Changing the SRU name

Description: Well, SRU isn't really a president's guard team. It just bothers me. They are a team (Explained in the name of the team) That responds to emergency calls. Basically like the S.W.A.T team.

Why: I have been wanting to RP as the job of the SRU but then when I was, the name of the SS was switched. All I really like to do on the server is either RP, or RP as a cop. I would like to RP responding to a situation but the president never lets the Cops put a suit on. Also, the SRU always has to stay with the president. All I want to do is like RP as an Strategic Response Unit.

I know that the rules say not to ask for this but, it's just not the SRU's Job.
[Image: 6a07c75fdc5d6a47e046d73bb0619209]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 8ua.gif]

Click this to see bacon
SRU is a Swat team. Swat teams have different names within different agencies. My Police Department's SWAT team is SRT. Special Response Team / Strategic Response Team, or it is also called C.E.R.T. Combat Emergency Response Team.

There is no need for this.
-support.

SRU are a team to respond quickly on backup messages.
But they still have to stay inside the nexus, until they get a call. They aren't president guards, but they still protect him under raids. I don't really see a reason for this.
Their job is not to guard the president 24/7, they respond to firearms/high risk calls to aid standard Police Officers. They do, however, need to remain in the Nexus.
Regards,
aviator
Maybe you've been watching Flashpoint, that is their impression on "SRU". Strategic Response Unit works just fine for a S.W.A.T team in Evocity.

Here you have a page about how the Special Response Team in Athens-Clarke County operate: http://athensclarkecounty.com/index.aspx?nid=885

athensclarkecounty.com Wrote:Historically, in Athens-Clarke County, the most common type of incident requiring the SRT's response has been a barricaded gunman situation. However, team members are also trained to resolve a wide a range of other incidents including, but not limited to, hostage situations, high risk warrant service, and the apprehension of violent wanted persons.
(06-21-2013, 12:43 AM)TylerSparks Wrote: Well, SRU isn't really a president's guard team. It just bothers me. They are a team (Explained in the name of the team) That responds to emergency calls. Basically like the S.W.A.T team.
SRU is the same as a SWAT team.

(06-21-2013, 12:43 AM)TylerSparks Wrote: I would like to RP responding to a situation but the president never lets the Cops put a suit on.
Cops wear uniforms, not suits - unless it's decently organized and admin/president permitted detective RP.

(06-21-2013, 12:43 AM)TylerSparks Wrote: Also, the SRU always has to stay with the president. Strategic Response Unit.
False, read my first answer again.