PewDiePie.
The thing is, I don't hate PewDiePie but just some of the bro's, see the video's to find out why,
The following 1 user Likes Victorinox's post:
  • Alphaey
Only reason I have a little respect for PewDiePie is because his girlfriend is hot.

Other than that, he makes video's just for money, not for fun. He talks in a weird voice on purpose, and I'm not talking about his accent, it's that weird "I'm cute" voice. He makes those retarded faces on purpose for a long period of time so people will screenshot it. So they can tell everyone how funny his faces are.

I used to like Tobuscus, but then I realized he's pretty much doing the above, apart from the retarded faces part.

I used to like the Yogscast, then I watched their old video's, realized how genuine and funny they were before, and how after SOI (Shadow Of Israphel) began, (not their Minecraft series, their Minecraft series turned into SOI after they said they were going to invite some friends on,) and I think the idea of a mysterious unknown player entering the game sparked, it got popular, and they became all about the money. So I don't really watch them anymore.

At the moment I watch Sips A LOT Wink Such a funny guy who generally responds to his fans in the comments, and in his video's. ALL THE TIME. And can play the most unfunny game and still get huge laughs out of it. Sure, he's in it for the money just like anybody else, but as long as you actually give a damn about the people who are giving you the money then I'm fine with that.

[Image: ezgif_com_save.gif] Oh, Ariana. Stop it, you!
The following 1 user Likes Small Bear's post:
  • Nadrickk
(03-30-2013, 01:07 PM)Small Bear Wrote: Sure, he's in it for the money just like anybody else, but as long as you actually give a damn about the people who are giving you the money then I'm fine with that.

I wouldn't say that PewDiePie, Tobuscus and Yogscast don't care about their fanbase; they have to.
I never understood all these apparently "funny" things these youtubers did. They're not funny at all.

Come on, making weird faces and saying stupid shit while playing some crappy game? How's that funny?
The following 3 users Like Verenikin's post:
  • Niimo, Small Bear, Nadrickk
(03-30-2013, 01:14 PM)Adman Wrote:
(03-30-2013, 01:07 PM)Small Bear Wrote: Sure, he's in it for the money just like anybody else, but as long as you actually give a damn about the people who are giving you the money then I'm fine with that.

I wouldn't say that PewDiePie, Tobuscus and Yogscast don't care about their fanbase; they have to.

They have to act like they do. Of course.

(03-30-2013, 01:25 PM)Small Bear Wrote:

But why, simply because they earn a lot of money doing it, would that make them not care? Of course, the motive is money but you yourself said that this Sips has the same motivation. I only think that people automatically assume that doing something for money means they disregard their fans; of course certain people will do so but that doesn't mean everyone does. I personally can't think of a specific act that Tobuscus, Yogscast or PewDiePie have done that would be evidence for this. (Then again, I don't watch any of them)

And to Verenikin, that has always been the case. Different people find different things amusing, offensive, interesting, boring, entertaining, intelligent, harsh, realistic, friendly, the list could go on. It is what separates us from being the same, we all have different tastes. Some people find these YouTubers amusing, others such as yourself do not. I personally used to watch PewDiePie now and again, his early Amnesia videos were a little entertaining. I have since grown bored of him and to be honest don't watch many 'YouTubers' now anyway.
(03-30-2013, 01:32 PM)Adman Wrote:
(03-30-2013, 01:25 PM)Small Bear Wrote:

But why, simply because they earn a lot of money doing it, would that make them not care? Of course, the motive is money but you yourself said that this Sips has the same motivation. I only think that people automatically assume that doing something for money means they disregard their fans; of course certain people will do so but that doesn't mean everyone does. I personally can't think of a specific act that Tobuscus, Yogscast or PewDiePie have done that would be evidence for this. (Then again, I don't watch any of them)

And to Verenikin, that has always been the case. Different people find different things amusing, offensive, interesting, boring, entertaining, intelligent, harsh, realistic, friendly, the list could go on. It is what separates us from being the same, we all have different tastes. Some people find these YouTubers amusing, others such as yourself do not. I personally used to watch PewDiePie now and again, his early Amnesia videos were a little entertaining. I have since grown bored of him and to be honest don't watch many 'YouTubers' now anyway.

They both have a range of channels, suggesting they just want more money than they're already getting. In other words; greed. Greed is a selfish desire for something, like discussed in the video, they play the same game; over, over and over again. Squeezing out all the money they can. The faces PewDiePie pulls, so people screenshot it, and tell their friends how funny he is. Perhaps make a meme out of it, all gives him more publicity = more money. Notice a pattern? His motivation is money, their is no balance. Sips creates that balance.

He has a series called 'An Evening with Sips,' where he plays a game, if people want to see more of it, they comment. He responds by turning that episode of a game into a series. He also talks about what people are commenting in his video's, if people are telling him he's missed something, he goes back to look for it. He also responds back in the comments himself.

You wouldn't find BlueXephos, PewDiePie, or Tobuscus doing that.

(03-30-2013, 05:54 PM)Small Bear Wrote: They both have a range of channels, suggesting they just want more money than they're already getting. In other words; greed. Greed is a selfish desire for something, like discussed in the video, they play the same game; over, over and over again. Squeezing out all the money they can. The faces PewDiePie pulls, so people screenshot it, and tell their friends how funny he is. Perhaps make a meme out of it, all gives him more publicity = more money. Notice a pattern? His motivation is money, their is no balance. Sips creates that balance.

Apart from the multiple channels, which is a clear money making scheme, the rest seems to be a product of his fanbase. He pulls those faces because that is PewDiePie. You may find it stupid and not funny, heck so do I, but people are willing to watch it and share it - I can't really see that being his fault. As with anything, money is always going to be the main motivation and I highly suspect the same will occur to Sips one day.

Small Bear Wrote:He has a series called 'An Evening with Sips,' where he plays a game, if people want to see more of it, they comment. He responds by turning that episode of a game into a series. He also talks about what people are commenting in his video's, if people are telling him he's missed something, he goes back to look for it. He also responds back in the comments himself.

You wouldn't find BlueXephos, PewDiePie, or Tobuscus doing that.

That sounds pretty swell, but I don't see this sort of thing lasting. A lot of YouTubers change when they become more famous and thus gain more money. You also have to realise that a lot of these, arguably bigger, YouTubers can't afford to respond too regularly in comments because of the sheer amount of time it would take.

I'm not defending these guys, but I don't really see anything against them either. They make videos that people are wiling to watch and make money from it.
The following 1 user Likes Adman's post:
  • Reefanis