Can your dog read your mind?
I often wonder how a dog figures things out like it does. I don't really know a lot about it.
No it cannot, but it can feel tension and how you appear on the outside.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
I think that sometimes, dogs can in-fact read your minds.

I know that it doesn't really sound practical, but take this as an example:

Someone knocks on your door; The dog barks.
You knock on your sisters/brothers door to go inside; The dog does not bark.

Surely if it was the knock triggering the dog to bark, it would do the same when going into someone else's room. The point that i am trying to get across is that when someone knocks on your front door, your dog barks in order to tell you that there is someone at the door, therefore helping you out. This could mean that your dog knows that you have to answer the door.

My dog does the same, and it is helpful when playing games, and someone knocks at the door. Without my dog there would be no way i would be able to hear the door knock, through the loud bursts of rifles on counterstrike.
(05-28-2013, 01:25 PM)Commander Fi5h Wrote: I think that sometimes, dogs can in-fact read your minds.

I know that it doesn't really sound practical, but take this as an example:

Someone knocks on your door; The dog barks.
You knock on your sisters/brothers door to go inside; The dog does not bark.

Surely if it was the knock triggering the dog to bark, it would do the same when going into someone else's room. The point that i am trying to get across is that when someone knocks on your front door, your dog barks in order to tell you that there is someone at the door, therefore helping you out. This could mean that your dog knows that you have to answer the door.

My dog does the same, and it is helpful when playing games, and someone knocks at the door. Without my dog there would be no way i would be able to hear the door knock, through the loud bursts of rifles on counterstrike.

Im going to try this next time I am at my parents place, that dog barks at everything. Its pretty damn smart too. He learned himself how to open the doors so my parents need to lock their door to their bedroom when they are not home otherwise the dog opens the door and jumps up on the bed.
Narcotic go home, you are drunk
[Image: image.png]
Doctor KuLa
Always Drunk
The following 1 user Likes Doctor KuLa's post:
  • Oliver
Dogs are extremely good at reading body-language, and I know there are alot of dogs that can "predict" epilepsy-seizures and such.
Have a read at this page: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/...edogs.html

They can also notice if you are tense/nervous/aggressive just by reading your body-language, and my dog always checks on how I react to "new people", and I have to laugh alot and have a very "loose" bodylanguage for my dog to actually calm down and not chew their face off.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator