The healthy solution.
Y'all taking this way too serious, it's just 9gag.
user title was put to "one of the elders" by default, and holy shit does that sound extreme
(03-21-2013, 11:56 AM)kakcraft Wrote: Y'all taking this way too serious, it's just 9gag.

Too late, the thread has a life of its own...

Besides, a healthy discussion is always beneficial.
(03-21-2013, 11:45 AM)The Illustrious Vai Emperor Wrote: That picture is ridiculous. While "true" renewable energy is increasingly becoming more necessary, it's currently highly inefficient and will not meet any countries power demands, especially considering our hyperconsumerism. Even not taking that into account, current energy demands for survival and country maintenance are incredibly high. Wind power will not cut it, and infact isn't entirely harmless either.

Nuclear power is what we need to supply the bulk of our energy. Far cleaner and safer than fossil fuels, and very efficient. The UK finally approved a new nuclear plant recently, which will provide 7% of the UKs power from one site, finally making us more energy independent - We've been buying from France for years. Guess who has a great nuclear program? France. Not only will it provide great jobs for nuclear, chemical and other sorts of engineers, but it'll stimulate the economy once it's built - It's a 14 billion pound asset to the UK, and hopefully soon we'll got more plants approved. Waste is a very minor issue now in comparison to that of other energy sources. Money also needs to be heavily invested into new plant design and fusion research.

Yes, the nuclear plants is the best choice, for now. Studies says that our uranium resources will only last for about 100 years, and with time new technology develops and it will need more energy, in the end, we will not have any power.

We need to find something else to totally trust and use, something that we can renew and use over and over again, like wind turbines and hydro power and "wave power". Sure, wind turbines makes about 800 Kwh/year and nuclear plant 20000 Kwh/year, but if we develop new sort of "healthy" resources, we can "throw" away the nuclear plants and go green.

In helsingborg (my town) the busses are using old food as fuel. They also use old food to make "heat power" in the world's most modern "heat power plant", at least I think that's what I think it's called...

The only thing I can say is that we need to think about the future. What we are doing NOW will not be a good future. My family and myself are using wind turbine and hydro power energy.
Kind Regards,
Floodify