[FL] Narcotic Admin abuse
Name: [FL] Narcotic

Time/Date: 22:30 PM 17/4/2013

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40367380

Name of Administrator: [FL] Narcotic

Evidence: So i was playing and that admin narcotic banned a guy for 5 days (because he asked or try to encourage people making a revolution as a president) and i said " ban 5 days isnt to much for small thing?" and admin said " be quiet" and i said " there are people making worse things and only get ban for 1 day" and he banned me for 1 hour , this is abuse , i didnt arguing with him , so i think its abuse also i didnt do anything for be banned .

Regards

The Rock
Bans are not abuse matters.

He can freely dispute his ban.

You started arguing about it, I told you to "be quiet", you then continued and received 1-hour ban.
I was involved with this since I told snakekiller to come up with legit reasons to ban cars, etc. All he came up with, between the lines, was "I'm bored so I'll be a bad President. Come and kill me." I warned him a couple of times but no improved results were shown, so I demoted him. Seconds later, snakekiller was banned by Narcotic because we on FL encourage PassiveRP and NOT AggressiveRP. What snakekiller did, even after being warned, was not okay. Therefore, the ban was deserved and we hope it will teach him how to behave when he's back.

You cannot compare bans, because they all depend on the case itself and nothing else. Questioning Narc's decision made you break General Rule #5 and so, there is no admin abuse displayed in this case. It's just another player not understanding the reason of his punishment. Anyway, I hope this post made you understand.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
User has been warned for this post. Reason:
Time to play devil's advocate.

(04-17-2013, 11:49 PM)Infernaw Wrote: I was involved with this since I told snakekiller to come up with legit reasons to ban cars, etc. All he came up with, between the lines, was "I'm bored so I'll be a bad President. Come and kill me."
As far as I'm aware of no rules exist for, "You can't ban cars as a dictator" but lets follow up on this with that it might be the case, and I haven't paid attention to the rules recently(last checked a week ago). Now, banning cars on the server can be as simple as saying, "Yeah I'm banning cars within the city" this can exist for what is known as on-spot reasoning(emotional reasoning), and in the case of, "I want people to kill me" can be seen as tactical reasoning in the cases of a strong Rebel or Corleone influence within the city.

Once again, as the reasoning is the latter we can see the president didn't really care, and ordered the men under him to begin persecuting the server. From this we can easily tell that it's the president's fault(yay orders), and for the most part, the only orders that players can disobey are orders which strictly go against serious rules. For example, "GO OUT INTO THE STREETS AND KILL PLAYER HURPADERP" or begin mass-executions of civilians for not changing their job to a certain title.

These are the only orders which someone can disobey without it turning up as FailRP, or risk being demoted from one of the only decent paying jobs in the server.

Oh crap. So breaking the rules gets you banned, and not breaking the rules also gets you banned! I must have discovered why Fearless's banlist is reaching 30K bans now!

(04-17-2013, 11:49 PM)Infernaw Wrote: I warned him a couple of times but no improved results were shown, so I demoted him. Seconds later, snakekiller was banned by Narcotic because we on FL encourage PassiveRP and NOT AggressiveRP.
Bullshit.
Broken Cog Theory, is all I really should have to say, but this is Fearless... Time to get in depth.
As of the moment the entire "economy" of Fearless is hard-wired to force people into directly or indirectly supporting contrafarming activities(aggressive rp?) within the server. In order for any form of "passiverp" to occur you would have to give reason for the players to want to Passive RP (money/rp points), or they simply won't do it, because it doesn't benefit them in some way or another. The other suit of "PassiveRP" is the mercantile jobs which surprise, surprise, only exist to slow the pace of contrafarming operations within the server, and therefore indirectly supports contrafarming operations, which need I hit home... Are "aggressive".
Also, if Fearless was so Passive, why does it have the Corleone/Rebel jobs? Whats the point to their existence? "Underground RP"? Wait.... Organizations of criminal groups which relay under the same flag to farm contraband or fight the government. AGGRESSIVE.
The truth is, you are all unwilling to accept that Passive/Aggressive doesn't exist, and you are simply banning players under false idioms.

Quote:What snakekiller did, even after being warned, was not okay. Therefore, the ban was deserved and we hope it will teach him how to behave when he's back.
He either dies, or people join within his ranks(as was the case of the Czech Empire). You can't remove freedom of choice because you guys don't wish to actually put up with spongey brats not being able to fight the government.

Quote:You cannot compare bans, because they all depend on the case itself and nothing else. Questioning Narc's decision made you break General Rule #5 and so, there is no admin abuse displayed in this case. It's just another player not understanding the reason of his punishment. Anyway, I hope this post made you understand.
You just threatened him with a really lackluster rule, and then tried to end it off with a peachy, "understand" statement. Not to mention if that's the case isn't disputing his ban impossible considering the limit on ban appeals is 24 hours, and furthermore from what I can see, this is abuse.
Instead of say... Pulling the player aside, and having an educated discussion, Narcotic quickly dropped the guy with a one hour ban. Considering the player can't actually debate the ban, and has no where to legitmatley voice his damn opinion, he's stuck. Basically leaving the user with an incredibly bitter taste in his mouth because the admins are either to lazy or to ignorant to educate players through reason... Not force.

If anything the true "aggressives" are the admins. Learn to use the pen, not the sword.
Joey you know well enough that you are not allowed to post here unless involved. User warned for that.
Since I was by the side of the rock, I can say, this was a little abused, narcotic could mute him in the chat or something, like it states in the rules, he was only giving is opinion, and not trying to get in a discussion, but since fearless has such low class rules, that doesn't let us complain about anything or anyone, there's nothing we can do.
No abuse.