Introduction of Boats
(11-18-2014, 11:18 PM)Nevy Wrote: The lake on v33x/v2p are both quite big. V2d there is no chance of boats.

They're fairly big if you was to swim across, but in a boat they'd probably take about half a minute from one side to the other if even that.
Thinking realistically, Yachts require a big-ass lorry or a ship for transportation, nobody would go through that trouble to place it on a lake the size of those on v2p/v33x (the location isn't exactly where you'd expect a yacht to be either, Evocity is a bit of a dump). Yachts aren't really something you can just put in the water, drive around for a few hours and then take it back out when you're done, you'll leave it in a harbour for long periods of time.
Small boats and jet-skis can be put in the water for a few hours then transported home using a decent car and a tow.

[Image: Sailboat-Transport.jpg]

[Image: 2044_-_photo_0_img.jpg]
-Support
No point. Lakes are too small, Only thing they'd do is sit in the water or drive around in tiny circles.. Plus adds to the content size which is trying to be limited to wisely selected addons. Not yachts that drive in tiny lakes the size of a basketball court.
The following 1 user Likes DougisBest's post:
  • GRiiM
(11-19-2014, 02:25 AM)DougisBest Wrote: -Support
No point. Lakes are too small, Only thing they'd do is sit in the water or drive around in tiny circles.. Plus adds to the content size which is trying to be limited to wisely selected addons. Not yachts that drive in tiny lakes the size of a basketball court.

In that case, we should remove Buses because they are too big for the streets.

Not too sure if you looked at the amount of people that support adding content, and in my opinion (As well as many others) the addition of boats is worth a slight increase in content size.

Examples of RP that can come from the implementation of boats

• PirateRP
  • FishermanRP
  • CoastGuardRP
  • BoatRacingRP
  • NavyRP
  • CartelRP
  • SmugglerRP
  • Yacht Clubs
  • Etcetera
And if you read OP, then you would see that the price of the "Yacht" would be in the millions and thus not many people would have them. (Even though the lake could hold quite a few since it is larger than a basketball court)

There are plenty of other smaller boats that could be added that can be less expensive, or maybe even have an RP point requirement.
(11-19-2014, 02:33 AM)Nevy Wrote:

Not too sure if you looked at the amount of people that support adding content, and in my opinion (As well as many others) the addition of boats is worth a slight increase in content size.

• PirateRP
  • FishermanRP
  • CoastGuardRP
  • BoatRacingRP
  • NavyRP
  • CartelRP
  • SmugglerRP
  • Yacht Clubs
  • Etcetera
And if you read OP, then you would see that the price of the "Yacht" would be in the millions and thus not many people would have them. (Even though the lake could hold quite a few since it is larger than a basketball court)

There are plenty of other smaller boats that could be added that can be less expensive, or maybe even have an RP point requirement.

The difference being that buses are not an uncommon sight even in small cities, they're limited to 2 at a time and there's a whole lot more road in the map than lakes. A yacht in a tiny lake on the other hand...
I'm all for supporting small boats but a yacht is ridiculous for this map.
(11-19-2014, 02:33 AM)Nevy Wrote:

• PirateRP
  • FishermanRP
  • CoastGuardRP
  • BoatRacingRP
  • NavyRP
  • CartelRP
  • SmugglerRP
  • Yacht Clubs
  • Etcetera

10/9 of those servers are built for boats. The arguement of "In that case, we should remove buses because they are too big for the streets." Thats invalid. 
1. Buses are a common transportation service used throughout the city by all citizens. It actually has a meaning. Not just to sit there in the water floating, maybe driving in a few donuts around the lake.
2. "Remove buses because they are too BIG for the streets" A bus is 2-3x the length of a car. No problemo there. The proportion of a bus to the map, is much wider than the proportion of a yacht to lake. That doesnt make much since at all.

I'll admit, they'd be cool to have, but not much meaning to them. I dont see this getting approved.
I'd rather have this to be honest;

[Image: BA3327D4E62042A7121F89F0D91D8EC2FFB72735]

It's a working boat aye.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 3 users Like Floodify's post:
  • Nevy, beflok, GRiiM
(12-01-2014, 03:12 PM)myfloodify Wrote: I'd rather have this to be honest;

[Image: BA3327D4E62042A7121F89F0D91D8EC2FFB72735]

It's a working boat aye.

Boat casually chilling with two dead bodies around it, haha

+Support
I like this idea although I don’t know how you’re supposed to put this back into your inventory  
[Image: e5bf68204644a67fc15ab6cd327926a2.png]
(04-03-2013, 11:26 AM)SoulRipper Wrote: If we had maps like GTA San Andreas I would've agreed, but now it will just be an useless thing to show of your wealth.

Now that you can fish anywhere, its useful for fishing on. 
Plus there definitely room for RP there.
[Image: e5bf68204644a67fc15ab6cd327926a2.png]
For Obay

Step 1. Build decent looking boat
Step 2. Fish
Step 3. Profit????
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
+Support
Price range between 3m and 10m, I see BMW's more than I see trabants nowadays.