Server never changes ~
(03-21-2013, 12:51 PM)GhostRider Wrote: Few more developers wont harm, the main problem is there are not many who can be trusted.

Of course, that's a problem.
Find some people, make big changes over a couple of days, put the server in maintenance. A lot of things to do to keep everything safe.

We just need a lot more developers. Things are going slow.
Sooner or later another RP server will bang out this one in features, etc. etc.

It's better to put some effort in changes than to get knocked out by another server.

Not saying it will, but it can.
Need houses, bases, high tech bases or other advanced duplicates?
/PM Wabbit in-game or add Wabbit on Steam for further information.

I don't get why you're complaining? You user the word never, the community servers have changed a lot the last few months, we have a very dedicated staff team, supervising administrators, developers and an owner, we work around the clock to ensure your experience, and our developers work just as hard as everyone else. Developing and thinking up new plugins and additions is not easy, and it's certainly nothing that happens overnight, I suggest you sit tight, wait in patience for our developers to come with new additions. We all work hard.
The following 3 users Like Narc's post:
  • DubpleRW, Rowan13, tQto
I have to agree with everyone else on this.
The admins know exactly what they are on about, I've been around for almost a year and a shit ton of new stuff was added, specially after the gmod13 transition.

This isn't a suggestion, go munch on a carrot and gtfo.
[Image: B6nW6le.png]

Image removed, Clan closed. - beflok
Admin removed, beflok closed. - rowan

I trade Tea for rep.
The following 1 user Likes Rowan13's post:
  • ChrilLe
I think the server changed a lot. Not directly for your experience, but all under the hood. Imagine the complete transformation to the Gmod13 engine, we had to rebuild the core, we had to change the entire library with new modules. We were one of the few communities who got their work done on time, there're still servers trying to get their mods working on Gmod13, although most of them gave up.

50% of the stuff we improve are not written on the changelog and will be noticeable in the long term (performance improvement, bugfixes, etc).

I can say from experience that it's almost impossible to find trustable persons as developers, Temar and Matt are the only people I trust developing for Fearless. If I make someone developer, I have to trust him 100%, even more risk than a SA promotion.

I'm nothing but proud on the development on the server.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 9 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • equal, tQto, GeorgeTheBoy, Termin, DoomDude1, Toxic, Theblackshadowofgod, HellShell, Moisty
(03-21-2013, 03:12 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: I think the server changed a lot. Not directly for your experience, but all under the hood. Imagine the complete transformation to the Gmod13 engine, we had to rebuild the core, we had to change the entire library with new modules. We were one of the few communities who got their work done on time, there're still servers trying to get their mods working on Gmod13, although most of them gave up.

50% of the stuff we improve are not written on the changelog and will be noticeable in the long term (performance improvement, bugfixes, etc).

I can say from experience that it's almost impossible to find trustable persons as developers, Temar and Matt are the only people I trust developing for Fearless. If I make someone developer, I have to trust him 100%, even more risk than a SA promotion.

That makes a lot more sense... I had no idea you had to do the core over.

Just to get one thing straight, this is to everyone. I'm not trying to insult you in any way, I am simply opening it up for discussion. I appreciate the people holding it serious and that doesn't take it personal. All I want is to help contributing to the server and the community with my thoughts and views and I appreciate critique! Smile

I know how to spit out my opinion on things, more ideas are better than none, but I sure as hell don't know anything about developing. I guess I've been hanging around the suggestion section too much, my head is swimming in ideas. There are so many great ideas, but, as always - kill your darlings.

(03-21-2013, 02:10 PM)mr_rowan13 Wrote: This isn't a suggestion, go munch on a carrot and gtfo.

Why a carrot? I like tits.

Gotta say I agree with everyone else on this point, I'd much rather have a Developer team that takes a little while implementing things than have an additional Dev who fucks up the server.
(03-21-2013, 03:12 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: I think the server changed a lot. Not directly for your experience, but all under the hood. Imagine the complete transformation to the Gmod13 engine, we had to rebuild the core, we had to change the entire library with new modules. We were one of the few communities who got their work done on time, there're still servers trying to get their mods working on Gmod13, although most of them gave up.

Best person to hear it from.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
The following 1 user Likes Toxic's post:
  • tQto
Well, yes. There are only 2 developers. But like Soul said giving someone full access to a server is, always, a huge risk.

Take a look a the approved section. There are 36 threads in there.
I mean, yes the reason you are a developer is because you develop things. But there are some HUGE things in there to implent.
These things take time to code, test etc. And I'm sure that they are doing the best they can.

Also Matt fixed alot of things in CityRP. If he wasn't here the changes of exploits would be alot higher than it is now, you should thank this awesome guy.

And well, the GUI of CityRP indeed hasn't got changed alot lately, but what about the new DERMA panels? They look nice in my opinion Smile.

I do agree on the fact that there are not alot of updates regarding items for players, new GUI or whatever.
But, choose for yourself: Would you rather have a nice gamemode that looks awesome but which is insecure as ***.
I'd rather have an (as good as) exploit-free gamemode first, and they focus on the GUI later on. Otherwise FL may get hacked, and then you're all whining about the fact that CityRP had to be more secured, and it has to come online asap and so on...

Give them some time to code these things, because when they put it online for the public, be sure it's going to be awesome.
You say this:

(03-21-2013, 11:42 AM)Wabbit Wrote: Even small details are good. It makes a difference. I haven't seen one to remember in years.

and when GhostRider actually drops a lot of changes you are not happy cause its just small changes? Dafuq?
(03-21-2013, 05:08 PM)Humla Wrote: You say this:

(03-21-2013, 11:42 AM)Wabbit Wrote: Even small details are good. It makes a difference. I haven't seen one to remember in years.

and when GhostRider actually drops a lot of changes you are not happy cause its just small changes? Dafuq?

Yeah. That was before he told me the changes I didn't know about and I take it all back. Wink